Welcome back to Rangers Leon Balogun

Dan Deacon

Back to the future, it's the optics that's wrong after all the pish about change coming, he's here now and while I think it's a total backwards step I'll welcome him. If the manager ends up having to play him more than what he's been earmarked for, it'll be him paying with his job, he must realise nothing but a sustained assault right at the very top of the league from start to finish is the requirement, none of this holding on to coattails just getting by, confident strong performances sending out the message that we're on route to the title.

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Back to the future, it's the optics that's wrong after all the pish about change coming,

This statement feels like a massive exaggeration tbh. 

We‘ve signed six new players and three more - Panzo, Cifuentus and Danillo - continue to be strongly linked with us. Re-signing one player as a stop gap because the manager was hit with a freak, unexpected circumstance when King got injured doesn’t negate the fact that a change within the squad isn’t only coming, it’s already happening.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

This statement feels like a massive exaggeration tbh. 

We‘ve signed six new players and three more - Panzo, Cifuentus and Danillo - continue to be strongly linked with us. Re-signing one player as a stop gap because the manager was hit with a freak, unexpected circumstance when King got injured doesn’t negate the fact that a change within the squad isn’t only coming, it’s already happening.

It is one player yes but it's not needed for me, he could have went and looked for someone else a bit younger, I can't see how he's going to produce any better than what he done before which on the whole wasn't good enough then.

There’s always going to be a risk whatever route we went down with this signing.

If we signed somebody with pedigree then you’re going to have to spend money and wages. That’s a risk to the quality of your first team as you eat into that budget.

If you sign somebody cheap then that’s a risk because there’s a good chance they will be shit if they’re a free agent and on low wages.

If you sign a youngster who could develop. That’s a risk because he will be unproven - he could be good he could be shit he could take too long to get up to speed. It would be King 2.0. 

Balogun isn’t a great defender nor is he shit. He is a known quantity, who knows the league, manager and fits in to the dressing room. He can do a good enough job for us and tide us over in an emergency till January if required better than Sands or King did last year. 

The risk is his injury history but we have Waller back who he trusts and they’ve done the risk assessment on him. 

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

It is one player yes but it's not needed for me, he could have went and looked for someone else a bit younger, I can't see how he's going to produce any better than what he done before which on the whole wasn't good enough then.

Would there be many younger free agents willing to come in and not start or do you think we should have taken money out of the budget and used it here?

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Would there be many younger free agents willing to come in and not start or do you think we should have taken money out of the budget and used it here?

I think we should have worked a little harder to find someone younger and if that ment more money then fine, money needs spent on the defense after all.

I think we should have worked a little harder to find someone younger and if that ment more money then fine, money needs spent on the defense after all.

But we are clearly still doing that work too. We’ve been linked with multiple defenders this Summer, because it’s an area we have been and still are actively looking to strengthen. We needed instant cover to cover King, Balogun was free, immediately available and so keen to return that he agreed a deal and had joined up with the squad in less than 24 hours.

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

It will be though.

I think as soon as one of Kamara or Davies goes out of the door we will reinvest that money on a centre half within a few days and announce the signing of the guy who will be the starting centre half. 

2 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

It will be though.

Ever since you called him your favourite poster and he took it seriously, he has become a lot more confident and started posting a lot more shite. 

33 minutes ago, OhW said:

Ever since you called him your favourite poster and he took it seriously, he has become a lot more confident and started posting a lot more shite. 

I've no problem posting whatever I like on here, it's a football forum and I've been partaking in it a lot longer than you so fuck up mongo 🖕

Just now, superallysbears said:

I've no problem posting whatever I like on here, it's a football forum and I've been partaking in it a lot longer than you so fuck up mongo 🖕

I’ve no problem posting what I see. 

Just now, OhW said:

I’ve no problem posting what I see. 

I've had more interactions with specky lately but that's about the only thing that resembles what you might have seen, talking about me being confident to post lol this place is not that deep ffs, definitely reading to much into it and probably reflects your own confidence interacting on here more than mines.

I've had more interactions with specky lately but that's about the only thing that resembles what you might have seen, talking about me being confident to post lol this place is not that deep ffs, definitely reading to much into it and probably reflects your own confidence interacting on here more than mines.

Fuck up mongo. 

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Get intae him mate