The BBCs Sports Personality of the Year Awards

beararse

Given it’s award season at the mo, it got me wondering, with Gerard’s profile down South and our incredible turnaround in results, if we are in with a chance of winning the BBCs SPOTYs Team of the Year Award and/or Coach of the Year (especially if we finish unbeaten).

If we make the shortlist I reckon we’re in with a strong chance given it’s a public vote 🤣🇬🇧🤣 .... provided England don’t win the fucking Euros.

That would get it right up BBC Scotland.

Going to be a great day on here and am fully expecting more slightly ridiculous posts as the day, the celebrations and the alcohol intake moves on.

Given it's a public vote there's no chance of a Scots, Welsh or Irish team winning it unless they have achieved a huge international success or pick up nationwide emotional votes.

But Gerrard certainly has raised our profile in football and media circles throughout the UK and will continue to do so, at a time our club will be looking to make a bigger mark outside Scottish football, and will certainly get a big mention. 

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Given it's a public vote there's no chance of a Scots, Welsh or Irish team winning it unless they have achieved a huge international success or pick up nationwide emotional votes.

But Gerrard certainly has raised our profile in football and media circles throughout the UK and will continue to do so, at a time our club will be looking to make a bigger mark outside Scottish football, and will certainly get a big mention. 

Be interring you see if we make the shortlist. I can’t see how they can ignore us TBH. Then it would be down to us Gers to vote.

We’d no doubt pick up a lot of Liverpool fans votes too.

was just a thought :)

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Going to be a great day on here and am fully expecting more slightly ridiculous posts as the day, the celebrations and the alcohol intake moves on.

I see you got a cheeky wee edit in there....’more slightly ridiculous posts’  :)

Just now, beararse said:

Be interring you see if we make the shortlist. I can’t see how they can ignore us TBH. Then it would be down to us Gers to vote.

We’d no doubt pick up a lot of Liverpool fans votes too.

was just a thought :)

My voting intentions just now split between Morelos and Gerrard for Times "Man Of The Year" and  Duffy and Lennon for "Best Comedy Support In A Disaster Movie"

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

I see you got a cheeky wee edit in there....’more slightly ridiculous posts’  :)

Just like Christmas, it's a time to celebrate, spread good cheer and be slightly ridiculous. 

Great first topic post to brighten up the day and have a wee laugh by the way

Just now, tannerall said:

Just like Christmas, it's a time to celebrate, spread good cheer and be slightly ridiculous. 

Great post to brighten up the day and have a wee laugh by the way

If folk can’t enjoy everything about today then their no’ right in the head IMO 😜🇬🇧👌🏻💪🏻