Board, Manager & Players

Loyal72

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Have the Parks decided they aren't putting anymore money in. 

Why do we need to go through another difficult period Dave? 

He and that board know the answer.

Stupid decisions and incompetence since we won the league has put us here. 

Unfortunately for us rather than accept it they'll just double down. King backing Bennett shows that.

26 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He and that board know the answer.

Stupid decisions and incompetence since we won the league has put us here. 

Unfortunately for us rather than accept it they'll just double down. King backing Bennett shows that.

The journalists should be asking that question tho. No blame just come out and speak the truth. It's only the fans that suffer with this shite. 

1 league title and they'll fold like a pack of cards remember that Dave what happened. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

The journalists should be asking that question tho. No blame just come out and speak the truth. It's only the fans that suffer with this shite. 

1 league title and they'll fold like a pack of cards remember that Dave what happened. 

Journalist could ask the question but no chance they'll answer it. They would fob it off.

As for the fold like a pack of cards. It was unfortunately us that folded not them. We absolutely fucked any advantage we got from winning 55. 

5 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Agreed, and that's where we as fans need to draw a line in the sand, because we can't keep sacking managers, we need to find someone we can trust to develop the players and allow them leeway when things aren't going well, because development comes with setbacks.

I don't know if Clement is that man, but if the club truly believe he is, and there's clear improvement in those young players, then we can't turn on him if he's not winning Honours in the immediate future, we've fucked things up so badly that the only realistic way out of this is long term planning  while also accepting we'll have plenty of potential for short-term pain.

Which young players have improved?

What a joke. This board have run the club into the ground over the past few years, we have to put up with horrendous performances most weeks, players who are nowhere near good enough continue to be picked and they choose to target fans instead. Get every one of them to fuck. Wish to hell an investor would take us over. 

On 08/09/2024 at 00:22, The Beast said:

Which young players have improved?

I never said any have, I was listing questions you'd need to ask when assessing where we are under a guy we'll be putting faith in to rebuild a young squad, into one capable of being the best in Scotland.

On 07/09/2024 at 19:12, RossS1873 said:

Yeah! It's not an overnight thing. It should have started with the sale of Morelos and Kent, it didn't. It should have started with the sales of Patterson and Bassey, it didn't and it's just back to square one

We sold Patterson and bassey and aribo and got CL football that very same august lol

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

We sold Patterson and bassey and aribo and got CL football that very same august lol

I know, I didn't word it very well. What I meant to say was that should have been the platform to kick start this model with a huge cash injection over a 6 month period, with those 3 sales, the EL run then the CL entry but we're 2 years on from that summer and we're realistically 3 or 4 steps back from that point

On 07/09/2024 at 23:30, BlueKnight87 said:

Journalist could ask the question but no chance they'll answer it. They would fob it off.

As for the fold like a pack of cards. It was unfortunately us that folded not them. We absolutely fucked any advantage we got from winning 55. 

Tbh i dont think we had the ability that season to do much more, once the CL was gone after malmo, it was basically praying that the squad could sneak another title win for auto CL money, and stop them getting it, but they simply blew us out the water financially and its a bastard but after watching lennon wreck everything they built i doubt they'll ever make that mistake again

2 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

I know, I didn't word it very well. What I meant to say was that should have been the platform to kick start this model with a huge cash injection over a 6 month period, with those 3 sales, the EL run then the CL entry but we're 2 years on from that summer and we're realistically 3 or 4 steps back from that point

Yeah we defo are, tbh once we lost the title but made seville, that summer we should have written off a season or two and started the clear out and rebuild, but short term thinking of trying to match a more financially solid team has absolutely fucked us

Then we gave beale the clubs visa card....... 

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Yeah we defo are, tbh once we lost the title but made seville, that summer we should have written off a season or two and started the clear out and rebuild, but short term thinking of trying to match a more financially solid team has absolutely fucked us

Then we gave beale the clubs visa card....... 

The way its fucked us I think Beale bought the players on fucking Klarna never mind Visa

11 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Tbh i dont think we had the ability that season to do much more, once the CL was gone after malmo, it was basically praying that the squad could sneak another title win for auto CL money, and stop them getting it, but they simply blew us out the water financially and its a bastard but after watching lennon wreck everything they built i doubt they'll ever make that mistake again

Unfortunately I don't see it either. 

That means we're going have to build longer term as we don't have the money to go and match them. 

That requires a manager that can compete with a smaller budget, and boardroom maximising as much of our resources as we can. 

I have my reservations with Clement just now. But know for sure this board isn't fit to carry us forward.

From the daily record...

Charity regulator's year-long probe into Kibble as Jim Gillespie touted for a move to Rangers

It can be revealed that regulator OSCR is continuing to look into Kibble months after a series of inconsistencies included in a failed funding application was brought to its attention.

The charity regulator has confirmed it is in the midst of a near year-long probe into Kibble as speculation grows over the future of its chief executive.

The Sun on Sunday revealed on August 18 how the Kibble boss and vice-chairman of St Mirren Jim Gillespie is tipped to take on one of the biggest jobs in Scottish football as the CEO of Rangers.

However, the Paisley Daily Express can reveal that regulator OSCR is continuing to look into Kibble months after a series of inconsistencies included in a failed funding application was brought to its attention.

The application sought £2.65 million from the Scottish Government’s regeneration capital grant fund (RCGF) in order to build a £13.4m wellbeing centre in Paisley's Ferguslie Park.

But that application – submitted with Renfrewshire Council in 2022 – had substantive inaccuracies. On Friday, officials at OSCR said a host of information has been “risk assessed” in line with its procedures and confirmed it has since launched an inquiry.

A spokesperson said: “OSCR applies a consistent risk assessment approach to all concerns and information indicating a concern about a charity. We explain this in our inquiry policy."

"We are currently making inquiries into Kibble education and care centre and are in communication with the charity to obtain information to further our inquiries. This process is ongoing and it would not be appropriate for us to comment further at this time.”

The contents of the RCGF application garnered nationwide attention last summer when it emerged Kibble wrongly claimed it was working with St Mirren FC Charitable Foundation to further its plans for the proposed centre.

Questions were also raised over an area of land owned by St Mirren FC and whether or not Kibble had cited it as a potential location for the proposed facility.

In the intervening months, Mr Gillespie and colleague Mark MacMillan, who represent Kibble on the St Mirren FC board, launched a defamation case against former director Alan Wardrop.

The pair were granted an interim interdict against Mr Wardrop following claims by him that they had acted dishonestly regarding the outline application to build the children’s welfare centre in Paisley.

It is currently unclear whether or not the OSCR probe has been extended to look at that case.

However, Kibble has vehemently denied any wrongdoing and argues St Mirren FC-owned land was included in its funding application in error; that it merely sought to indicate one of the many brownfield sites in the area.

The charity declined to comment when approached by the Paisley Daily Express.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What, 2 weeks? :lol:

Guy reeks of charlatan. Fit right in with the rest.

OK mate how's about we judge him on what he does for Rangers if and when he takes up his position. 

That article is old news am sure it's in the ceo thread somewhere. 

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

OK mate how's about we judge him on what he does for Rangers if and when he takes up his position. 

That article is old news am sure it's in the ceo thread somewhere. 

Wouldn't say 2 weeks ago is old news but each to their own. 

Whoever is the next CEO will have zero room for fuck ups. Either he knows how to run a club our size or he can fuck off.