Morelos To Sevilla? - Ibrox Noise

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sorry he’s scored 1 in every 2.01 games. 

In the last 4 years in the league (4 years...) he has 1 in every 2.35 games. 

Which as I posted a few weeks ago, is a worse goalscoring record than Roofe, Colak, Kyogo, Giakoumakis and Edouard. He literally has the worst goalscoring record in the league than every old firm striker of the last few years including the back ups. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We seem to want it all ways. We want Morelos to hit McCoist level numbers while insisting he’s not as good as folk think in a team most insist isn’t that great and is miles off where it should be.

I don’t think he is good enough for that, I know he’s great at holding the ball up and all the rest but his passing and finishing have never quite done it for me, his first few years and the europa runs you think we’re on to a genuine superstar but he’s just never quite hit the heights imo.

Wont be wanting him to fail or calling him shit but I do want to get a fresh start from Alfie as I think his best has been and gone and it’s time for Rangers to try something new again.

6 years of evidence of watching him strike a ball and watching him miss a penalty in a league cup final and seeing he has scored 3/5 in his career is making stuff up, but saying we would have won the Europa League if he played in the final isn't making stuff up?

Sound 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

6 years of evidence of watching him strike a ball and watching him miss a penalty in a league cup final and seeing he has scored 3/5 in his career is making stuff up, but saying we would have won the Europa League if he played in the final isn't making stuff up?

Sound 

That’s some meltdown

Just don’t make things up in the future and you’ll be grand mate 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sound 

Can also add in what his team mate said about him not striking a ball well, that’s also being filled in the ‘do not acknowledge’ pile.

10 minutes ago, Broxi said:

In the last 4 years in the league (4 years...) he has 1 in every 2.35 games. 

Which as I posted a few weeks ago, is a worse goalscoring record than Roofe, Colak, Kyogo, Giakoumakis and Edouard. He literally has the worst goalscoring record in the league than every old firm striker of the last few years including the back ups. 

Now do all competitions.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can also add in what his team mate said about him not striking a ball well, that’s also being filled in the ‘do not acknowledge’ pile.

Andy Halliday also said  Morelos  can't speak English, That was made up pish,

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sound 

So he's scored more than he's missed but he's bad at them?

Just now, The Dude said:

So what is the number then? is it 2.28?

So even taking the most favourable way of counting his stats (from 6 years ago) he still does not have the record that the majority of people on here agree is the standard.

You know what his record is if you take his most most recent stats, over the last 2 seasons, even in all competitions? It's 1 goal in every 2.78 matches. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

4 or 6 years, whats the difference?

Because 4 years is the whole same block of form, it's the length of the same pattern.

Last 2 years is even worse as posted above. 

This season alone is even worse again (1 in 3.6)

Just now, The Dude said:

So when we're talking about a player's time at the club, we've not to actually look at his whole time at the club?

I thought the discussion was around the merits of keeping Morelos / his potential move?

McGregor was class 6 years ago. 

Just now, The Dude said:

So when we're talking about a player's time at the club, we've not to actually look at his whole time at the club?

We're not talking about a player's time at the club. We're talking if Morelos is good enough to be our main striker moving forward.