Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

@Jimbeamjunior

Your argument 

Advocaat achieved more than Gerrard which is correct but the reality is you are comparing the success of a well established manger with a bottomless pit of money against a first year rookie who was taking over possibly one of the worst Rangers squads in our history and was given say 10 million pound to spend on players?

Do you honestly believe that you have a valid argument bigging up Advocaats success against what Gerrard won?

You didnt answer my earlier question, how much did the sheep spend in gerrards first season when they fucked us out of both cups and broke a long standing record of not winning twice at ibrox in one season

You say advocaat won they trophies by vastly out spending everyone else, well sheep twice, hearts, st johnstone and st mirren all had gerrards number domestically in cups, did gerrard not vastly out spend them as well? 

And the original point was that gerrard did better in europe with lesser teams than advocaat and smith, which is quite frankly ridiculous given gerrards one shot at the CL ended with malmo embarrassing us over two legs, another team gerrard vastly out spent 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You didnt answer my earlier question, how much did the sheep spend in gerrards first season when they fucked us out of both cups and broke a long standing record of not winning twice at ibrox in one season

You say advocaat won they trophies by vastly out spending everyone else, well sheep twice, hearts, st johnstone and st mirren all had gerrards number domestically in cups, did gerrard not vastly out spend them as well? 

And the original point was that gerrard did better in europe with lesser teams than advocaat and smith, which is quite frankly ridiculous given gerrards one shot at the CL ended with malmo embarrassing us over two legs, another team gerrard vastly out spent 

The sheep have got fuck all to with my question....I asked you how you thought Gerrard would have fared had he been given 40milion on his team in his first season....Aberdeen knocked an Advocaat side out the league Cup   back in the day but that has fuck all to do with my argument..... you clearly are afraid that you may have to admit that the outcome would be more favourable hence why you won't answer the question 

You are strange character, firstly you are trying to play down Advocaats spending, you then side step Gerrards spend by bringing Aberdeens spend into the argument because they knocked us out two cups, totally ignoring that for the past 3 seasons Aberdeen were finishing 2nd in the league and were having cup finals into the bargain....yes I would always believe that Rangers should beat Aberdeen in the Cup just as we should beat the majority of teams in the cups....doesn't always work out like that or we would have won 40 odd trebles by now

11 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Be as well just leaving it, managers coaching staff tend to answer to them if you cant grasp that then fair enough.

Rangers gave him the contract. Not Gerrard. He would answer to Rangers.

Same now as he’s moved to Aston Villa. 

Rangers would be the ones to fire him.

Aston Villa would be the ones to fire him as well.

This is what you’re not grasping. Fair enough. 

20 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The sheep have got fuck all to with my question....I asked you how you thought Gerrard would have fared had he been given 40milion on his team in his first season....Aberdeen knocked an Advocaat side out the league Cup   back in the day but that has fuck all to do with my argument..... you clearly are afraid that you may have to admit that the outcome would be more favourable hence why you won't answer the question 

You are strange character, firstly you are trying to play down Advocaats spending, you then side step Gerrards spend by bringing Aberdeens spend into the argument because they knocked us out two cups, totally ignoring that for the past 3 seasons Aberdeen were finishing 2nd in the league and were having cup finals into the bargain....yes I would always believe that Rangers should beat Aberdeen in the Cup just as we should beat the majority of teams in the cups....doesn't always work out like that or we would have won 40 odd trebles by now

You said advocaat spent 70mill, ive shown some form of evidence that he hadnt, and in that time he not only made good inroads in europe, but also won many trophies domestically until, as you said, oneills tarriers team bested him

The original point, as i said, was that a poster inferred that advocaat and smith done less in europe but with better teams, when infact smith and Advocaat did better in europe, with better teams and also won much domestically

You seem to think i am downplaying hos achievements in europe, far from it, the EL runs were fantastic, however the claim that gerrards euro record is better than previous managers (pedro not included cause that was utterly honking) is clearly wrong, especially as these previous managers were also doing it at home as well as abroad, 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Why you upset that he is away if you think he is tactically useless and he kept embarrassing us in cups....you should be delighted....not bitter:confused:

I am glad the rat bastard is away , never wanted him near the club in the first place.

What pisses me is the way he was allowed to do it , we should have sacked the prick.

Guy has just shafted the club mid season and we have tossers like you on here defending every fuck up he made.....

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I am glad the rat bastard is away , never wanted him near the club in the first place.

What pisses me is the way he was allowed to do it , we should have sacked the prick.

Guy has just shafted the club mid season and we have tossers like you on here defending every fuck up he made.....

When should we have sacked him?

43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You said advocaat spent 70mill, ive shown some form of evidence that he hadnt, and in that time he not only made good inroads in europe, but also won many trophies domestically until, as you said, oneills tarriers team bested him

The original point, as i said, was that a poster inferred that advocaat and smith done less in europe but with better teams, when infact smith and Advocaat did better in europe, with better teams and also won much domestically

You seem to think i am downplaying hos achievements in europe, far from it, the EL runs were fantastic, however the claim that gerrards euro record is better than previous managers (pedro not included cause that was utterly honking) is clearly wrong, especially as these previous managers were also doing it at home as well as abroad, 

OK off the top of my head

Flo & Ball £18mill

Gio, AN & AK £15mill

Hendry & Amato £9mill

Mols,Fernando, Bertie & RdB £18mill

That is £60 million off the top of the head before you include guys like Reyna, McCann, Tugay,charbonier, Lovenkrands, Christensan, Nerlinger etc etc who were all in the 2/3 million bracket, if you go into transfer market they are out with the fees but he signed 24 players with the cheapest fee around 500k

On 08/11/2021 at 18:42, Smile said:

I came into give my opinion like everyone else, sadly I think it's that its utter shite and a dream wank for the filth and nothing more as Gerrard has already stated he's happy here.

But lets ignore that and listen to random nonsense perpetuated by idiots.

I cant even use the excuse I was drunk sadly. I guess I was too trusting.

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

OK off the top of my head

Flo & Ball £18mill

Gio, AN & AK £15mill

Hendry & Amato £9mill

Mols,Fernando, Bertie & RdB £18mill

That is £60 million off the top of the head before you include guys like Reyna, McCann, Tugay,charbonier, Lovenkrands, Christensan, Nerlinger etc etc who were all in the 2/3 million bracket, if you go into transfer market they are out with the fees but he signed 24 players with the cheapest fee around 500k

Lovenkrands, tugay, charbonnier, christiansen and nerlinger were all under 2mill each

Using wiki for quickness (not 100% accurate but nothing is with player fees) advocaats net spend over 4 seasons was around the 42mill mark, thats 4 seasons where his first was to replace 15 first team squad members from the failed 10iar season, 4 seasons that included 2 CL group stage appearances (worth maybe around 40mill in total back then) and 2 UEFA cup runs, one of which got us to europe after xmas for the first time in a decade

Yup he spent a lot, but he also brought a lot in while winning trophies, (pity murrays wage sanctions cripples us, eck having to dismantle a treble winning team was a kick in the baws) 

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Lovenkrands, tugay, charbonnier, christiansen and nerlinger were all under 2mill each

Using wiki for quickness (not 100% accurate but nothing is with player fees) advocaats net spend over 4 seasons was around the 42mill mark, thats 4 seasons where his first was to replace 15 first team squad members from the failed 10iar season, 4 seasons that included 2 CL group stage appearances (worth maybe around 40mill in total back then) and 2 UEFA cup runs, one of which got us to europe after xmas for the first time in a decade

Yup he spent a lot, but he also brought a lot in while winning trophies, (pity murrays wage sanctions cripples us, eck having to dismantle a treble winning team was a kick in the baws) 

Again without going over old ground, my argument has always been that if Gerrard had been thrown a similar type of investment where he was signing good decent top end players like Advocaat was able to sign,  I then believe Gerrard would have undeniably had a better chance especially in his first season, the fact we lost a cup semi to the sheep was as much to do with the squad depth being not good enough and having to rely on umar fucking sadiq to lead the line

Last year we should no doubt have won the treble, that I wasn't happy about, but winning the league unbeaten softened the cup loses ever so slightly as I would have settled for that at the start

If you compare like for like in rebuild jobs

Charbonier(soon to be Klos) -Shagger

Numan- Barisic 

Vidmar- Flanagan 

Hendry- Goldson 

Kancelskis- Grezda

GvB - Arfield 

Amato-Lafferty

Wallace-Kent

Take into consideration what Advocaat was left with compared to Gerrard 

Amo, Porrini, Thern, Durie, Ian Ferguson,  Gattuso and an up and coming Barry Ferguson 

Morelos, Jack, Tav

Surely when you look at like that you must see that the odds are more heavily stacked in Dickies favour to be more successful immediately on the domestic scene 

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Again without going over old ground, my argument has always been that if Gerrard had been thrown a similar type of investment where he was signing good decent top end players like Advocaat was able to sign,  I then believe Gerrard would have undeniably had a better chance especially in his first season, the fact we lost a cup semi to the sheep was as much to do with the squad depth being not good enough and having to rely on umar fucking sadiq to lead the line

Last year we should no doubt have won the treble, that I wasn't happy about, but winning the league unbeaten softened the cup loses ever so slightly as I would have settled for that at the start

If you compare like for like in rebuild jobs

Charbonier(soon to be Klos) -Shagger

Numan- Barisic 

Vidmar- Flanagan 

Hendry- Goldson 

Kancelskis- Grezda

GvB - Arfield 

Amato-Lafferty

Wallace-Kent

Take into consideration what Advocaat was left with compared to Gerrard 

Amo, Porrini, Thern, Durie, Ian Ferguson,  Gattuso and an up and coming Barry Ferguson 

Morelos, Jack, Tav

Surely when you look at like that you must see that the odds are more heavily stacked in Dickies favour to be more successful immediately on the domestic scene 

Why did you leave out dorrans, middleton, candieas and halliday off the list gerrard inherited? 

47 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why did you leave out dorrans, middleton, candieas and halliday off the list gerrard inherited? 

:lol::lol:

I cause they four made a huge difference 

Just fucking admit the quality available to both managers was night and day ffs

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

:lol::lol:

I cause they four made a huge difference 

Just fucking admit the quality available to both managers was night and day ffs

So candieas doesn't make a difference, but 2 game, perma injured jonas thern who retired due to injury helped advocaat to a treble? 

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So candieas doesn't make a difference, but 2 game, perma injured jonas thern who retired due to injury helped advocaat to a treble? 

Look Jim if you can't work out the irony in your statement then I give up....3 of the 4 players you mention that actually got decent game time didn't kick a ball when we actually won the league....you know why....cause they weren't fucking good enough.....imagine digging up Thern whilst throwing in Dorrans:lol:you are mental

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Look Jim if you can't work out the irony in your statement then I give up....3 of the 4 players you mention that actually got decent game time didn't kick a ball when we actually won the league....you know why....cause they weren't fucking good enough.....imagine digging up Thern whilst throwing in Dorrans:lol:you are mental

Its a simple question, why did you make it out like gerrard only had 3 players when he came here while advocaat had more, 

I mean you gave advocaat gattuso who was sold in the october, so by that will we add windass to gerrards list, he played 5 games before being sold, surely that counts

I find it strange why you discount guys like candeias, who played 52 times that season, middleton, halliday, mccrorie, all playing just under 30 games or more than 30 games, given our fantastic euro run that season, surely they were good enough bacl then no?