Why Rangers?

Grew up going to Motherwell games, was a mascot a couple of times when McLeish was the manager as ma dad drank with him. When I was 8 I told my da I was supporting Rangers and he gave it the usual "like fuck you are" but I said that he had always said "you should support your local team" so my logic was sound, my local team was by far and away Rangers not a 45 minute drive to Motherwell. Went to a Catholic school as well and it was horrendous when we beat the scum to the point I bunked off after the games.

Fast forward a few years and I took my kid to his first game aged 4 and his local team was Dartford, afterwards he refused to go back, I don't blame him it was shitter than watching Motherwell.

On 13/11/2021 at 13:57, scottyscott1963 said:

:thumbsup:
Took my son to Kilmarnock for a league cup group match around 89 when he was about 5 and went for pies at half time,and left him with his uncle,who was a killie fan.
When i came back he was sobbing.
He wondered where i had went,and we had scored and he shat himself at the roar.
My take was his uncle was nipping the poor kid because his team got beat by about 6/7 goals that day.
He's now a home and away with his mates since he was about 15/16.
Met my Daughter at Queen Street Station with my Grandson who was about 5 about 2014 and took him out to ibrox on the Underground and he was mesmerised by the Rangers support,one actually offered him a guzzle of Buckfast to which he just shook his head :tonic: :mutley:....left him on his own at half time to get him a hotdog and when i came back i'm not sure he knew i had been away,he's a laid back kid. 
He actually goes to Dunfermline matches with his Dad,but i take him to Ibrox when i get a chance. 

This is a local story about Murrays old man who was a large coal merchant,and used to put stones in his coal to maximise his profits,and if i remember correctly he went out the game because of drink.   

If only we had known about the stones in the coal most of the last 10 years might have been very different  :lol:.

I stay right beside Hampden and used to sometimes go and see Queen's Park when I was a kid if my dad was working ... and even though like us they are also one of the games great clubs those occasional days with the spiders just made the trips to Ibrox even better :pipe:

I'm a self admitted plastic fan. Won tickets at my first job at 14, when I didn't have a team, picked Rangers based on the kit being the best. Knew nothing of football, was busy chasing girls. I've went to 1 game a year since then. 

I follow Rangers from the comfort of my screen mostly. I do find the fans to be of better class and typically more intelligent than other fans. I thought most fans where the same as a kid, how wrong I was.

45 minutes ago, PureBloodedbear said:

I'm a self admitted plastic fan. Won tickets at my first job at 14, when I didn't have a team, picked Rangers based on the kit being the best. Knew nothing of football, was busy chasing girls. I've went to 1 game a year since then. 

I follow Rangers from the comfort of my screen mostly. I do find the fans to be of better class and typically more intelligent than other fans. I thought most fans where the same as a kid, how wrong I was.

We’d like your credit card number mate. 

My dad took me, aged 8. His dad and his uncle took him before that.

Hate to admit that I actually had a celtic poster before that, because my neighbour gave me it when he was trying to persuade me to follow them. But then my dad took me to Ibrox whereupon Roy Aitken, Mo Johnstone, Owen Archdeacon et Al ended up on my dartboard.