Thomson - what does he do?

J_RFC87

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything a central midfielder should do. Pass well, shoot well, a great tackler and decent defensively. I prefer him to Hemdani (tu)

agreed and thomson has that extra dig about him and is younger, has more to learn, sure hemdani is more experienced but id prefer thomson in the team any day over hemdani

Pound for pound you get more out of Thomson than Hemdani.

No one is more composed than Hemdani and he had a great game.

Although he isnt as interested as Thomson etc anymore

how isn't he as interested? surely if he had a great game then he is? :craphead:

Thomson has a similar role to Hemdani however, he can run forward and attack, unlike the aforementioned.

I find Hemdani a very good player in European matches, however, domestically, I find he is easily pushed off the ball and not suited for our quick, aggressive game. If he leaves, we will miss him in Europe, but if that's the only matches he will be played in, can you see him wanting to stay?

I am not denying that Hemdani played well or gives his commitment.

He has been here a few seasons now and all the speculation etc. sometimes a players time comes.....

But Thomson like i said over the course of a season gives a lot more than Hemdani its a no brainer,

Eric_Caldow - Least somebody sees things correctly. Thomson in the whole is a bigger asset.

I am not denying that Hemdani played well or gives his commitment.

He has been here a few seasons now and all the speculation etc. sometimes a players time comes.....

But Thomson like i said over the course of a season gives a lot more than Hemdani its a no brainer,

Eric_Caldow - Least somebody sees things correctly. Thomson in the whole is a bigger asset.

not in europe, IMO

They are both good players but a little different in their games.

With his experience Hemdani is a little bit ahead IMO, especially in Europe.

Apart from Europe its difficult to see the need for both in the same team except maybe at CP. In the SPL Thomson has an edge due to the different style of play.

Both will stay at RFC and help the team IMO.

thomson obviously does what the gaffer asks him, the same gaffer of which many of us are congratulating on a successful night in european competition, are we to start questioning watty on his picks tonight, if he was that rotten he'd surely have been subb'd, its not like we used all of them tonight!

Well Ryan in your opinion Hemdani was 10x better so in my opinion your opinion is complete bullsh*t

:classier_than_pipeguy:

So now we are judging Thomson on a few games in Europe where in fact against Zeta he performed very well....

Hemdani done the job that was asked of him tonight, Thomson did the same.

In my opinion both players could play there.

Where ?

Well, ask Walter. :lol:

Thomson has that ability to read and break down the opposition attack. He doesn't take prisoners and is basicaly the engine room in midfield. For my money, he is the next Rangers captain (whenever that may be).

Thomson would have to raise his game by quite a bit to get to the level of Hemdani. He lacks the awareness and composure of Hemdani as well as the passing sense and ability at the moment. Just look at the number of times he loses the ball or, for example, last night when Thomson put his team mates into difficulty with badly thought out and executed passes.

Even domestically he has to improve, St Mirren ran the midfield for long periods against us and Latapy at 40 had better pace and movement.

Thomson has to learn that more is needed at our level than that he was used to at Hibs. Hopefully he will learn to take on what is needed and impose himself consistently through the games.

Thomson would have to raise his game by quite a bit to get to the level of Hemdani. He lacks the awareness and composure of Hemdani as well as the passing sense and ability at the moment. Just look at the number of times he loses the ball or, for example, last night when Thomson put his team mates into difficulty with badly thought out and executed passes.

Even domestically he has to improve, St Mirren ran the midfield for long periods against us and Latapy at 40 had better pace and movement.

Thomson has to learn that more is needed at our level than that he was used to at Hibs. Hopefully he will learn to take on what is needed and impose himself consistently through the games.

(tu)

I still can't see a valid reason for the usefulness of Thomson right now in the first team.

And Eric Caldow - I watch, play and live for football and Rangers. You could say the thread was sarcastic.

Thomson is more of an old-fashioned orthodox midfielder.

Neither a holiding player or an attacking player, he does everything that needs to be done in the engine room. He works hard, defends well, gets forward as often as he can and his passing is usually fine.

He's 23 in October and he can only only get better alongside Ferguson (and Hemdani hopefully). Same goes for Whittaker.

Well Ryan in your opinion Hemdani was 10x better so in my opinion your opinion is complete bullsh*t

:classier_than_pipeguy:

So now we are judging Thomson on a few games in Europe where in fact against Zeta he performed very well....

he's a better player than thomson in europe. I don't think aynone could argue that point, can they? <cr>

I rate hemdani higher, think he is class and offers more to us. Barry should be the more attacking midfielder but he refuses to, thomson is young and should keep improving over the years but hemdani would be in my starting 11 every week.