Gerrard? Winning it here or.what he's done with Liverpool?

RFC55

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, 4PointsUntil55 said:

Whats the bigger achievement and what will give him the biggest hero status?

For me.winning 55 and the way he will be regarded up here will be bigger than anything he will ever achieve.

Anyone else agree?

I can't see what he can.do.with Liverpool thats bigger after klopp winning the league.

Imo 

He was asked the question on the Robbie Fowler podcast as in how would he rate winning the league with Rangers as a manager, he claimed it would be on a par with that night in Istanbul.....now Gerrard is Liverpool through and through and I would arguably accept that he would shade the champions league win with his boyhood heroes.....take that in contrast to whe Barry claimed that winning the league Cup in England was his greatest achievement in football.....fucking boak inducing material 

1 hour ago, 4PointsUntil55 said:

Whats the bigger achievement and what will give him the biggest hero status?

For me.winning 55 and the way he will be regarded up here will be bigger than anything he will ever achieve.

Anyone else agree?

I can't see what he can.do.with Liverpool thats bigger after klopp winning the league.

Imo 

Depends on the viewpoint ,For us it’s 55 no contest .For him and others outside it could be just another part of a wonderful career in football .Although it be in the top 3 highlights .

49 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

He was asked the question on the Robbie Fowler podcast as in how would he rate winning the league with Rangers as a manager, he claimed it would be on a par with that night in Istanbul.....now Gerrard is Liverpool through and through and I would arguably accept that he would shade the champions league win with his boyhood heroes.....take that in contrast to whe Barry claimed that winning the league Cup in England was his greatest achievement in football.....fucking boak inducing material 

That night was one of my most memorable nights watching football as a neutral .

My daughter was only a baby and I had a free night ,All I had to do was bath her ,feed her and get her to bed ,While feeding her in the first half Milan went 3 nil up ,Thought to myself well that’s that fucked .

The first half hour of 2nd half was unbelievable and SG was up there with any performance Iv seen at that level .Only beaten by Maradona 86 

So for SG to speak of this season as on a par is something special .

What Gerrard has done with us this season has been incredible, and because we are Rangers supporters it’s going to mean even more to us that it does to an outsider, but personally I don’t think anything Gerrard does will ever top Istanbul tbh. Dragging your team back from a first half hammering (shout out to Didi Hamann who’s role in that final is under rated) to win the European Cup in that manner is full on school boy playground fantasy type stuff, especially when it’s with a club you are so strongly linked with.

Switch the roles around slightly and imagine yourself doing what Gerrard did in Istanbul for Rangers and think how it would make you feel and then compare that to how you would feel if you were also put in the position of manager of Liverpool and you win then the league for the first time in 10 years. I know it’s not as simple as that because of everything we have been through, but everybody on here would pick the first option as their biggest high, and I suspect Gerrard would too.

Either way he’s going to be considered an icon by supporters of two institutions in British Football and there’s not many people can say that.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What Gerrard has done with us this season has been incredible, and because we are Rangers supporters it’s going to mean even more to us that it does to an outsider, but personally I don’t think anything Gerrard does will ever top Istanbul tbh. Dragging your team back from a first half hammering (shout out to Didi Hamann who’s role in that final is under rated) to win the European Cup in that manner is full on school boy playground fantasy type stuff, especially when it’s with a club you are so strongly linked with.

Switch the roles around slightly and imagine yourself doing what Gerrard did in Istanbul for Rangers and think how it would make you feel and then compare that to how you would feel if you were also put in the position of manager of Liverpool and you win then the league for the first time in 10 years. I know it’s not as simple as that because of everything we have been through, but everybody on here would pick the first option as their biggest high, and I suspect Gerrard would too.

Either way he’s going to be considered an icon by supporters of two institutions in British Football and there’s not many people can say that.

To do both is incredible 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I watched a Liverpool youtube channel interview with Gerrard fairly recently. He was asked where winning the league with Rangers would sit in his whole career, and he said it's definitely up there with Istanbul 05. 

But this isnt just winning the 55th league title - it's stopping the tainted 10 and also our first since we got relegated down the leagues. Glasgow is going to explode soon and he'll realise just how big this is. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I can see why you rate Istanbul so high .The difference is ,Istanbul was 45 mins ,ET and then penalties .

This has been a full season and maybe seen by some as a 3 year journey .Building a team almost from scratch .

Both fantastic achievements.It doesn’t get bigger than winning CL as a footballer these days .But winning a league with a team you have built from almost scratch .with a club with a standing as big as ours must be right up there for a first time manger .

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

spacer.png

Souness and SG have 2 things in common for me that are hugely significant.

Before they came to us I was never a huge huge fan of theirs ,But had massive respect for them for the way they played ,Struggling to think of any others I had the same thoughts about .

Absolute legends in my eyes now ,Both of them .

10 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I watched a Liverpool youtube channel interview with Gerrard fairly recently. He was asked where winning the league with Rangers would sit in his whole career, and he said it's definitely up there with Istanbul 05. 

But this isnt just winning the 55th league title - it's stopping the tainted 10 and also our first since we got relegated down the leagues. Glasgow is going to explode soon and he'll realise just how big this is. 

The 10 means fuck all 

Archived