25 years ago today

Virtuoso

Would you say this was the last genuine superstar marquee signing in Scotland . Gazza obviously came with a big potential and succeeded. Obviously we have signed high calibre players since and they have done the job but can’t think of any that came with the gazza fanfare .

except Maybe Robbie Keane with them :pipe:

4 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

:lol: I was 15, and got the 'Gazza haircut'.

I was approaching my mid twenties and old enough to know better when we signed Gazza...........didn't stop me getting the haircut though :lol:

It was unreal when he signed for us. His natural talent was off the scale. 

That and the fact we already had Laudrup, happy fucking days being a Bear back then. We were genuinely spoiled.

25 years ago but.............feeling an auld cunt Loyal :anguish::lol:

9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Christ man I had Freddy Ljungberg’s red Mohican when I was in primary school but my mum wouldn’t let me dye it properly so I got some shite one from Boots and it went pink :lol:

Brutal. Was also gutted when he made that brief stint for that lot.

When you were 2? 

I can remember being outside on a scorching day waiting for him to come out the front door.

Looking round at all the young team with the exact same hairdo as the Gazza. 

What a player. Loved him. Still do. 💙

8 in a row still my favourite season,  my first season allowed to go away games ,14 year old came out the RSC ballot for the game at parkheed Gazza scored, I’m sure the ballot was on the way home from Dortmund at ibrox in the champions league, maw was having none of it 😂, lad ran the bus phoned her and said I’d be fine they’d look after me 👍🏻 Loved every minute of it , right next to the cunts to 👍🏻😂

Archived