Goldson & Davies

stuart1994

14 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Davies ability in the air is a myth tbh. Ever since it was mentioned on here as a problem I’ve tried to watch how many he wins in a game and it’s well above what I’d expect for a player deemed poor in ariel duels. 

He’s excellent on the ball, knows where to be 95% of the time and also covers quite well for Borna too. 

I’m hoping we can get a run of 15-20 games with these 2 at the back then go from there, he seems to be over whatever injury niggles he had as well. 

He’s really good at cushioning/redirecting balls with his head.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/23297167.connor-goldson-rangers-deal-perception-eyes-ibrox-end/

Decent article about Connors situation with signing the new contract. Interesting he knocked back the first offer at the start of the season and wasn't offered another until he signed the new one.

He also mentions he was offered a pre in January but didn't accept as he thought the team were not going to win many games. 

Decent insight.