5 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Mercedes likely to abandon appeal. There is no right of appeal to CAS in F1 so it goes to their own higher ups. Furthermore it has been recognised that an appeal would bring further damage to the sport.

:lol:

Next Season will be interesting. With the soon to be Sir Lewis going for number 8 and Max for number 2. What rule changes will be brought in for next season. Will George Russell be an asset to Mercedes (I hope so as he is a good driver) Who will have the better combination of car and driver. 

Will it be as tense as this season? 

35 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Next Season will be interesting. With the soon to be Sir Lewis going for number 8 and Max for number 2. What rule changes will be brought in for next season. Will George Russell be an asset to Mercedes (I hope so as he is a good driver) Who will have the better combination of car and driver. 

Will it be as tense as this season? 

Funnily enough I think the inner team battle at Mercedes will be more interesting than Lewis and Max. 

No way is Russell going their to be Valteri Bottas. He's going there to win and if he's within arms length with Lewis throughout the season things could get very tasty. Alonso/Hamilton vibes from 2007.

Interesting to see how close Mercedes & Red Bull come back to the other 8 teams with the new regulations!

3 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Mercedes likely to abandon appeal. There is no right of appeal to CAS in F1 so it goes to their own higher ups. Furthermore it has been recognised that an appeal would bring further damage to the sport.

Don’t know if they could damage it more, but that knob Masi has to go. No way he should be in a job after the debacle of this past season.  

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Somewhere behind Carlos Sainz. That's usually how it goes!

I'd have chosen Norris ahead of Russell for the Merc seat but of course Russell may be a different animal with a better car. Maclaren and Williams were showing signs of improvement this year and hope they take it up a notch.

5 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

I'd have chosen Norris ahead of Russell for the Merc seat but of course Russell may be a different animal with a better car. Maclaren and Williams were showing signs of improvement this year and hope they take it up a notch.

Russell did a race in a merc last season and was decent

14 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

I suppose with Russell being the Merc academy driver, his junior record and the job he did at Williams it was always going to happen. In spec machinery he beat Norris to the F2 title by quite a difference.

I do wonder though once Lewis hangs up the helmet will Norris be the next driver Mercedes would like? I reckon a lot depends on what happens at Ferrari for that next Mercedes spot. If Ferrari are happy to continue with Leclerc and Sainz after next year then Mercedes might just make a move for Schumacher. Then I'm sure Gasly would be considered and Ocon because he is close with Mercedes and I'm pretty sure Toto is his manager. 

The thing is with the budget cap and the changing rules there is every chance Ferrari & McLaren can be just as competitive as Mercedes & Red Bull again.

Toto Wolff says he can give no assurances Lewis Hamilton will continue in F1 after Sunday's controversial ending to the title-deciding Abu Dhabi GP.

Mercedes' team principal Wolff says Hamilton and the team have been left "disillusioned" by events of the season finale.

The Austrian "would very much hope Lewis continues racing" but also suggested Hamilton "will never overcome the pain and the distress that was caused on Sunday".

Aww poor wee Lewis, how will he ever survive...

I get why people dislike Horner, but Toto Wolff is a bigger cunt.