1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Disagree completely. Hamilton will dominate and win easily. Even with issues he won today.

Predictable Mercedes double and Hamilton easy title win IMO.

All the hype about the other teams getting closer blown away already. More of the same this year again.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Disagree completely. Hamilton will dominate and win easily. Even with issues he won today.

Predictable Mercedes double and Hamilton easy title win IMO.

I think it will not be as easy as you think. That race was fucking brilliant because of the battles. Max fucked up his overtake and had to give it back. Hamilton then drove beautifully.

First race I've watched in years (renewed interest after watching the Netflix series) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was never really up on the tactical side of it but now find that's one of the most interesting aspects. I did nod off for about 10 laps though at one point, just like the old BBC Grandstand days :lol:

That track was more suited to Mercedes so guess we will see next race if RB have what it takes. I think Perez v Bottas could be interesting too. Good to see McLaren continuing to improve too, hopefully be right up there in next couple of seasons.

Thought Christian Horner messed up letting Hamilton undercut Verstappen with the pit stop strategy - going to be close this year, but expect Mercedes to make adjustments to the car as we go forward, but get the feeling Honda can't do much more with the Red Bull.

Thought yesterday just proved Hamilton is by far and away the most talented driver out there, and without doubt, has the best winning mentality amongst all the top drivers!

• 3 weeks later...

Red bull 2 and 3 with Bottas down in 8th shows how competitive it’s going to be this year. Brilliant lap from Lewis though to take pole. So unlucky Lando aswell getting his lap deleted, such fine margins. 

Really looking forward to the race tomorrow  seeing Lewis fighting it out with both red bulls behind him. 

57 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Just finished watching the highlights there. Conditions made it mental, but Hamilton finishing 2nd after going off and ending up back in 9th just proves how good a driver he is. Some crash between Russell and Bottas! 

He is a jammy cunt, no sooner does he slide off the track with a fucked front wing and the bottas Russell incident happens, affording him limited damage to time and places and pretty much a free pit stop to have the wing replaced. 

You may have guessed I can't stand the prick 

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

He is a jammy cunt, no sooner does he slide off the track with a fucked front wing and the bottas Russell incident happens, affording him limited damage to time and places and pretty much a free pit stop to have the wing replaced. 

He’s not everyone’s cup of team mate, but he is some driver. 

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I can't stand him either, but I begrudgingly can't deny he's a great driver. Although I realise having the fastest car helps. 

Yeah, fair point about the crash being a stroke of luck for him. 

13 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s not everyone’s cup of team mate, but he is some driver. 

He is but his only challenge in the last few years was Rosberg in the same car. Kinda like sellik when we were down, did not respond well to Rosberg's challenge. 

Hamilton is very very good. However no denying he got dealt a hand that no driver in the history of the sport has ever held - Nobody has had 7 straight years in a team that has won 80% of the races. Not even Schumacher/Ferrari came close to that over such a long time frame.

However, regardless of the fortune, Hamilton has had the talent to capitalise on a very good situation - plenty wouldn't have. 

F1 has always been an elitist sport, but it's concerning just how elitist is is becoming. 65% of the current grid were born into families whom are (at least) multi millionaires.