Arfield

2 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

Arfield?

Great player this season. Deserves celebrating the 55.

Should be looking to upgrade next. 

Yep.

(I DONT SEE IT HAPPENING BUT) If Shagger and Davis were to retire and Arfield left after winning 55 (no more fucking talk of 10IAR please) you couldn't blame them and it would be a great way to leave.

McCrorie, Patterson, Jack and a couple of our other current youth player being here in 2031 lifting our 65th trophy would be immense :D 

Oh and SG still here as manager.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Yep.

(I DONT SEE IT HAPPENING BUT) If Shagger and Davis were to retire and Arfield left after winning 55 (no more fucking talk of 10IAR please) you couldn't blame them and it would be a great way to leave.

McCrorie, Patterson, Jack and a couple of our other current youth player being here in 2031 lifting our 65th trophy would be immense :D 

Think it would be really bad if both McGregor and Davis retire. I'm not really for extending Defoe's contract but experience could be crucial.

We have a hole in the accounts we need to plug. If we win the league and again get into last 16 in the Europa we will do well to hold onto all of Tav, Barisic, Goldson and Kamara. We know the club will sell Alfie at the right price. Add to that Jack's knee is not in great shape and I don't think he will play much for us going forward. Arfield and Katic may have fitness concerns, and Roofe has already had three injuries this season.

We could be in for a massive rebuild in the summer at the same time we have a shot at the Champions League. Not ideal.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Think it would be really bad if both McGregor and Davis retire. I'm not really for extending Defoe's contract but experience could be crucial.

We have a hole in the accounts we need to plug. If we win the league and again get into last 16 in the Europa we will do well to hold onto all of Tav, Barisic, Goldson and Kamara. We know the club will sell Alfie at the right price. Add to that Jack's knee is not in great shape and I don't think he will play much for us going forward. Arfield and Katic may have fitness concerns, and Roofe has already had three injuries this season.

We could be in for a massive rebuild in the summer at the same time we have a shot at the Champions League. Not ideal.

Think if we won the title Defoe would happily retire

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That's what I'd be worried about with McGregor and Davis too. Wouldn't mind them retiring if we knew we could hold on to our other key players but I think it will be difficult. 

Think if McGregor can keep his shape and fitness he’ll maybe do one more, Davis maybe but I just think differently about Defoe. Ending his career with a major trophy and bringing a club back to where it should be would be some way to go (I know the same can be said for the other 2 but they’ve been here before trophywise)

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I made this same point a couple of weeks back. Everybody is talking about celtic needing to rebuild but I think there’s a chance we are going to need a bit of a rebuild come the Summer.

I think two from Morelos, Barisic & Kamara will go to fund it but with Goldson & Tav’s contract situations, we might try to cash in on them too. 

I think we need to get two, maybe even three, done on pre contracts before the end of the season.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I made this same point a couple of weeks back. Everybody is talking about celtic needing to rebuild but I think there’s a chance we are going to need a bit of a rebuild come the Summer.

Even if we manage to keep them all, it's keeping them happy and motivated if two or three key players wanted a move and didn't get one as well.

There will be a few additions come summer, always is and always should be. The good thing is (i dont have any doubt) that there will be names on a list that we want, its just a case of when we NEED them through the door as has been done the last couple of seasons. Kamara is the biggest example had we waited till summer to sign him, would he be the player he is now? (I wasn't his biggest fan even at the start of this season)

Defoe came in as an experienced striker and his main asset was his experience any games and goals he scored was a bonus. Same with Davis to a certain degree. I don't want Shagger to retire but there will come a time where he stops McCrorie getting a game (perhaps as early as next year as the cup GK IF McLoughlin takes over as No.1) 

Come summer i expect Morelos to go (we want rid i think), Barasic and Kent will gor for £15m each and i think we will be lucky to keep Kamara. Tav will stay without a doubt.

I recon there will have been a few bought in just to stop them winning the league (last year) this year with the expectation of a big move on providing the job was done. If that was the case you can't blame the players for wanting what was offered. Our biggest problem for holding onto players this year is the lack of fans. You see forgien players from donkeys ago that still follow us like fuck and love us (as they rightly should) and these guys are missing out on that love big time.

7 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Yep.

Jack won't still be playing in 2031, he's already fucked with injuries.

Archived