Our most important run of games for years.

Graham

7 hours ago, Graham said:

Starting tonight, we have run of 8 - many tricky- straight premier league games in 35 days, before we break for the Scottish Cup - and I'll be on edge for all 35 of them because how we do will be instrumental in the destination of the title. 3 huge games building up to the 2nd of January and if we can win these 4, we will be in a fantastic position to solidify our position over the month of January and potentially have 1 foot over the line. I am, like many, treating these as one game and one cup final at a time, but still have my mind of how important these games will be.

St Johnstone Away - 23/12

Hibs Home - 26/12

St Mirren Away - 30/12

celtic Home - 2/1

Aberdeen Away - 10/1

Motherwell Away - 17/1

Ross County Home - 23/1

Hibs Away - 27/1

I can't think of a period of games any more important than this in my time (conclusion to the UC final season being the next and too young for the hunt for 10)

Huge 5 weeks - And I believe we will do it.

Let's go, lets do them all.

SG 2020/2021. 

The Immortals.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

That January schedule is very tough by the random computer fixture list.

Amazing that we get our toughest run of fixtures in the month we've struggled every season since Gerrard came in. Have a wee feeling we'll be fine this year though.

Well, so far so good.

The next 3 game are absolutely massive. 

I think we will win all 3, and if we do we what a chance we will give ourselves. Ironically the defeat to St Mirren should hopefully make us more likely to beat them. Being at home to the tarriers gives us an additional advantage and obviously no Aberdeen fans is to our benefit as well. Also, after the Aberdeen away game, our run is pretty generous (Hibs away apart) IMO. I would go as far as saying we have a better run to the split than the tarriers.

The next game is always the biggest. St Mirren game is massive. They are on a great run and it won't be easy. Every game from hereon in will be tough. Just can't for every game though. Wednesday seems so far away!

image.png.1778d1dace741279a39080ca49da058b.png   image.png.8a8f90941eedbd6113a923f83156258c.png

48 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Well, so far so good.

The next 3 game are absolutely massive. 

I think we will win all 3, and if we do we what a chance we will give ourselves. Ironically the defeat to St Mirren should hopefully make us more likely to beat them. Being at home to the tarriers gives us an additional advantage and obviously no Aberdeen fans is to our benefit as well. Also, after the Aberdeen away game, our run is pretty generous (Hibs away apart) IMO. I would go as far as saying we have a better run to the split than the tarriers.

The next game is always the biggest. St Mirren game is massive. They are on a great run and it won't be easy. Every game from hereon in will be tough. Just can't for every game though. Wednesday seems so far away!

image.png.1778d1dace741279a39080ca49da058b.png   image.png.8a8f90941eedbd6113a923f83156258c.png

Honestly it looks like we are so near the finishing line looking at that set of fixtures but the reality couldnt be further away. 

Our form has been amazing, from absolutely romps to grinding out gritty 1 goal wins we're looking solid.

That st mirren defeat may have been a blessing in disguise to remind the boys how easy a game can be lost and they need to be switched on fully. Same time it's important to go to st mirren and give them a good beating as payback.

and then the Old firm is the old firm, no way of predicting it as they are wild games. Celtic does seem to be finding their feet with their current set up so that cant be ignored. They are frail at the back though but the midfield battle will be an absolute war and whatever team wins that, wins the game easily imo.

That January couldnt be bigger but as ive said before, beat st mirren and celtic means we get 1 hand on the cup. Navigate January without a loss/dropped points, the cup is ours to lose! 

If we pull 55 off this year, I'll honestly cry with utter joy. Seeing Tav lift that title, but long way to go before anything like that is set in stone

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Another massive win. We go again on Saturday. Massive game.

Couldnt have asked for anymore in the first 3. 3 games we've had difficulty with in the past, 3 wins. Now the big one.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Couldnt have asked for anymore in the first 3. 3 games we've had difficulty with in the past, 3 wins. Now the big one.

I'm trying so hard to not get carried away however I've never been scared in any of the most recent old firm games. I've always been more wary of dropping points to the lesser teams. I feel we have their number.

Of course, we need to remain calm (easier said than done) but we are in an incredible position. 4 wins on the bounce after the cup exit. 13 league wins in a row.

Can't wait for Saturday now. A win for us would be monumental. 

Massive win. 10 clear (almost 11 if you include 22 goals better off). 5 wins in a row since losing to St Mirren. 14 league wins in a row. 

As each game passes, our fixture list (on paper) continues to ease.

If we beat Aberdeen and Hibs away it's done IMO. Our unbelievable start has also given us an incredible cushion though.

This is our destiny. Exciting eh?

image.png.aef0ad3ae219bf7c12d8ce190d5afca3.png

37 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Massive win. 10 clear (almost 11 if you include 22 goals better off). 5 wins in a row since losing to St Mirren. 14 league wins in a row. 

As each game passes, our fixture list (on paper) continues to ease.

If we beat Aberdeen and Hibs away it's done IMO. Our unbelievable start has also given us an incredible cushion though.

This is our destiny. Exciting eh?

image.png.aef0ad3ae219bf7c12d8ce190d5afca3.png

Hibs are collapsing. 

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hibs and Motherwell collapsed today. Sheep struggling and Dundee.

Looking good.

Looks good but lets be honest, sheep and hivs could be bottom of the table and have the game of their lives against us.

Expect nothing but their best version when they play us - but we'll be prepared for it.

Long time to the hibs game yet, hopefully get a reaction from them for that loss, against the scum.

4 games until the end of the month is a welcome break from the relentless games, as I think it was starting to show. Also well timed with Jack and Arfield missing and a chance to get them back and up to speed in training. 

Looking back we've had 13 games in a row since the international break in November that have been weekend/midweek and we've coped exceptionally well.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Down to 4 now . 

Aberdeen is big now . A must win game , if only to dississipate any lingering hopes that they may have after today.  

and a statement of intent that we won't go off the boil like last season.

Archived