Union Bears

5 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

This was proposed to make them more visible behind the goals in the middle of stand to encourage Rangers end into singing.

They've been put slightly to the side, can't see them on TV, the Copland doesn't want to join in with what's going on, and we've effectively barriered them off from our own supporters with stewards, while people tell them to be quiet, sit down and shut the fuck up etc.

Seems a shitshow. But then it's been organised and overseen by Rangers, so what did we except?

These things take time. It will get better. FC Copenhagen started this way (Sektion 12) and they now have the entire stand. Took them 10 years. 

24 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

early days yet for the Copland I hope it takes off  and we have a section to compete with the likes of Dortmunds wall in a bit of time

:lol:

Never in a million years is that happening anywhere in British football 

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

These things take time. It will get better. FC Copenhagen started this way (Sektion 12) and they now have the entire stand. Took them 10 years. 

It’s not how British football fans are mate, there won’t be anything remotely like that in England or Scotland.

You get wee groups like the UB’s at most clubs nowadays but the majority of people don’t want to go to the football to take orders on what song to sing next or be jumping around singing when we’re chasing a goal in the last 10 minutes

European ultras are a different thing altogether to what’s in the UK

44 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s not how British football fans are mate, there won’t be anything remotely like that in England or Scotland.

You get wee groups like the UB’s at most clubs nowadays but the majority of people don’t want to go to the football to take orders on what song to sing next or be jumping around singing when we’re chasing a goal in the last 10 minutes

European ultras are a different thing altogether to what’s in the UK

I get what you are sayinng, but Copenhagen didnt have it either like they do now. Now they have a stand of around 12.000 doing it. Its pretty amazing. They have PAs installed around the front and everything. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

How is that being self entitled at all? 

I'd rather stand and have an atmosphere but the whole 'ultra'/choreographed way the UB do it is never going to take off in or support. 

It’s not anymore so than the people saying it about the UB it’s just different people wanting different things from their match day experience and digging their heels in, my comment was in response to a poster saying I was posting self entitled  bullshit for saying it was the clubs decision to move the singing  section to the CF and people will just need to get used to it or move somewhere else.  

48 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

This sort of thing won't help the rest of the stand get on board

rD6rtLA.jpeg

I got an email from Rangers Saturday night to remind me of the terms and conditions of the move, one of them was to stick to my allocated seat in the section then went to my seat yesterday and read this about unallocated seating  lol 

They were building a bit of a culture in the Broomloan with a lot of younger folk moving to that area just to be near to it all over the last decade or so and you could see it with a lot of the Broomloan standing and joining in over last few years . It's also next to the away fans which helps with the atmosphere obviously too. Even having the family stand above it was probably good for having all the weans up there joining with the claps and chants from the group and added to their match day experience especially when some of the stuff being served up on the pitch was a hard sell to kids over the years 

I get the old thing about copland being the Rangers end and broomloan forever being tainted as the celtic end because they used to get a full stand  but as many have eluded things change and Celtic no longer get the full Broomloan so why shouldn't the Broomloan have been seen as the new modern singing section of Ibrox

I have absolutely no issue with all the singing ,standing , flag waving etc personally as I go to a lot of away games domestically and in Europe so it's not that big an issue to me but sitting in the copland rear I know it's going to be quite a bit of taking to for many of the folk who have sat there for a long time and become set in their ways a bit. I think the sensible and most natural solution was to place them in middle of Broomloan and eventually have safe standing there as they had already embedded themselves well in that section of the ground over all the time they had been there 

7 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

They were building a bit of a culture in the Broomloan with a lot of younger folk moving to that area just to be near to it all over the last decade or so and you could see it with a lot of the Broomloan standing and joining in over last few years . It's also next to the away fans which helps with the atmosphere obviously too. Even having the family stand above it was probably good for having all the weans up there joining with the claps and chants from the group and added to their match day experience especially when some of the stuff being served up on the pitch was a hard sell to kids over the years 

I get the old thing about copland being the Rangers end and broomloan forever being tainted as the celtic end because they used to get a full stand  but as many have eluded things change and Celtic no longer get the full Broomloan so why shouldn't the Broomloan have been seen as the new modern singing section of Ibrox

I have absolutely no issue with all the singing ,standing , flag waving etc personally as I go to a lot of away games domestically and in Europe so it's not that big an issue to me but sitting in the copland rear I know it's going to be quite a bit of taking to for many of the folk who have sat there for a long time and become set in their ways a bit. I think the sensible and most natural solution was to place them in middle of Broomloan and eventually have safe standing there as they had already embedded themselves well in that section of the ground over all the time they had been there 

Really think it will take the whole of the copland front to be made safe standing for it to have any chance of taking off.

Doesn't the whole copland being the Rangers and singing end date back to the days of terracing and before Ibrox was completely rebuilt anyway ?

When Ibrox was rebuilt majority seated wasn't the enclosures then seen as the section where all the singing and everything happened as it was still the only terraced part for a while ?  

Since the 2000s anyway the Broomloan has always been the area where different groups have been situated and made major work at improving the atmosphere and Tifos displays etc from the blue order to the union bears 

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Doesn't the whole copland being the Rangers and singing end date back to the days of terracing and before Ibrox was completely rebuilt anyway ?

When Ibrox was rebuilt majority seated wasn't the enclosures then seen as the section where all the singing and everything happened as it was still the only terraced part for a while ?  

Since the 2000s anyway the Broomloan has always been the area where different groups have been situated and made major work at improving the atmosphere and Tifos displays etc from the blue order to the union bears 

UB started in the Copland, and have wanted to return for a long time, even had the survey when we were in the lower leagues though.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

UB started in the Copland, and have wanted to return for a long time, even had the survey when we were in the lower leagues though.r 

Yeah I remember them starting up there. They were still relatively small as a group from what I remember back then or at least not anywhere near the presence they are now 

The lower leagues would have been the perfect time to do it to be honest 

Just think now after all those years in the Broomloan it's going to take a good while for them to replicate what they had going in there unless a major change like safe standing happens 

33 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

UB started in the Copland, and have wanted to return for a long time, even had the survey when we were in the lower leagues though.

I think if this change was implemented when we went to the lower leagues, it would've taken hold by now.

I.e everybody round about etc would have moved closer, non singers away etc.

Like Johan said above, this needs a bedding in period, should've bit the bullet back then, safe standing right across CF, boom there's your dinner.

Always late to the party tho.

Thought the Frankfurt fans were more impressive with what to wear . 

They must have found out beforehand , but whatever top the team were playing with that day, the whole support at their end were wearing it too .

4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I get what you are sayinng, but Copenhagen didnt have it either like they do now. Now they have a stand of around 12.000 doing it. Its pretty amazing. They have PAs installed around the front and everything. 

Won’t happen in the UK mate, it’s not how the average supporter here is wired to think when it comes to going to the football.

Was pretty evident that the majority of ST holders in the Copland have no desire for it either just watching the game yesterday 

British football fans are reactionary. I've seen Ibrox bouncing against Hibs before when it was a big game or we were battering them, the likes of yesterday which was a run of the mill game where we were off form will never get '100% participation' that they want from everyone in the stand. 

13 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

British football fans are reactionary. I've seen Ibrox bouncing against Hibs before when it was a big game or we were battering them, the likes of yesterday which was a run of the mill game where we were off form will never get '100% participation' that they want from everyone in the stand. 

Fair play to the UB’s for singing no matter what’s happening on the pitch. I have no idea how they gather the will power to continue singing and jumping around when we are losing a game or on the verge of exiting a cup. 

I mind looking at them when we went 2-0 down against celtic in April before half time and they were still singing and I was standing wishing I didn’t even like football 

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Fair play to the UB’s for singing no matter what’s happening on the pitch. I have no idea how they gather the will power to continue singing and jumping around when we are losing a game or on the verge of exiting a cup. 

I mind looking at them when we went 2-0 down against celtic in April before half time and they were still singing and I was standing wishing I didn’t even like football 

I think it's bizarre. Singing defiantly I respect but the linking up singing ole ole stuff in that scenario is mind boggling to me.