Not the same since Gerrard

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mate I'm genuinely one of these mad daft cunts who always finds a positive, the now though I can't think of anything.

Away down here on Wednesday taking two days annual leave for a friendly and genuinely have next to no feeling for the season

Also doing this and taking the oldest with me 

34 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mate I'm genuinely one of these mad daft cunts who always finds a positive, the now though I can't think of anything.

Away down here on Wednesday taking two days annual leave for a friendly and genuinely have next to no feeling for the season

It's hard going mate. Never felt this dejected before a ball was kicked. Even in the times we hit the financial troubles we still had Walter who could polish a shite and get the most out of some really average players. There's very few people I trust in our club just now. There's more at stake now than them overtaking us. Feels like our only hope for this season is them having a shocker.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They buy players in the 2-6 million quid bracket and make 10 to 20 million on a good few of them.

They move on quickly the vast majority of the ones who aren't going to value add.

We let contracts run down and keep our shittiest players on huge wages 

Players that win stuff regularly are worth more. 
Buy a player for £2m win a double treble sell for £10m

their CV in two seasons looks like four cups, two leagues and two CL appearances (no matter how short)

Borna came to us for £2.5m. Won next to nothing. At no point in his time with us would we get anymore than what we paid. Despite him being an internationalist 

Nobody is taking players off our hands during their contract because their CV is shit. Making it difficult to shift them. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Players that win stuff regularly are worth more. 
Buy a player for £2m win a double treble sell for £10m

their CV in two seasons looks like four cups, two leagues and two CL appearances (no matter how short)

Borna came to us for £2.5m. Won next to nothing. At no point in his time with us would we get anymore than what we paid. Despite him being an internationalist 

Nobody is taking players off our hands during their contract because their CV is shit. Making it difficult to shift them. 

They sign better players, with a better age profile, that teams want because they see them improving their own teams longer term. Winning stuff in Scotland isn't worth much considering how poor they've been as a team in Europe. Bassey and Patterson didn't win trebles.

No one is taking our players because they're pretty shite and on huge wages.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Honestly man, it's fucking battering shite out me coming on here everyday looking for something positive and somehow reading more negatives. 

well lets face it bud, what exactly is there to be positive about? new signings that are not fit to play in the main team, no money to sign players? same old shitty displays on the park, same ole defensive issues, dessers leading the line, players injured before the season kicks off, the displays on the park the past few games doesn't show any signs of being positive , board cock uo after cock up, ibrox not being ready amongst other issues the club has got.

we're a couple of weeks away from starting our league season and we look absolutely atrocious on the park and off it. 

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

When Gerrard left Tav, Borna, Kamara, Lundstram, Hagi, Kent & Morelos were all under contract, sellable assets who could have been sold for tens of millions more than we spent on them.

The investment we made in them under Gerrard isn’t what has fucked us, the failure to sell any of them when their stock was at its highest is, and although Gerrard fought to keep the squad together after 55 (what manager wouldn’t) the blame for the poor squad management doesn’t lay at the door of Steven Gerrard to the degree you are making it out to.

Were they sellable, because as it stands we've sold one of that list, 4 left for heehaw (only one had a credible bid) 

4 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Were they sellable, because as it stands we've sold one of that list, 4 left for heehaw (only one had a credible bid) 

Only really ever heard about Morelos bids and even then I was dubious.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Only really ever heard about Morelos bids and even then I was dubious.

The morelos one im sure defo happened, we just tried for more 

But over the years apart from likely agent leaked nonsense, we never seen a sniff of teams in for any of gerrards buys until almost a year after he left, 

Had we not got lucky with bassey and Patterson coming out the youth set up, our transfer sales for such a big spend would have been embarrassing 

16 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Honestly man, it's fucking battering shite out me coming on here everyday looking for something positive and somehow reading more negatives. 

It's hard to see any positives right now. Every last drop of enthusiasm for the new season has been shaken right out of the support. No optimism at all for me

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

It's hard to see any positives right now. Every last drop of enthusiasm for the new season has been shaken right out of the support. No optimism at all for me

John Souter is raring to go after having a wee rest because he played hunners last season 

that should cheer you up 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13198113/clarke-favour-euros-scotland-rangers-souttar/amp/

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

John Souter is raring to go after having a wee rest because he played hunners last season 

that should cheer you up 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13198113/clarke-favour-euros-scotland-rangers-souttar/amp/

That's made my day, we might win the treble after all. He's another who's not good enough to start for us

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

that should cheer you up 

So wait, you're the one that's scunnered by all negativity.  Yet a player says the rest from not being selected for the Euros is a positive on his body and somehow this isnt a good thing??? 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So wait, you're the one that's scunnered by all negativity.  Yet a player says the rest from not being selected for the Euros is a positive on his body and somehow this isnt a good thing??? 🤣🤣🤣

Just laughing at Souter saying he played “lots” of football and needed the rest. 

tisall 

He played the most games in his career in a single season last season. 

I don't think he's good enough to be a starter sadly but surely it's a good thing that he's proven he is capable playing 40+ games in a season and has had a break to freshen up?

19 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I’m scunnered with Rangers the now

Genuinely don’t know where we go from here as a football club

Im the same mate , genuinely kinda lost with it , normally I’m buzzing for the season to start , but I’m just not bothered about it , it’s a weird feeling the boards sucked all the life out the club the now, was at a corporate event at the start of July and all this stuff we were told was likely to happen hasn’t materialised