Arfield

ShaneRalfRoss

On 11/02/2021 at 16:44, bluenoz said:

Scotty Arfield is quietly becoming a club legend. Not the most gifted player but his love for the club carries a lot of weight to the status.

If Gazza only played in that one game against the sheep where he scored a hat trick to win us 8 in a row, that alone would have made him a club legend. He almost single handedly won us that game and was blowing out his arse by the 65 minute.

Fucking hero. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arfield is a cracking wee player who is pretty unique (in our squad) for his style of getting beyond the striker and finishing off some nice goals. He has a terrific will to win and shows great desire and isn't scared to get stuck in to the dirty work aswell. 

I've been critical of him in the past at times when he badly faded but in hindsight I think it was more to do with his travelling for internationals rather than his ability.

It was great to see Arfield back out the there today. He is a great character and brings us a different attacking option.

But my point is that I think people may be glorifying him a little bit too much since his absence. He is in my top three favourite players (Morelos, Jack & Arfield) but let's keep a level-head when talking about his abilities. A very good player but not the star of the team by any stretch.

Was thinking yesterday, about ryan jacks drive, his liking of going forward etc, wonder if jack can be converted to be arfields replacement, jack has shown he can score, can link up with strikers etc

Arfield cant have many years left in his current setup, and we miss his type of player badly

Archived