Anyone else just realised they don't have a passport

Haven't needed one for two years with Covid.  Currently downgraded so cant deploy, that would have been another thing that would have normally kept it in mind.  Its literally sat in a drawer for two years,, and when I went to fetch it out today its fucking expired.  Fuming.  

The 7 day fast track system starts from the day of the appointment and the earliest today was 18th May in London.  The Premium service (cheek calling it that) is a 2 day return for 180 quid, is unavailable due to Covid!!

Premium is literally a whole online thing,, no person to person until when you go to pick it up,,,, so why the fuck is that the one unavailable due to Covid?

I could understand if its a whole new first ever passport,, but its just a renewal , and lets face it, its a picture update.   Why in this modern age can you not just go online , upload pic, tick whatever boxes need ticked, speak to someone via cam if need be, and pay the fee and have it done ffs.  

Just curious if its the same up in Scotland or is done the through the exact same shitey system.  

Gutted doesn't come close to how I feel the night.

2 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Haven't needed one for two years with Covid.  Currently downgraded so cant deploy, that would have been another thing that would have normally kept it in mind.  Its literally sat in a drawer for two years,, and when I went to fetch it out today its fucking expired.  Fuming.  

The 7 day fast track system starts from the day of the appointment and the earliest today was 18th May in London.  The Premium service (cheek calling it that) is a 2 day return for 180 quid, is unavailable due to Covid!!

Premium is literally a whole online thing,, no person to person until when you go to pick it up,,,, so why the fuck is that the one unavailable due to Covid?

I could understand if its a whole new first ever passport,, but its just a renewal , and lets face it, its a picture update.   Why in this modern age can you not just go online , upload pic, tick whatever boxes need ticked, speak to someone via cam if need be, and pay the fee and have it done ffs.  

Just curious if its the same up in Scotland or is done the through the exact same shitey system.  

Pretty sure you can go online and upload a new photo. If you take it yourself they burst your balls about light and shadows and contrast but you can go into a photo booth and get a code that you can use without having to send them a physical picture.

Used to get Visa stamps and passport issues organised within a day for people all the time when I worked at Cabinet office. Passport issues for me one time years ago and was the same guy I dealt with on the behalf of others.... well you can guess the answer!

1 minute ago, KaiserJon said:

Used to get Visa stamps and passport issues organised within a day for people all the time when I worked at Cabinet office. Passport issues for me one time years ago and was the same guy I dealt with on the behalf of others.... well you can guess the answer!

Thankyou Miss Moneypenny, would you send Bond in please?

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

Pretty sure you can go online and upload a new photo. If you take it yourself they burst your balls about light and shadows and contrast but you can go into a photo booth and get a code that you can use without having to send them a physical picture.

Had the exact same issues for my photos for my residence card and other cards here. Spent hours getting it right and had to be against a white background, oh that's not white enough said the sensor or whatever and so and so on.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Naw, but I've hired a car to drive from Lisbon and realised my driving licence has expired so don't know if they'll let me collect it.

Not a chance with the insurance, ah well you will have to unfortunately explain to the other passengers that you will be forced to ask one of them to give the up the driving and instead set about a case of beer.

4 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Not a chance with the insurance, ah well you will have to unfortunately explain to the other passengers that you will be forced to ask one of them to give the up the driving and instead set about a case of beer.

Deffo not? It's the card that's expired (2019) rather than the actual licence which runs to 2050.

Travelling with ny daughter who has had he full licence less than a year, would they let her drive one?

11 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Deffo not? It's the card that's expired (2019) rather than the actual licence which runs to 2050.

Travelling with ny daughter who has had he full licence less than a year, would they let her drive one?

Best contacting the hire car company in this situation 👍

16 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

You would need to look into it mate but think if you renew it online it's valid from then and don't need to wait on actual card coming 

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

You would need to look into it mate but think if you renew it online it's valid from then and don't need to wait on actual card coming 

Won't let me mate as I have entitlement to drive HGVs so need a medical assessment submitted with it. 🤦‍♂️

Will email them and see what they say. But I think I already know their answer....

7 hours ago, stevotrueblue said:

Even the 7 and 2 day options are taking longer than stated. Boy that works with me paid the fast track and was nearly 6 weeks before he got it

7 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

My wife and I replaced ours on line back in Dec. My photo was ok but even though my wife's was taken at same spot, background and camera took about 5 attempts yo get a photo they would accept. The real bad news for OP still took c. 3 weeks for passports to arrive. 

Me and my son booked flights and accommodation for Malaga after Braga game without any passports. When you go on website for a fast track appointment only Liverpool and Newport were coming up but if you keep hitting refresh one for Glasgow might pop up which it did for us. Got them delivered last week.

3 hours ago, northernsoul bear said:

Me and my son booked flights and accommodation for Malaga after Braga game without any passports. When you go on website for a fast track appointment only Liverpool and Newport were coming up but if you keep hitting refresh one for Glasgow might pop up which it did for us. Got them delivered last week.

So if you only got them last week then I guess the 7day thing didn't turn out to be 7days either then

On 07/05/2022 at 12:17, stevotrueblue said:

So if you only got them last week then I guess the 7day thing didn't turn out to be 7days either then

Managed to get a fast track appointment for Saturday 23rd April and they were delivered by Tuesday 26 April. Good luck.