Site keeps crashing on Chrome

Essandoh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’m on IPad mate and did all that when this shit happened. It didn’t work. I ended up going down the page and found something to click on (Rangers Media2020) I think. Clicked it and got back on. Honestly scared to log out now in case I can’t get back on. Something not right. 

the thing you clicked on is the "theme".

changing that forces your browser to load a different "css file" (tech stuff, no need for details)

And that also should solve the problem for others.

Using a "private" or "incognito" window might also help someone.

failing that, they need to join followfollow. :craphead:

8 minutes ago, govanblue said:

changing that forces your browser to load a different "css file" (tech stuff, no need for details)

Maybe somebody from admin could send a message out that everyone can see. Too many people now complaining. 

15 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Logged out. Shut down my IPad and had the same fucked up issue. Had to go to theme as you said. Got back in. No problem getting on any other sites. Something’s wrong. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Logged out. Shut down my IPad and had the same fucked up issue. Had to go to theme as you said. Got back in. No problem getting on any other sites. Something’s wrong. 

it will sort itself out eventually, when cached files get overwritten on the server blah blah technobollocks.

in the meantime, folk could always try using a different browser.

I always recommend Opera...

https://www.opera.com/mobile

10 minutes ago, govanblue said:

it will sort itself out eventually, when cached files get overwritten on the server blah blah technobollocks.

in the meantime, folk could always try using a different browser.

I always recommend Opera...

https://www.opera.com/mobile

Mate, I’ve tried Chrome, Safari, Yahoo, Edge. Still doesn’t work with them. I’m back in, but you can’t tell me there’s not a problem. 

2 hours ago, govanblue said:

have you tried deleting your cache (temporary internet files)?  I think that will solve it.  Your device is trying to access a stored copy of the site which has got messed up.  Delete your temporary internet files and this forces your browser to go to the web for a fresh copy of the site.

Google "is it safe to delete my cache" first just to make sure I'm not winding you up.  :p:

From a Home screen on your Apple® iPad®, navigate: Settings  > Safari.

Tap Clear History and Website Data.
 Clears history, cookies and other browsing data.

Tap Clear to confirm.

Tried that as well mate still no joy

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Go right down that fucked up page mate and click on Rangers 2020. That’s what got me back in. I was down for 2 weeks.   

Been doing that for weeks now but said fuck it I'll try again and fuck me but does it not finally work this time LOL!!, cheers mate:tu:

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

Can only get into ot section if I change view to unread threads then directly click on an ot thread then select the ot link at top of thread.

Lot of shite this @Badger

Try the new theme mate

nobody cares that you’re stubborn and keep trying to use the broken one

Archived