The Road to Redemption

hammer93

After 9 long ardous years we are about to embark on our crowning glory in the coming days/ weeks

We have suffered more than any other support in the last 9 years with false dawn after false dawn

The club was being run shambolicly by crooks and at times we must have wondered if there ever was ever going to be light at the end of the tunnel 

Once the boardroom struggle was sorted it was all about restoring the team to its former glories, we had MW who frankly served his purpose....he got us back into the premiership but was ultimately found out against Rogers filth side....again it was back to square one where we made more bad choices on the recruitment front with Pedro and his dross signings (Alfie & Jack excluded).....again it was to be ripped up and ultimately had to be a fresh start!!!

When Gerrard came in he split opinion.....many seen it as a bold move but many seen it as a massive gamble with the vermin sitting on 7iar...

Gerrards reign got underway and new players came in and excitement overtook as we started to look on the right track with some decent performances at home and abroad.....now it wasn't plain sailing as we suffered many a bump on the road and some teams proving hard to get results against (sheep, killie & hibs) all this put a dampner on Gerrards first campaign as the sheep themselves fucked us over all too easily 

The 2nd campaign was followed with more excitement....more new recruits had us all believing we would stop the nine.....again we excelled in Europe and at the turn of the year we looked all set to end their dominance......what followed had us all scratching our heads....many in here fell out over whether Gerrards reign should be over or do we appreciate the progress he had clearly made?

Trophies in the cabinet is ultimately what any Rangers manager will be judged on and to this present moment it still remains empty.....after the defeat to Hearts in the Scottish Cup I would have doubted too many would have shed tears had he quit?

Thankfully Gerrard stuck it out (covid perhaps making his mind up) and the board stood strong and backed him again this summer.....I shudder to think where we would have ended up had Gerrard went and a lot of the players would have ultimately followed.....we stood firm and are about to complete the journey whilst across the city they are the ones that need to rebuild happy days indeed as the journey is almost complete :stevieg:

At the start of our problems I was so upset I couldn't even talk about it as my club, my late father's club and my son's club almost went out of business altogether.  But as a support we rallied round, we filled every ground to which we were sent and suffered many setbacks on our journey. We now sit on the edge of glory once more and I'll admit I will probably be overcome with emotion when we are finally confirmed as champions.  We as a support deserve this for all the sh1t we've endured so enjoy it all when we're over the line.

WATP NS GSTQ #55 #THEUNTOUCHABLES 

42 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Great post lad, it’s certainly a journey, one I’d never want to repeat but by Christ we’re so much better, wiser and together for it!!

WATP Let’s get this over the line and have a party!!!

Sunday can’t come quick enough for me .😀

Never again can The Rangers support be questioned on how far are you willing to Follow Follow your team, we turned up in our thousands to watch us play against Queens Park, Stirling Albion, Stenhousemuir and the like, mocked if we celebrated victories, laughed at if we drew or lost all the while trying desperately to sugarcoat our medicine and talk up players that quite frankly (had we not been where we were) would have never been signed. I am going to burst with mixed emotions when we get this over the line, an absolutely unimaginable journey that has tested us all to the limit but boy we are just about to have the most fantastical recovery since the big man at Easter

Glasgow Rangers Supporters Take A Bow :bow:

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

In near 20 years clean and sober, i'll never be as close to taking a massive line of coke and getting a huge carry out as when we lift that trophy :smokingcowboy:

Fuck sake bud, good on you for the 20 year clean and all that, coke is not the same when you are 40 plus like myself lol believe me, I'm sure my hangovers get worse by the year too haha, IL be raising a glass for #55 no sure what will be in it though😂

The last 9 years have been the darkest times ever for our support.

We were hurt, laughed at and had to endure so much. Yet there we were backing our team to the hilt. 

In Gerrard we have a new legendary manager. The man will be remembered for years to come as the manager that took us back to the top. It's taken time but this sqaud will be up there with our best.

We've completely dominated this league in a way you would have to go back a long time to find. 

Fuck them all, every last one of them.

I live in OZ and haven't made the sacrifices that most have, its humbling watching fans travel the length and breadth with one thing in mind.

We are the people, we are the most loyal fan base in world football, we are second to none.

Rangers supporters world wide owe those who trekked Scotland in our hour of need, who put out cash, who put club before all else.

Thank you all.

WATP.

It has been the biggest test we have ever had to come through and we have passed with flying colours.  Many so called big clubs would never have recovered from what we have especially with what we are up against in Scotland with everyone else willing us to fail.  Well we have shown them all what we are made of, we stuck by the team in the darkest days and never gave up even when it seemed hopeless and we are almost at the end of an incredible journey and the prize will be the sweetest victory I have ever experienced as a Rangers fan and that includes 9 in a row.  We are back.

14 hours ago, Siam69 said:

In near 20 years clean and sober, i'll never be as close to taking a massive line of coke and getting a huge carry out as when we lift that trophy :smokingcowboy:

Dae it 

52 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Nothing's won yet.

True but the players celebrated at ft against Livingston like they knew that those 3 points was a huge milestone, and it was.

Tomorrow should be a formality and tbh I also had some lingering doubts just before Livingston but this is a really good strong team and the 3 points on Saturday will be enough to win 55.

They’ll never take maximum points from their remaining games regardless on how many more points we win.

Its over🍾 

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

True but the players celebrated at ft against Livingston like they knew that those 3 points was a huge milestone, and it was.

Tomorrow should be a formality and tbh I also had some lingering doubts just before Livingston but this is a really good strong team and the 3 points on Saturday will be enough to win 55.

They’ll never take maximum points from their remaining games regardless on how many more points we win.

Its over🍾 

Mate, it was more speaking as a matter of fact way than thinking those useless bastards could stop us.

22 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Fuck them all, every last one of them.

I live in OZ and haven't made the sacrifices that most have, its humbling watching fans travel the length and breadth with one thing in mind.

We are the people, we are the most loyal fan base in world football, we are second to none.

Rangers supporters world wide owe those who trekked Scotland in our hour of need, who put out cash, who put club before all else.

Thank you all.

WATP.

From the USA, level of agreement 100%.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

One thing is for certain, they bastards wouldnt have followed their team like we have if the roles were reversed, 

Once we get 55 we should start an internet campaign for uefa to award our fans an award for the journey where we sold out all the clubs we visited around Scotland.

Archived