New Covid Rules

scottyc06

5 hours ago, five stars said:

How many points will a team be deducted if they play someone who is supposed to be in quarantine or isolation?

Mandatory 0-3 result and the 3 points donated to the tarriers .....as the Rangers are back! 🇬🇧🔴🔵🇬🇧

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The forfeited game goes in the record as a 3-0 win or loss so it should count, imagine you were the team that could field a team but your player doesn't finish his suspension due to the other team

I think the rules are different if say a team pulls out the league/goes bust and all fixtures are voided, 

Yeah I just think a team needs to play without that individual for the impact of the suspension to be actualized. Im not sure a player will be seen to be punished if a team is awarded a win.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It possibly just works in our favour. I’d rather forfeits than game build up. 

We have a 30 man squad. We get tested what 2-3 times a week, the chances of us having 18 players out just won’t happen I don’t think. 

Meanwhile, actual game build ups because of last seasons SC, and this seasons LC mean that mob potentially still have 4 to squeeze in after new year, anymore and they’d be extending seasons left right and centre and let’s be honest we’re not getting handed the title if it goes tits up. 

This is the reason they are pushing for these powers. 

Lets say in 3 weeks time Motherwell have an outbreak and can't field a team against the Shettlestons, the last thing they need is another fixture to re-schedule on top of the 2020 SC fixtures that they insisted must be played out to achieve the most tainted treble imaginable. 0-3 and a rest week benefits one team only.

Both us and them are very unlikely to be unable to field a team given the size of our squads but there are a few squads that are very limited and given the game they already have to fit in v the sheep and the 1/2 SC postponements than this "suggestion" from the SPFL board is designed to aid one team only.

Given the blatant corruption we witnessed to gift them a title last year, which was played out shamelessly under our noses as we had a representative on the board, now that the slant eyed puppeteer is actually in the room and we have been removed then the one thing we can be assured of is that only one teams interests will be paramount. There will be NOTHING and I mean NOTHING they won't do if it means getting "the ten" 

Bear in mind the SPFL were insisting that Aberdeen must play at the timmery without two thirds of a team, it was the gov that essentially forced their hand

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah I just think a team needs to play without that individual for the impact of the suspension to be actualized. Im not sure a player will be seen to be punished if a team is awarded a win.

I dont see that tbh, if that's the case then an injured player wouldnt be allowed to serve a suspension either ala christie last season, until they are fit again

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I know it sounds daft but this is the best i can find online lol

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/337220/does-forfeiting-count-as-a-game-for-suspended-players

Yeah its a console game, but id still wager they have all the footballing rules included

44 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I know it sounds daft but this is the best i can find online lol

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/337220/does-forfeiting-count-as-a-game-for-suspended-players

Yeah its a console game, but id still wager they have all the footballing rules included

Mate come on. 😂

Firstly thats a computer game ruling from years ago.

Secondly it appears to talk about challenging a decision, forfeiting Team Of The Week and the player still being suspended so I've no idea the relevance.

Back in the real world I'm pretty sure cards picked up in subsequently abandoned games still count. Even though the game needs replayed. So rules aren't necessarily in favour of club / player.

I'll wait and see what the clarification is tbh.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate come on. 😂

Secondly it appears to talk about challenging a decision, forfeiting Team Of The Week and the player still being suspended so I've no idea the relevance.

Back in the real world I'm pretty sure cards picked up in subsequently abandoned games still count. Even though the game needs replayed. So rules aren't necessarily in favour of club / player.

Cards dont count iirc in abandoned games as neither do goals wether its for the teams record or the players record

9 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

SPFL distributed plans to clubs to change the rules, not like them, in regards to teams that can’t field a team due to covid.

3-0 forfeit for any team that can’t fulfil the match, no rescheduling. I mean it makes sense I suppose when you think of the backlog that could be created, something we will struggle with if we go on another European/domestic cup run... but fuck me this again highlights how pish the SPFL are, surely you could have forecast this at the start of the season! Too busy worrying about how they were going to award the tarriers their title. 

A lot will complain no doubt but it definitely suits us when you look at the strength in depth we have! 

Not if your told by the government you can’t play the game.

Just as a matter of interest, how many times could a team benefit from being awarded a 3-0 & 3 points in a season?, I realize I'm being flippant here but theoretically in these circumstances any team could be awarded the points and goals without kicking a ball for the rest of the season and end up winning the league.:hmmm:

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate come on. 😂

I really dont understand folk that laugh at the suggestion that computer games might get the rules right.

This is an obscure example, so maybe not in this case, but you see it all the time with folk belittling things like Football Manager and Fifa.

These games are incredibly polished developments and will tend to get the details correct in most cases. Games like Fifa are probably worth more than big Hollywood blockbusters and the likes now.

The scouting range of Football Manager is incredible, and although it wont be as detailed as a club sending a scout to look at a player in depth, they will be on par or better than any club scouting network in existence for overall reach.

The only teams that should be punished are those where rules have been broken,eg Sellik n the sheep.

if it requires 6 games in 6 days for those within the rules so be it.

Farcical these rules have now been drawn up and not at start of season.

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I really dont understand folk that laugh at the suggestion that computer games might get the rules right.

This is an obscure example, so maybe not in this case, but you see it all the time with folk belittling things like Football Manager and Fifa.

These games are incredibly polished developments and will tend to get the details correct in most cases. Games like Fifa are probably worth more than big Hollywood blockbusters and the likes now.

The scouting range of Football Manager is incredible, and although it wont be as detailed as a club sending a scout to look at a player in depth, they will be on par or better than any club scouting network in existence for overall reach.

I'm going on this scenario where team of the week is mentioned, yet we're discussing suspensions prior to forfeited games.

I'll stick to the actual articles of associations and rules etc given different association can apply different rules, rather than what a computer game says and interprets it into domestic competitions.

And as there's little clarity I can see from a quick scan, I'll await confirmation from authorities which will come if games do end up being forfeited.

As for scouting etc, you may be right, FM isn't my thing though my kids love it.

I'm not in favour of moving the goalposts midway through the season, especially as on paper this benefits certain teams more than others. This is exactly the reason why there should not be changes mid season. The SPFL can't help themselves. 

13 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

The only teams that should be punished are those where rules have been broken,eg Sellik n the sheep.

if it requires 6 games in 6 days for those within the rules so be it.

Farcical these rules have now been drawn up and not at start of season.

Remember our Manchester season need to keep the sporting integrity of the league 

18 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate come on. 😂

If a game is postponed and later awarded as a forfeit, a suspension isn't considered to be served.

fucking spfl donkeys. useless shower a shite.

we better no give these cunts any excuse. they will pull out all stops to award sellick the title. it's not enough to win games on the pitch. need to beat the refs and the SPFL too. 

gerrard better be keeping close tabs on all the players so we don't have anyone catching this fucking thing. hopefully if we keep up our performance we'll stroll the league.

5 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

fucking spfl donkeys. useless shower a shite.

we better no give these cunts any excuse. they will pull out all stops to award sellick the title. it's not enough to win games on the pitch. need to beat the refs and the SPFL too. 

gerrard better be keeping close tabs on all the players so we don't have anyone catching this fucking thing. hopefully if we keep up our performance we'll stroll the league.

If it's like last season, we'll just agree they should be champions anyway

3 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Remember our Manchester season need to keep the sporting integrity of the league 

Of course, still better than being automatically docked points and fucked on goal difference. Not playing the game makes a farce of the league. Can you imagine being awarded 5 games 3-0 due to an outbreak and winning the league. 

Would happen to those jammy fucks across the city.

Archived