Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It may trigger a move now to bring in another midfielder for the rest of the season. 

That will be a season ender for him  Gutted as he was proving to be a key player for us 

I agree. But we need more homegrown players for our European squad as we’re pretty restricted due to the lack of them as it stands. Of course, need to contribute rather than just take up a squad place

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Had heard we’re interesting. If that is the case it’ll be the same as Jack, wont be announced until end of season 

Have you heard anything about us being after Allan Campbell? There seems to be a few posters who have heard that we’ve had him watched now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

You’d think we’d learn after signing Jones Barker and Stewart in the one window 

We are going to need players for the homegrown quota in Europe though (that’s probably the only reason Greg Stewart is still at the club tbh) and sadly the reality of the country we play in means that those players probably aren’t going to be players who come in and command a first team slot every season.

Mojo84 and 6superbarry6 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I stumbled upon it by accident a couple of days ago. I’ve downloaded all five episodes to listen to.The most I tend to see if players is when they are playing us so it’s good to hear a broader opinion of players playing in the league from people who watch a lot more of them than I do.
 

Also, yeah I don’t buy into the whole second assist talk. You either assist a goal or you don’t.:lol:

 

I always come back to Arfield’s goal against the scum at Ibrox.

Kamara plays the pass, Defoe dummies it (taking out a couple of defenders), ball runs through to Arfield, one touch then sticks it away.

Last touch before the shot was Arfield himself so is that the “assist”?

Or is it the dummy, without which there’s no goal, or is it Kamara’s pass to Defoe which was never completed because Defoe never touched it?

Most pertinent question is : who fucking cares?

Find this stat culture utterly pointless and a bit sad - more girlfriends, less number crunching is the way to go.

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

You’d think we’d learn after signing Jones Barker and Stewart in the one window 

A strange market buying from other spl clubs for every Kamara and Jack you’ll get plenty of Shite like Jones barker and Stewart. Always a gamble. 

6superbarry6 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Find this stat culture utterly pointless and a bit sad - more girlfriends, less number crunching is the way to go.

You can just imagine them in the dancing eyeing up the women but never making a move because they are too busy trying to work out what their statistical chances of getting their hole are can’t you? :lol:

 

Colin Traive likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We are going to need players for the homegrown quota in Europe though (that’s probably the only reason Greg Stewart is still at the club tbh) and sadly the reality of the country we play in means that those players probably aren’t going to be players who come in and command a first team slot every season.

Surely we’d be better having some of our academy players like Kelly Kennedy and King to fill out our squad than sign sub standard players 

falkirkNS likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

A strange market buying from other spl clubs for every Kamara and Jack you’ll get plenty of Shite like Jones barker and Stewart. Always a gamble. 

Thing is Jones Barker and Stewart always looked like horrendous signings and plenty on here said so at the time, Kamara always looked a standout and Jack was Aberdeen captain and has improved but I don’t see much else worth taking in the SPFL, I’d maybe take a punt on Lewis Ferguson but not at the money Aberdeen would be after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We are going to need players for the homegrown quota in Europe though (that’s probably the only reason Greg Stewart is still at the club tbh) and sadly the reality of the country we play in means that those players probably aren’t going to be players who come in and command a first team slot every season.

It’s a ridiculous rule for Euro squads tbh, we’d be aswell signing foreign u21 players that don’t need to be registered than the majority of the SPFL shite 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

I agree. But we need more homegrown players for our European squad as we’re pretty restricted due to the lack of them as it stands. Of course, need to contribute rather than just take up a squad place but would expect our recruitment over the next 12-18 months to include a handful of Scottish players, plus some of the academy boys stepping up (Patterson, Kelly, McCrorie & Kennedy)

Seems mental to let Ross McCrorie go given these homegrown rules, I don’t see many better young Scottish players that we can replace his place in the squad with, hopefully we can start bringing boys through to at least be squad players for us, the prices for young Scottish players will be bumped up as well now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We are going to need players for the homegrown quota in Europe though (that’s probably the only reason Greg Stewart is still at the club tbh) and sadly the reality of the country we play in means that those players probably aren’t going to be players who come in and command a first team slot every season.

I’d suggest it’d be better to utilise a low earning youth player to make up numbers than paying SPL dross Thousands to do it.

6superbarry6 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s a ridiculous rule for Euro squads tbh, we’d be aswell signing foreign u21 players that don’t need to be registered than the majority of the SPFL shite 

It shouldn’t be a one rule fits all approach.

Scotland has a population of 5 million and Germany has a population of 83 million and yet both Scottish and Spanish clubs are expected to produce/have the same number of homegrown players in their squad?

It should be on a “pro rata” basis.

Polo and 6superbarry6 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It shouldn’t be a one rule fits all approach.

Scotland has a population of 5 million and Spain has a population of 83 million and yet both Scottish and Spanish clubs are expected to produce/have the same number of homegrown players in their squad?

It should be on a “pro rata” basis.

You've nearly doubled Spain's population there :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DBBTB said:

It shouldn’t be a one rule fits all approach.

Scotland has a population of 5 million and Spain has a population of 83 million and yet both Scottish and Spanish clubs are expected to produce/have the same number of homegrown players in their squad?

It should be on a “pro rata” basis.

It’s definitely a rule that needs looked at, there just isn’t enough Scottish talent for that rule to be feasible in Scotland, it also has a knock on effect if us and the tarriers start hoovering up the best Scottish talent then other sides are going to get weaker and again lowering the standard of the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's a midfielder in the mould of Arfield then surely Lewis Ferguson is a good fit if we're talking SPFL players? Can get himself in the box for goal scoring opportunities, can pick out a pass around the box and works his arse off.

His game is nowhere near as crafted as Arfield but he is 10 years younger. He is also dangerous from corners which is useful when we have Tav and Barisic whipping them in, he can hit a free kick and is useful from the penalty spot. I'd also assume that "he gets it".

On the face of it he would cost a bit but due to Aberdeen's covid finances along with a couple of players we could dangle the carrot with (Stewart, Jones) why not try and do something just now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Alongside Jack and Kamara.

Cool.

Or Jake Hastie, Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, Barker or Lafferty.

Kamara had a pedigree coming through at Arsenal and being a Finnish international.

Scott Wright has 54 appearances for Aberdeen since 2014 ffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

If it's a midfielder in the mould of Arfield then surely Lewis Ferguson is a good fit if we're talking SPFL players? Can get himself in the box for goal scoring opportunities, can pick out a pass around the box and works his arse off.

His game is nowhere near as crafted as Arfield but he is 10 years younger. He is also dangerous from corners which is useful when we have Tav and Barisic whipping them in, he can hit a free kick and is useful from the penalty spot. I'd also assume that "he gets it".

On the face of it he would cost a bit but due to Aberdeen's covid finances along with a couple of players we could dangle the carrot with (Stewart, Jones) why not try and do something just now?

Sheep probably be looking for about 5m 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Sheep probably be looking for about 5m 

I dont think they're in much of a position to be holding out for a huge upfront fee. Didn't they have to get a lot less than what they wanted for McKenna a couple of years ago?

It obviously has to be the right deal but there is no way we'd pay that much up front for him. However, we should be asking the question unless Wilson and Gerrard find someone elsewhere who has similar qualities. For me Ferguson fits the Arfield mould, perhaps not as well rounded but Arfield has the experience.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found

×
×
  • Create New...