So, is it Hemdani just for away games and for European games?

Boab

I thought Barry and KT held things together well today, are they enough for the SPL/Scotland generally? Ie: Is this what you and Walt are thinkng?

But, if Walt did prefer Brahim for away games and Euro games, would he then become an expensive luxury or a player we should have, anyway as we need different types of players? I mean, if we have different types of attacking players, then why not midfielders?

Was going to post this as a thread but seeing as you have already made one i will post in here.

Hemdani left Ibrox at 2:15 today looking very angry. He wasn't wearing any club colours either, just casual clothes. Whether it was because he was dropped or if there is something else i don't know. But that is what happened. This is a fact, i will say nothing more because it would be purely speculation.

We should be playing with 2 defensive midfielder esp at home!

Have to disagree, sorry.

At home we should be pushing the opposition back to their own half and keeping them there with an attacking midfield.

Being too defensive encourages attack from the other side.

I for one am pretty damn happy hemdani's been dropped for these games. It simply is just a waste of a potential player who can come on and actually create something. I would go as far to say that hemdani should be dropped for all games in the SPL.

The only reason i would think to play him is the tough away ties in Europe, and i emphasise tough btw. Even against the tic i think a central partnership of barry and thomson can set about their midfield no problems. Its fair to say i would bit derby's hand off if they offered anything over 1 mil for him.

The thing is though i don't think we can afford to get rid of hemdani and not bring in another guy who could do his job against tough european competition. A certain Julien Brellier springs to mind but afraid its a bit late. Any other suggestions

I think he may be, Boab. Thats certainly the role I would use him for.

At home, we simply don't need him. Like today, he can be sacraficed for a Striker.

I can't believe the stick he gets from fans sometimes, our POTY last year and he does get so much shit. He has never let us down and against RSB I felt he was our best midfielder. I just like how calm he is generally, and he has never let us down. I think he will play in europe if we do keep hold of him, Walter will play 451 sometimes in the SPL and I think he will get a game then as well. Our home matches in scotland should alwyas be 442 though and in that case I would keep him on the bench, or due to the under 21 rule maybe not in the 1st 16. Time will tell on this.

We should be playing with 2 defensive midfielder esp at home!

Have to disagree, sorry.

At home we should be pushing the opposition back to their own half and keeping them there with an attacking midfield.

Being too defensive encourages attack from the other side.

I think it was a typo :craphead:

Im a big fan of Hemdani he goes about his business in the right way, does his job and by all accounts is a consumate pro although Thomson was excellent yesterday. Heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago about him moving to Derby but nothing confirmed. If he did go we wud have 2 go n buy another central midfielder and no-1 springs to mind.

Despite the rumours I don't believe Hemdani will be sold (just my opinion). We're already a bit light in cover for central midfield, compared to other areas of the team. Anybody's got their price I suppose but I don't believe anyone will bid big money for him.

Despite the rumours I don't believe Hemdani will be sold (just my opinion). We're already a bit light in cover for central midfield, compared to other areas of the team. Anybody's got their price I suppose but I don't believe anyone will bid big money for him.

Kinda agree with this.

THomson may lose form or be injured in which case Hemdani will be needed. Not much between them any way and WS could rotate them to some extent too.

I still would like to see a class central midfielder signed who can play killer passes and also win balls.

not much between them? thomson aint afraid to have a dig and will run from one end of the pitch to the other to get a tackle in(wont see hemdani doin this too much). thomson and hemdani go about doing their business differently but have the same outcome tho, but thomson is the young scot though and is left footed and is just a completely better option than hemdani hands down. If we sold hemdani, we should be looking at getting a decent enough replacement in that offers something different in the centre of the park

I think we need a Hemdani type player for tought European matches whether it is at Ibrox or away, as for the SPL I think we do need him for some matches away from home where we might have to be a bit more defensive depending on the opposition, and Hemdani is good playing in front of the back four, he showed that against RSB.

We talk about needing strength in depth if that's the case then we need Hemdani.

Guest therabbitt

I think we have to try and keep him, if Thommo gets injured then we dont have an automatic or 'natural' replacement, unless Buffel comes back in as an attacking central midfielder, his best role IMO and Barry would cover the deep lying role (which would be counterproductive given his early season form), but I suppose it is all about options. Maybe Dean Furman is closer to the first team than many of his peers in the reserves?