Rangers Women

Clemdog

Maybe unpopular opinion here, but if you're spending your money standing or sitting in the pishing rain following the B Team or women's team, then I think it's entirely fair that you get MrGers points and rewarded for your loyalty to the club.

I can't commit due to timings for a lot of home men's game, but know that almost all sundays at 4pm, I should be free, so that's £90 to the club for a ticket for me and my daughter that would not normally going to the club. 

The whole point of MyGers is the  holistic approach to supporting the full club in all it's guises. In Germany, the clubs have multiple branches such as pro basketball teams, chess teams, women's teams etc. etc, so why shouldn't someone be rewarded for supporting the club? 

6 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

Maybe unpopular opinion here, but if you're spending your money standing or sitting in the pishing rain following the B Team or women's team, then I think it's entirely fair that you get MrGers points and rewarded for your loyalty to the club.

I can't commit due to timings for a lot of home men's game, but know that almost all sundays at 4pm, I should be free, so that's £90 to the club for a ticket for me and my daughter that would not normally going to the club. 

The whole point of MyGers is the  holistic approach to supporting the full club in all it's guises. In Germany, the clubs have multiple branches such as pro basketball teams, chess teams, women's teams etc. etc, so why shouldn't someone be rewarded for supporting the club? 

Because the only real MyGers rewards are tickets for first team games. You will get people buying this that will never attend a women's team game in their life and they will get better chances of first team rewards than someone who can't afford an extra £75.

As for making it a holistic approach, what happens if women's football takes off massively in Scotland over the next couple of years and there is a Cup final that is oversubscribed and they allocate it top down by MyGers, or they start allocating Celtic away games by MyGers points. By the sounds of it you will miss out to people with higher points even though you go every week to watch the women and they don't. I don't know how many ST's are available for Broadwood but a couple of hundred people may miss out for a ticket one day because they have to reserve some ST space for people that may never turn up ever.

I don't have any issue with allocating MyGers points for people who don't have a first team ST, or by way of a separate MyGers points tally for women's games - but not in the way they have done it like this.

20 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

You should be rewarded in terms of getting tickets for women’s away games or b team away games then, it shouldn’t come into the actual teams games

1 hour ago, lau03143 said:

Points should only apply if you attend the game in this case because the vast majority of people who buy one of these season tickets won't be doing it out of loyalty or because they want to support the womens/b team.

Even that I wouldn't support tbh.

And the whole point of MyGers is it's easy money, nothing to do with rewarding the support.

Personally I'm disappointed the womens games are moving to Broadwood. I understand it for champions league/old firm/Glasgow City games, but for all the other fixtures Auchenhowie was nowhere near a sell out. Pretty sure Broadwood is an artificial pitch and we will be paying them to host games. Seems a shame to have built that wee stand and have neither the B or womens teams playing there 

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Personally I'm disappointed the womens games are moving to Broadwood. I understand it for champions league/old firm/Glasgow City games, but for all the other fixtures Auchenhowie was nowhere near a sell out. Pretty sure Broadwood is an artificial pitch and we will be paying them to host games. Seems a shame to have built that wee stand and have neither the B or womens teams playing there 

• Broadwood is more accessible.
  • Auchenhowie is a training ground and not a licensed club ground. It isn't really spectator friendly. If we want women's football to grow then we should expect grounds to be of the same minimum standards as mens in the top women's league.
  • If we are wanting to promote and grow attendances then Auchenhowie is too small a capacity.
  • Every other club in the league play on an artificial pitch. It will likely reduce injuries playing on it every week rather than changing from changing surfaces week to week.
  • The stand at Auchenhowie was always a waste of money. People knew better though...

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:
  • Broadwood is more accessible.
  • Auchenhowie is a training ground and not a licensed club ground. It isn't really spectator friendly. If we want women's football to grow then we should expect grounds to be of the same minimum standards as mens in the top women's league.
  • If we are wanting to promote and grow attendances then Auchenhowie is too small a capacity.
  • Every other club in the league play on an artificial pitch, apart from maybe Dundee Utd if they end up using Lochee United's ground. It will likely reduce injuries playing on it every week rather than changing from changing surfaces week to week.
  • The stand at Auchenhowie was always a waste of money. People knew better though...

From a selfish point of view, it's easier for me to get to Auchenhowie. I just find games will be like echo chambers there. I guess outwith the big games we would be looking at circa 300 attendances. Auchenhowie had its faults but for the size of the womens game in Scotland currently (again outwith the bugger games) it was a good wee ground in an atmosphere sense 

1 minute ago, Madina said:

From a selfish point of view, it's easier for me to get to Auchenhowie. I just find games will be like echo chambers there. I guess outwith the big games we would be looking at circa 300 attendances. Auchenhowie had its faults but for the size of the womens game in Scotland currently (again outwith the bugger games) it was a good wee ground in an atmosphere sense 

A family of four could turn up at Auchenhowie though, have to park their car miles away, get there and not get a seat in the stand and have to stand with a rubbish view where you could get drenched. Then there's the queue for the van to get any food or drink. If that is your first experience you aren't going to go back.

29 minutes ago, Madina said:

Defo email the club, they might take your issues on board and take the games back to auchenhowie 

On 03/08/2022 at 14:36, Madina said:

i was at the b team game last sat at broadwood easy to get there plenty car parking  good seating for a old guy like me pies were excellent  the playing surface though astro was far better than the game i had just watched a   t livvi    though there was not a big crowd the atmosphere was fine especially when we scored 6 goals

Thought Doc would have been captain. She did well when wearing it when Westrup was out injured. 

That's 6 new signings now. Cant confess to know that much about a few of them but its bodies in and that's what we were lacking in pre season. 

18 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

How did Martinez do a few years back? Can’t say I remember her but I’ve only started watching more games in the last Season or so. 

Decent enough. French U-19 international, doesn't have the presence Westrup had, but she's young and will hopefully have improved since she left.

21 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

It's a decent summary of Glasgow Women too.

Lost a lot of their regular starters.

Imagine having the arrogance to think you know more than a guy who watches the team every week just because you used to perv over Sonia O’Neill :lol: