Butland to replace Tav as captain according to the Daily Record

On 27/06/2024 at 10:03, Malkytfp1 said:

On paper it is a lot to replace. I am all for selling Tav especially if we're getting close to what we're rumoured to be getting. If the money is shite though I'd rather keep him and have someone else challenging him for his position at least.

Even if money is shite you'd still take it and take almost 40 grand a week off the wage bill

We can't afford 40k sitting on the bench, he'd either need to play or we waste a fuck ton of wages, both shite options

44 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Even if money is shite you'd still take it and take almost 40 grand a week off the wage bill

We can't afford 40k sitting on the bench, he'd either need to play or we waste a fuck ton of wages, both shite options

But why are we making up £40k per week?

If the focus is freeing up wages then should you not be clamouring for us to get shot of Matondo and Lawrence? There's £45 per week freed up by two players who actually contribute fuck all instead of someone who adds something.

Like I said, no brainer if we get a half decent offer for a player who's best is behind him.

26 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

But why are we making up £40k per week?

If the focus is freeing up wages then should you not be clamouring for us to get shot of Matondo and Lawrence? There's £45 per week freed up by two players who actually contribute fuck all instead of someone who adds something.

Like I said, no brainer if we get a half decent offer for a player who's best is behind him.

Yeah you'd get shot of them as well, who says we wouldnt? 

Fact is we have a massive amount of wages currently not doing heehaw, that includes tav and goldson who once again fell apart at the crucial part of the campaign