Scotland’s Euros squad - Patterson makes it

graeme_4

12 minutes ago, dbyst said:

I've a suspicion they either won't play at all or they will be thrown on last game when no hope of qualifying 

No idea, maybe just there for the experience but both are clearly talented enough to compete at the top level.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got tickets sorted yesterday for all three games - be a bit weird in a half filled Wembley, but looking forward to getting back into a ground in a few weeks. Five in our group, two with seasons in the Govan front (including mine), one at the Bridge and the other two are Jags fans. Still plenty Bears in the Scotland support despite the impression some want to give on here.

I reckon Paterson will start both games at Hampden, assume Clarke will go for a study team down in London, so could see O'Donnell starting there and Nathan only coming on if we go a few goals behind. Just delighted he's in the squad.

And folk saying it's a pish squad - there are key players from Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Southampton, Villa as well as promising young talent from Rangers and Chelsea. Probably one of the better squads we've had in years!!

Quite funny the amount of people drawn to this thread that claim to either not like/care about international football, or don't care about Scotland  :lol:

20 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Got tickets sorted yesterday for all three games - be a bit weird in a half filled Wembley, but looking forward to getting back into a ground in a few weeks. Five in our group, two with seasons in the Govan front (including mine), one at the Bridge and the other two are Jags fans. Still plenty Bears in the Scotland despite the impression some want to give on here.

I reckon Paterson will start both games at Hampden, assume Clarke will go for a study team down in London, so could see O'Donnell starting there and Nathan only coming on if we go a few goals behind. Just delighted he's in the squad.

And folk saying it's a pish squad - there are key players from Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Southampton, Villa as well as promising young talent from Rangers and Chelsea. Probably one of the better squads we've had in years!!

Quite funny the amount of people drawn to this thread that claim to either not like/care about international football, or don't care about Scotland  :lol:

Can you tell the Chelsea fan he’s a rentboy bastard, from me please thank you.

18 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not giving a fuck is understandable.

Anyone Scottish fervently supporting England over Scotland at anything is just plain weird though.

Fenians only own the country if you let them.

Nothing to do with fenians. It's Nats. Unfortunately there's also plenty within our own support. (Thick c#nts)

16 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Got tickets sorted yesterday for all three games - be a bit weird in a half filled Wembley, but looking forward to getting back into a ground in a few weeks. Five in our group, two with seasons in the Govan front (including mine), one at the Bridge and the other two are Jags fans. Still plenty Bears in the Scotland support despite the impression some want to give on here.

Ffs. What a tartan tit.

14 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Ffs. What a tartan tit.

Think that’s out of order. 

Unionists have essentially surrendered the Scottish National team to the nationalists. Going and standing shoulder to shoulder with a proportion of people that despise us isn’t for me, but fair play to him for continuing to fight for it. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Unionists have essentially surrendered the Scottish National team to the nationalists. Going and standing shoulder to shoulder with a proportion of people that despise us isn’t for me, but fair play to him for continuing to fight for it. 

Short memory mate. The SFA would have happily put us out the game.

22 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

SFA doesn’t = national team for some. Just like the board doesn’t = Rangers for others.

Like I said, wouldn’t be going myself, but won’t be insulting Rangers fans that do.

29 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

This line is one of the biggest piles of pish trotted out in here. They had a perfect opportunity to in 2012 and didn't. All they had to do was refuse the membership going from oldco to newco. 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This line is one of the biggest piles of pish trotted out in here. They had a perfect opportunity to in 2012 and didn't. All they had to do was refuse the membership going from oldco to newco. 

Tried to limit our success for the benefit of one club? How about that? 

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

O’Donnell will start ahead of Patterson unless O’Donnell picks up an injury. Even though he’s shite, he’s a player Clarke trusts. 

Aye, sadly this is the case. I expect he'll start him in one of the friendlies before (think there's one v luxembourg and one v someone else) but he'll be very much O'Donnell's deputy.

On 19/05/2021 at 18:04, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not giving a fuck is understandable.

Anyone Scottish fervently supporting England over Scotland at anything is just plain weird though.

Fenians only own the country if you let them.

Scotland is dead mate. 

If you can do so then get out.

Leave them to drown in their own nationalist bile.

23 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Fuck that.

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye, sadly this is the case. I expect he'll start him in one of the friendlies before (think there's one v luxembourg and one v someone else) but he'll be very much O'Donnell's deputy.

I think he'll definitely get a start in one of the friendlies (the other is against the Dutch) but I think he might be a surprise start in the first game where Clarke might be a bit more adventurous - he tends to play horses for courses more than some think. Plus, it's not like he's an unknown to the International set up - he's probably been the outstanding player in the U21 set up for a while - playing both right back and right midfield.

Will be the long term starter for Scotland for a long time to come and it'll be good for his overall development to be getting these games especially if he has to share time with Tav next season 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

There are certainly people who go regularly who don't like Rangers - but to be honest, I would say amongst those who travel regularly to away games, there's more than enough Bears there to fight our corner. And we pretty much dislike the majority of teams they support, so it's the same for them. Plus, can't say club football gets discussed or brought up on most trips though I never make a secret of who I support.

Plus I'm of an age where I couldn't really give a fuck - leave that stuff to the youngsters

On 19/05/2021 at 12:39, CrawfordRfc said:

Squad is absolutely tragic. 

Look at the state of the “Forwards” 😂 Game plan will be to try sneak a 1-0 no matter who they’re playing. Grim stuff. 

Could be worse. At least he has ignored the chattering mob and not picked Griffiths.

Archived