Cheltenham Festival 2023

EastendGers

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

For last year's festival I had god knows how many ante post bets with my free £5 bet from sky, by the time the festival started I think I only had 3 or 4 bets actually running because of injuries or horses being pulled from one race to run in another :lol:

That's genius am gonny dae that, despite yours no going great

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Av no bet a horse in ages mate so I've no chance but I'll keep ye updated 👍

I will send you some horses imho that will definitely go in a certain race who obviously will take all the beating, problem is if you say stick on a four timer and 3 win and the fourth is a NR then you are down

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2022 at 18:43, hammer93 said:

I will send you some horses imho that will definitely go in a certain race who obviously will take all the beating, problem is if you say stick on a four timer and 3 win and the fourth is a NR then you are down

There are certain races which at this stage are are a bit risky to bet on, especially the 3 novice hurdles (the Supreme, Ballymore, and Albert Bartlett) because trainers might not yet have decided which one to go for. The Champion Bumper is also a bit of a lottery. And in the handicaps there's not much point betting on a horse unless you know it will definitely get in the race.

But there are 28 races in all, so there are still plenty of opportunities to have an ante post bet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's everyone's bets for day one of the festival?

My day one bets;

Il Etait Temps win & Strong Leader ew - Supreme Novices Hurdle

Honeysuckle, Jonbon & Gailard Du Mesnil Win Patent - Arkle, Mares and National Hunt Chase

Into Overdrive win - Ultima

Sir Allen ew - Boodles

No bet in Champion Hurdle as I expect Constitution Hill to piss it.

Just now, RoboBearToo said:

I'm an ew way backer so tend to look for a price.

Will make a final decision tomorrow but so far looking at Diverge in the first and Remastered in the 2.50

Avoided the graded races for the big prices mate and get stuck into the handicaps where they’ll have good value.

a lot of the graded races look like they’ll be between the market leaders, unless you get bookmakers paying four and 5 places that is 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Avoided the graded races for the big prices mate and get stuck into the handicaps where they’ll have good value.

a lot of the graded races look like they’ll be between the market leaders, unless you get bookmakers paying four and 5 places that is 

4 places in the 1.30 and 6 in the 2.50. Also 6 in the 4.50 but not looked at that yet.

1 minute ago, RoboBearToo said:

No.  I'll probably get banned for saying it, but I use Paddy Power.

Sometimes stingy with prices but good for the extra places

Sky bet are the same, offer extra places but clip a point or two off for it