Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wether he can turn it around or not is totally dependent on the shitebag players he inherited, the same shitebags that won one fucking trophy previously and they needed no crowds and a tarrier implosion to do so

Saturday we scored early on, and then retreat into a shell, i dont care what anyone says, I refuse to believe that any manager tells his dominant team to stop being dominant, he might tell them to control the tempo of the game, make the opposition play our game instead of their own, but i refuse to believe that gio gives specific instructions to players that consist of "if you see a forward pass, under no circumstances do you take it, you play it backwards at all times no matter what" 

So we are back in that place of manager says one thing and players do the other.

So what is the solution? Do we keep Gio in until the January window when he can get rid of all these players and in the meantime they don’t do what he tells them to. How many points will we drop if the players don’t do what he tells them to?

One thing for certain is whoever comes in needs to be able to sign their players and not Ross Wilson, I don’t think these players are Gio’s players but I reckon he didn’t actually have much input.

14 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So we are back in that place of manager says one thing and players do the other.

So what is the solution? Do we keep Gio in until the January window when he can get rid of all these players and in the meantime they don’t do what he tells them to. How many points will we drop if the players don’t do what he tells them to?

One thing for certain is whoever comes in needs to be able to sign their players and not Ross Wilson, I don’t think these players are Gio’s players but I reckon he didn’t actually have much input.

I don't know how we play it. Hope Gio can pick the players up come start of October. We've been given a lifeline with that result today so have to work our arses of to capitalise :thumbup:

Don't know team, or formation going fwd. Who to play in goal. Maybe best ask the smart cunt @ForeverAndEver:lol:

9 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I don't know how we play it. Hope Gio can pick the players up come start of October. We've been given a lifeline with that result today so have to work our arses of to capitalise :thumbup:

Don't know team, or formation going fwd. Who to play in goal. Maybe best ask the smart cunt @ForeverAndEver:lol:

Take my name out your mouth

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So far barring tarriers away we'd have had a 100% record if it wasnt for a cheating ref, 

If the players arent doing what he says and still beating the rest of Scottish football, then perhaps the worry of dropped points galore is miles off

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I only mentioned salaries to indicate the spend gerrard was allowed in his first season, people harp on about the mess he inherited without showing that he permanently signed 13 players in that season and took 6 on loan, so it was his team not Pedro's 

No id rather we won the fucking lot, but im not going to gloss over the fact it took gerrard 3 seasons and a fuck ton of money spent to win one title, while we slaughter gio for not winning a title in 6 months with the same squad 

Gerrard spent 30mill to win one title in 3 years, the fat aussie took the bulk of a team that won 4 trebles in a row, added 13 players to it, spent 25mill in one season and we think gio should be beating them? 

Ah good, you acknowledge you did raise the topic of salaries. What were Celtics comparable salaries and spend? Should we not also look at the squad Gerrard inherited cos surely to fuck that's got to be taken into account when we're harping on 😁 about 1st seasons ? Im not saying he wasn't backed, he absolutely was, but it was never like when Souness came in and bought success. Gerrard had to compete with a strong Celtic who also backed their managers financially.

Ffs mate, the inherited squads are night and day for 1st seasons. One had a squad where rightly few survived, the other a squad that has won a league title and was capable of going to Seville. Holy fuck tell me you're not looking at it like for like.

I'm the one saying for those reasons Gio will be punching above his weight and you're arguing about it 🤣🤣🤣. But it's far far less leeway to be given based on what he inherited and the spend he has been given. Gerrard needed 3 years, Guo rightly doesn't get that time. Gerrard continuously improved the squad, Gio has arguably weakened it.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Does that mean punching above his weight? If we win the league this season we haven’t punched above our weight

The difference is Gio took over a team that won the league, Gerrard took over Pedro/Murty’s mess when we were miles off it and getting pumped every Old Firm game.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If its absolutely against the odds then why do we want to remove him? Whats the point when the next manager is only going to have to punch above his weight as well

And why does gio only get less than one season to try and punch above his weight when the previous manager got 3

Because its fucking Rangers and managers still need to win leagues even if the main opponents spend more!

Because of starting positions and comparable to the scum inherited squads / investment levels.

Are you giving Gio 3 seasons to win a league title?

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because its fucking Rangers and managers still need to win leagues even if the main opponents spend more!

Because of starting positions and comparable to the scum inherited squads / investment levels.

By that time our title of most successfully club could be dust. 

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wether he can turn it around or not is totally dependent on the shitebag players he inherited, the same shitebags that won one fucking trophy previously and they needed no crowds and a tarrier implosion to do so

Saturday we scored early on, and then retreat into a shell, i dont care what anyone says, I refuse to believe that any manager tells his dominant team to stop being dominant, he might tell them to control the tempo of the game, make the opposition play our game instead of their own, but i refuse to believe that gio gives specific instructions to players that consist of "if you see a forward pass, under no circumstances do you take it, you play it backwards at all times no matter what

I think it's more a case of keeping possession at all costs , which often often means going backwards or sideways , killing the momentum of the attack . 

Personally I'd like him to be a bit more brave and take a gamble on going forward more , and if it doesn't come off , who cares . Have belief that you'll win it backbefore long , and you start again . 

I'm willing to give him more time having seen how good we were in Europe last season , but he's going to have to get back to that more positive attitude . 

50 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Gerrard won it when he should have been winning it then, did Gio not lose it when we should have been winning it too? 

Yes he should have

But the argument has now reached that apparently gerrard was punching above his weight winning the league, which is a fair enough opinion, so surely that stands to reason that gio isnt favourite given its pretty much the same squad barring a couple signings, meanwhile the tarriers have spent 45mill in just over a year 

Cant give one manager leeway and 3 years to punch above his weight while crucifying another manager for not doing it within 6 months

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why not? The majority of gerrards title winning team were brought into the club within the first season or already here for him

Id rather we win the fucking treble every year, but if our expectations are to punch above our weight every season then we are in trouble as not often in scottish football does that happen for the title 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yes he should have

But the argument has now reached that apparently gerrard was punching above his weight winning the league, which is a fair enough opinion, so surely that stands to reason that gio isnt favourite given its pretty much the same squad barring a couple signings, meanwhile the tarriers have spent 45mill in just over a year 

Cant give one manager leeway and 3 years to punch above his weight while crucifying another manager for not doing it within 6 months

It’s about progress. 

we were constantly getting better in Gerrards time. We have gone backwards under Gio

He has stamped his style on the team and it’s woeful. 

Managers get time when they bring back respect and pride and move towards better things. They get fuck all leeway when we get beat 11-0 in 3 consecutive games and look like a mid table plodder against the worst team in the league at home. 

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I think it's more a case of keeping possession at all costs , which often often means going backwards or sideways , killing the momentum of the attack . 

Personally I'd like him to be a bit more brave and take a gamble on going forward more , and if it doesn't come off , who cares . Have belief that you'll win it backbefore long , and you start again . 

I'm willing to give him more time having seen how good we were in Europe last season , but he's going to have to get back to that more positive attitude . 

Again though, as much as gio might be saying to the players to keep the ball at all costs, they arent robots, if they see a forward pass then why not go for it? 

Imo it stems from fear of fucking it up, this mob of players have it ingrained in them