Goldson & Davies

stuart1994

Always felt goldson looked and seemed more settled with a centre half that was more defensive and allowed him to be the ball player and the more attacking of them both, to me helander suited goldson more than balogun

Davies compliments goldson because he's just there and quietly does the job allowing goldson to flourish 

9 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Started to get a real bit of consistency there. Since Ross County we now have 6 clean sheets in 9 and conceded only 4. The most promising thing is we're giving very little up!

Most attacks that result in efforts on goal etc seem to come from our fullbacks, when they go forward our midfield are still struggling to cover them, few times hearts managed to get down the flanks with simple balls into the channels, 

Its how beales system works but we defo need to cover a bit quicker or stop the passes at their source a bit quicker, shanklands miss tonight came from a ball into bornas slot but it was almost the full pitch the pass was able to drop into, 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Most attacks that result in efforts on goal etc seem to come from our fullbacks, when they go forward our midfield are still struggling to cover them, few times hearts managed to get down the flanks with simple balls into the channels, 

Its how beales system works but we defo need to cover a bit quicker or stop the passes at their source a bit quicker, shanklands miss tonight came from a ball into bornas slot but it was almost the full pitch the pass was able to drop into, 

Once Ridvan is fit Borna won’t get away with these types of mistakes which can be a good thing overall as both will raise their game due the competition with each other 

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Once Ridvan is fit Borna won’t get away with these types of mistakes which can be a good thing overall as both will raise their game due the competition with each other 

I wouldnt even say it was a mistake, just a slight flaw in the system 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Injury prone-ness, ability in the air, not the strongest, consistency. I'm not saying he is shite, far from it, but I just don't rate him enough to be our main centre back.

Ffs man.

logging back out place is full of absolute spastics who don’t have a clue about football

I think Davies ability in the air is a myth tbh. Ever since it was mentioned on here as a problem I’ve tried to watch how many he wins in a game and it’s well above what I’d expect for a player deemed poor in ariel duels. 

He’s excellent on the ball, knows where to be 95% of the time and also covers quite well for Borna too. 

I’m hoping we can get a run of 15-20 games with these 2 at the back then go from there, he seems to be over whatever injury niggles he had as well. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Davies ability in the air is a myth tbh. Ever since it was mentioned on here as a problem I’ve tried to watch how many he wins in a game and it’s well above what I’d expect for a player deemed poor in ariel duels. 

He’s excellent on the ball, knows where to be 95% of the time and also covers quite well for Borna too. 

I’m hoping we can get a run of 15-20 games with these 2 at the back then go from there, he seems to be over whatever injury niggles he had as well. 

I've not kept a proper look out at set pieces, but in open play I think he's been fine in aerial duels since Beale came in. Reads the game very well.