READY

Boab

Give Us Your Best

By Emma Dodds in Belgrade

DAVID WEIR insists Rangers are ready to cope with anything Red Star Belgrade have to offer tomorrow night and is confident the visitors can book their place in the Champions League proper.David Weir in Serbia

The Light Blues arrived in Serbia this morning for their second leg clash and passed through Belgrade airport without incident, despite warnings of a hostile reception from the locals.

Tomorrow night will be a different proposition in the Red Star stadium, home to some of the most volatile football fans in Europe, but Weir admits Gers will not fazed by the crowd.

After extending their unbeaten run against Killie on Saturday, Walter Smith's men have every reason to be optimistic of protecting the 1-0 lead and with so much competition for places Weir insists everyone is on top form.

He said: "We're quietly confident of going through. We're not going over there shouting our mouths off because we know we have to go out and do it on the pitch.

"We realise we will have to play very well tomorrow night but we've had a decent start to the season and as a group we are ready.

"I am sure it will be a hostile environment. It's a big game for them, as it is for us and their fans will be right behind them trying to create an intimidating atmosphere.

"It means everything to be playing in this tournament, the Champions League is the top level, there's no doubt in my mind and as a player you want to test yourself at that level.

"It's a massive game for us there's no getting away from it because tomorrow we can book our place in the group stage.David Weir against Zeta

"We have great options in the squad now and it's excellent for us.

"Darche came on against Kilmarnock and changed the game, he showed what he is capable of and set a standard.

"It's clear already what a good signing he is going to be for Rangers and we have a lot of options up front now.

"Kris Boyd's record speaks for itself, he's been back to his old self recently and banging the goals in during training too, so that's a good choice for us to have.

"Daniel Cousin also has a big presence and with Nacho Novo, Lee McCulloch, Chris Burke too the manager has a nice headache."

This is going to be one of the most satifying victories in a wihle. Can't stand these dirty bastards -- and the comments in the papers from these idiots is well out of order -- and they will backfire imho.

As Big Davie says "We'll do our talking on the pitch". Well said big man.

edit: Forgot to add.. Having a guy with Davie's experience can only help us in this match...

This is going to be one of the most satifying victories in a wihle. Can't stand these dirty bastards -- and the comments in the papers from these idiots is well out of order -- and they will backfire imho.

As Big Davie says "We'll do our talking on the pitch". Well said big man.

edit: Forgot to add.. Having a guy with Davie's experience can only help us in this match...

Yes - Anyway we get through is a WIN - and WIN we must - so WE WILL

I think Red Star may win by one goal, but WE WILL PROGRESS.

I think it may well take more than one goal to finish these guys off (hope I'm wrong there), but I also feel our boys will be well up for this challenge.

If we don't come out on fire after all the cr*p that's been said by the Red Star Brigade, then something is seriously wrong.

Early goal will rattle them, got to go for it ? :sherlock:

An early goal would be just dandy but failing that I'd love to see them get an early red card, even if one of our players has to be a bit "cute" as the pundits would say!! I don't normally favour that sort of behaviour but there's something about those dirty bassas that says they're asking for it.