Rangers double standard on full display against Livingston as Morelos suffers

The Dude

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Why remove it when the other media sources aren’t removed ? 

Do you want people to read it or not ? 

Aye I do. Hence why I provided the link. I also want to make a living and folk C&P it reduces the hits it gets and the revenue the site makes to allow us to continue to operate.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have long felt that the club – and Alfredo Morelos in particular – are held to a very different standard to most in Scottish football and two incidents from yesterday’s 0-0 draw with Livingston highlight just how ridiculous it is.

The Colombian is often pulled up by officials for transgressions which are let go in games up and down the country every single weekend and sometimes even when he hasn’t even done a thing wrong.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/two-moments-which-highlight-double-standard-Rangers-star-faces/

You and I rarely see eye to eye but you are spot on here.

Saw Devlin’s gesture and thought “that’s a yellow” but still waiting.

16 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

So who decides who are the good guys ? The author was a paid employee of the Daily record is that a banned platform ? 

If you try to link to that outlet it'll say "BOYCOTT THIS LINK" so, yeah.

I think it's reasonable to be okay with not clicking DR links to disrupt their revenue stream, whilst also encouraging clicks to a Rangers website where an individual who used to write for the DR now posts content.

Unless the individual peddled anti-Rangers articles at the DR, which obviously isn't the case.

12 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Was a dick move and rightly removed 👍

Precedent set from now then all articles to be linked rather than pasted wether it’s a failed journalists or real one from an enemy of the club 💪🏼

Unless Gerrard and the club highlight these inconsistencies publicly then nothing will change.  Gerrard has a huge public presence and if he just mentioned politely in sky interview he’d like “clarification” on Morelos’s booking when Livi players weren’t booked for same offence then it puts pressure on refs and Spfl! Do it every single game and hammer home message! 

1 minute ago, Davidorrp said:

Unless Gerrard and the club highlight these inconsistencies publicly then nothing will change.  Gerrard has a huge public presence and if he just mentioned politely in sky interview he’d like “clarification” on Morelos’s booking when Livi players weren’t booked for same offence then it puts pressure on refs and Spfl! Do it every single game and hammer home message! 

Said already on other threads Morelos is no angel but neither his team mates nor the club have given him any sort of backing either on or off the park - and people wonder why he wants out of this cesspit 

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

Said already on other threads Morelos is no angel but neither his team mates nor the club have given him any sort of backing either on or off the park - and people wonder why he wants out of this cesspit 

What more could the club do ? 

Simply highlight the fact he gets a booking while others don’t for same thing in same match would be a start. Ask to speak to Refs supervisor about the targeting of Morelos by refs.  Question their motives.  Just put pressure on them!!  

6 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

You raging aye? 

Cause you thought you were being a smart arse posting the article so the dude wouldnt get any hits (which is a cunt move, thats how he makes a living and its not like he is keith jackson) then it got removed proving it was indeed, a cunt move now your shouting about prescedents 😂 post a DR article then if your so firm on your prescedents 👍

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

What have they done ?? 

They have highlighted and commented on the racism and appealed various poor decisions I don’t see what more they could do Along with pieces on RTV trying to show people the real Alfie 

2 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Cause you thought you were being a smart arse posting the article so the dude wouldnt get any hits (which is a cunt move, thats how he makes a living and its not like he is keith jackson) then it got removed proving it was indeed, a cunt move now your shouting about prescedents 😂 post a DR article then if your so firm on your prescedents 👍

But why would I be angry ? Or even emotional about the situation you are a strange boy 

We can’t really expect anything to change when our own club doesn’t highlight the obvious double standard. 

I had a argument with my dad about it yesterday during the game. I was furious at the yellow and my dad was saying “ he shouldn’t be reacting like that “. As I said to my dad, he’s the only player in the league that gets a yellow for that.

Sure enough , late in the game the livi player does the EXACT same thing and isn’t even spoken to. Pointed that out to my dad and he just went “ aye but Morelos is a target for it”.

We shouldn’t just be accepting our player being unfairly treated because Scottish football has made him fair game.

Archived