Rangers Women

Clemdog

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

The anti womens team brigade crawling out the woodwork. Predictable 🙄

No anti woman team at all but the standard is horrific. These girls are getting paid to play football. I expected more I said the same when I went to see them last week. 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Not anti-women's football.  My daughter plays football.  The standard of football is frankly awful.   Are you telling us you would watch this if it wasn't Rangers?

Yes. I've watched womens football for years. Whether its games in England,  Champions League or internationals. I've saw plenty of piss poor mens games in that time frame too 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Not anti-women's football.  My daughter plays football.  The standard of football is frankly awful.   Are you telling us you would watch this if it wasn't Rangers?

Would you watch Rangers men if it wasn't Rangers?

I absolutely fucking wouldn't :lol: 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I've genuinely watched better quality at amateur level 🤣 hopefully we improve 

Amateur? Mate that toddler thing they do 3v3 is better 

Benfica have had about 30 chances and Rangers have been up the park twice 

the finishing has been shambolic.

Rangers keeper done well 

Just now, KingKirk said:

No anti woman team at all but the standard is horrific. These girls are getting paid to play football. I expected more I said the same when I went to see them last week. 

They hammer most teams domestically. Champions League was always going to be a step up and it didnt help we drew Benfica who were one of the strongest teams we could have got

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I thought they looked better last week and in fact thought the standard was higher than it had been when I previously saw them. I put it down to them raising their game due to standard of opposition. Benfica appear to have stepped up a level tonight. 

I accept your point that the gap between the women's game and the men's game is massive but to be fair to these ladies they are still some of the best the women's game has to offer. 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

To be fair the men's team only have a head start of 172 years, so I think it's a bit harsh to compare them. 

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I thought they looked better last week and in fact thought the standard was higher than it had been when I previously saw them. I put it down to them raising their game due to standard of opposition. Benfica appear to have stepped up a level tonight. 

I accept your point that the gap between the women's game and the men's game is massive but to be fair to these ladies they are still some of the best the women's game has to offer. 

The games still growing obviously but if this is the standard in 3-5 years. I'd genuinely consider is it worth having a professional team it can't be cheap. Although I do understand it is giving girls the chance to dream of playing for Rangers difficult one. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The games still growing obviously but if this is the standard in 3-5 years. I'd genuinely consider is it worth having a professional team it can't be cheap. Although I do understand it is giving girls the chance to dream of playing for Rangers difficult one. 

Five years ago we had girls paying to play for the Club, wearing hand me down kit.

This is literally the first time we've got to the Champions League, the glass ceiling for a strong Women's Rangers side is definitely higher than a Men's team.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Why should we have sat back and let Glasgow City, Hibs and an emerging celtic waltz to titles/cups?. Having a womens team fully professional and giving young girls a visual dream of playing for Rangers is TOTALLY the right thing to do. Any silverware for Rangers is the right thing to do, whether that's the mens first team, the B team, youths or womens