150 games in, who is Steven Gerrard's best signing?

Graham

Steven Gerrard's best signing  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Steven Gerrard's best signing

• Borna Barisic
    • Connor Goldson
    • Ryan Kent
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Jermain Defoe
    • Filip Helander
    • Leon Balogun
    • Joe Aribo
    • Steven Davis
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Glen Kamara

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I went for Glen Kamara based on value per £

At 50K it's tremendous value but it was either that or we had him for free 6 months later. It was purely a token gesture although we still absolutely robbed Dundee. 10x that amount would have been fair even with 6 months on hisc ontract still to go.

I'll put my tin hat on here but I still think he needs to do more in games. On the ball his quality is unreal and he works well enough off it but his shooting is absolutely shocking and he rarely tries the difficult pass the same as Davis does even though he gets slated when they don't come off. Kamara has so much potential and I really wish he grows in to it, preferably with us obviously.

To me Connor Goldson is the bedrock of the team. Always there whilst others are rotated, and seems to be the leader of the back line. 

For me, as our foundation stone, he's been the most important.

15 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

At 50K it's tremendous value but it was either that or we had him for free 6 months later. It was purely a token gesture although we still absolutely robbed Dundee. 10x that amount would have been fair even with 6 months on hisc ontract still to go.

I'll put my tin hat on here but I still think he needs to do more in games. On the ball his quality is unreal and he works well enough off it but his shooting is absolutely shocking and he rarely tries the difficult pass the same as Davis does even though he gets slated when they don't come off. Kamara has so much potential and I really wish he grows in to it, preferably with us obviously.

He is very shot shy but I think there was one last week which he put over the stand and thought maybe that’s why he doesn’t shoot 😂😂

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

He is very shot shy but I think there was one last week which he put over the stand and thought maybe that’s why he doesn’t shoot 😂😂

Aye I remember it. It isn't good enough. I'm not the best at football but I can definitely get a decent shot on target from the edge of the box so at that level it's unacceptable.

He's technically brilliant so should work a bit on shooting from range. He's more than capable.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye I remember it. It isn't good enough. I'm not the best at football but I can definitely get a decent shot on target from the edge of the box so at that level it's unacceptabe.

He's technically brilliant so should work a bit on shooting from range. He's more than capable.

I can’t argue with that lol

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

To me Connor Goldson is the bedrock of the team. Always there whilst others are rotated, and seems to be the leader of the back line. 

For me, as our foundation stone, he's been the most important.

At one point he was always due a calamity and usually when he loses his concentration but he seems more focussed which is probably the coaching from SG and others.

Archived