Assassin's Creed Mirage

McEwan's Lager

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Anyone played it yet?

I didn’t pre order and was wondering if it was worth buying. I’ve really enjoyed the last couple of games.

Basim was a bit of a dick in Valhalla so I’m not sure about him being the main character but the setting seems really cool.

I downloaded it last night. Will probably try and get a few hours in today will let you know. 

15 minutes ago, Finny said:

I downloaded it last night. Will probably try and get a few hours in today will let you know. 

I was going to wait because last time the various DLCs made a mess of my original saved game so had to start again but I don’t think there are any expansions planned for this one so I may as well just get it.

I’m really looking forward to Red next year if is going to be in Ancient Japan.

I’m about 3/4 of the way through I think. 

To steal a quote, it’s probably one of the best 8/10’s I’ve ever played. It’s not ground breaking, but what it does do, it does really well.

It’s a throwback to the original games, but with a lot more polish. Stealth is now the main focus, you can still hack your way through enemies with a sword but on the harder difficulties it’s very easy to get quickly overwhelmed. 

The combat is still fairly basic and not as free flowing as Origins or Valhalla, no weapon skills either. That’s intentional though as the focus is on using your tools and stealth. 

Story is decent so far but I don’t really care about any of the characters. The real star of the show is the city… it’s fairly small but it’s incredibly well put together and feels very alive. 

If you like the older games you’ll love this. I had to change afew of the controls though but you might like the older/traditional feel to them!

5 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Seem to lose interest and direction in their story a few hours in with almost all Ubisoft games. They are nice to look at though. I see it’s only £35 on cdkeys, cheap for a big new title? @McEwan's Lager

It’s a relatively short game with a small map. The story can be finished in 10 hours if that’s all you focus on. Doing the side quests and activities fleshes it out to around 20-25.

Project Red will be their return to large RPG inspired titles. 

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It’s a relatively short game. The sort can be finished in less than 10 hours if that’s all you focus on. Doing the side quests and activities fleshes it out to around 20-25.

Yeah I thought it must be shorter in size to chop off £20 from the usual price. I’ve had my eyes on Lords of the fallen for a while so that’s next for me next week.

35 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Yeah I thought it must be shorter in size to chop off £20 from the usual price. I’ve had my eyes on Lords of the fallen for a while so that’s next for me next week.

I’ll be keen to hear how LotF does. The first came with a lot of promise but ended up being pretty underwhelming. This one looks a lot better but we will see!

3 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

So what I done was subscribe to Ubisoft + for £14.99 for the month and downloaded it and been playing it.

It looks fantastic and feels fantastic and the story is fucking amazing so far. 

What is Basim like as a character? I really resent having to play with him after Valhalla :lol: 

4 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

So what I done was subscribe to Ubisoft + for £14.99 for the month and downloaded it and been playing it.

It looks fantastic and feels fantastic and the story is fucking amazing so far. 

That’s a smart way of getting it for £15 quid then mate. Second part of your post is quite the sell.

On 07/10/2023 at 09:40, aird said:

I've just started Odyssey. So I'll get to Mirage in a few years :lol:

AC was always the set of games I'd fly through but Origins killed that for me. 

odyssey was the best with this one im struggling to get through it, im playing it for 20 minutes then stopping the only reason i'll finish it is because its an assassins creed game and i can be stubborn about these things since ive finished all the others

Going to wait for this to drop to the £20 mark then pick it up , have read it's quite short and as @Iakona says it's more stealth orientated whereas I much prefer just going in loud, so I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy this one :lol:

Also, I sacked Valhalla off because it was taking too long to do things, but it was at a time in my life when I was barely gaming so just needed something to put up and down without a lot of time commitment. I'm back on for an hour or two each night now so might pick it up again too

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Also, I sacked Valhalla off because it was taking too long to do things, but it was at a time in my life when I was barely gaming so just needed something to put up and down without a lot of time commitment. I'm back on for an hour or two each night now so might pick it up again too

It's incredible.

The main story is fantastic and the majority of the various DLCs and extra content are great additions as well. The only ones that are a bit annoying are River Raids as it's quite repetitive and Forgotten Saga can be a bit of a pain.

But agree it's a game that is worth dedicating time too as all the various side quests add bits and pieces to it.

Valhalla and Odyssey are probably the best value for money games I've ever bought, they are simply massive with so many different things to do in it.

Finally got round to finishing it, not really a trophy completionist but I’ve only got a few more easy ones to tie up to get the platinum.

I previously said it was an 8/10 but now that I’m done I’d go with a 7/10 in reflection. Story was kinda meh and I didn’t really care for any of the characters including Basam. I was optimistic this would get better as the game went on… but it didn’t to be honest.

Few glitches but the biggest annoyance was the sticky parkour in the end. Kinda felt like a backwards step in that regards.

Overall I still had a good time with the game though, it was a welcome taste of nostalgia with a very shiney coat of paint. If you liked the older games.. it’s a safe bet you will like this.

Prologue/intro section was really good and linear but might be slipping into the usual mis-direction now that the game has officially started in Baghdad. For some reason my main objective markers get lost in multiple and that’s a problem, again. Might not finish it as I’ve got Lords of the Fallen. Done the Ubisoft+ subscription then turned off re-occurring billing just to get a shot of Mirage for a month for £15 for this reason.