Half Time Shenanigans At Tannadice...

bigmarvloyal

If anyone has any evidence or information surrounding a ban Northern Ireland national flags rule/campaign would you please forward you're information . This if proved to be accurate will be a last stand for myself and im sure many others who have just had enough of this victimization. How far do we let this dilution of all things Rangers / protestant / British by our enemies go?

i would urge anyone who was treated in this way to contact their MP. while i am no friend of the orange element amongst the rangers fanbase, you can't be denying people the right to wave a bit of cloth around. plod oversteppeth his authority, i feel.

Depends who your MP is :rolleyes:

It's starting to get beyond a fuckin joke and of course the silence from Murray is deafening..We have thousands of season ticket holders come from Ulster home and away yet they are treated like this for flying their flag.

You know something,tjis could be just 1 step too far and i think it's time to stand up and fight back.

The lads from Ulster should make a 50ftx50ft Red Hand and bring it over and we'll fly it at the Lyon game.

RAGIN :angry2:

Murray gives interviews to graham spiers ... nuff said doh

If anyone has any evidence or information surrounding a ban Northern Ireland national flags rule/campaign would you please forward you're information . This if proved to be accurate will be a last stand for myself and im sure many others who have just had enough of this victimization. How far do we let this dilution of all things Rangers / protestant / British by our enemies go?

Unfortunately I've only got my girlfriend's word for it that she was asked to take NI flags off folks. I'll ask her to have a look in all her paperwork guff about what was allowed at the games or not but it was about a year ago so I'm not sure she'll have kept it and to be honest I don't think it's the kind of thing they'd put in print.

She did come home raging that day though. Now the game wasn't Hibs v the Gers (I couldn't imagine them trying it with Gers fans) but she was definitely told by the polis that any Ulster flags were sectarian and that anyone in the ground with one should have it taken off them. When she asked about the Tricolor she was told that was ok as was the Union Jack AND England flags.

I've always assumed that it happened because of over zealous policing on the day but it now seems to have happened again and the club MUST stamp it out right now.

Yet tri-colours are allowed to be proudly flown from the home end :rolleyes: and a couple them close to the West Stand had ROI tops on aswell WTF has that got to do with Dundee Utd <cr> As for Northern Ireland flag its jsut a joke and as people say its going to be a crime to support Rangers. I was wondering what it was all about at half time cause there was alot of booing and some furious people having a go at 4 or 5 plod

Still trying to source where this action by the police was instigated from and what their explanation for it was, but it may be that they will hit us with a lot of bollocks about the ulster flag not being the official flag of N.I. ?

Technically its not the official flag as it was the official flag of the government of N.I. until that government was abolished in 1973. That just wont wash and will be easily challenged if and when necessary, besides the flag is used throughout europe and the world by official sporting bodies most notably UEFA and FIFA.

The perpetrators of trying to incite further conflict with Rangers fans are very foolish if they are to continue with this direction of assault on N.I rangers fans as there are many emblems and symbols being prostituted by celtic fans which can and will be deemed offensive if necessary, many of which a lot of people will be unaware of the true origins and meanings

I am not a protagonist of this type of tit for tat jousting but neither will i sit back and allow such a one sided and sectarian campaign continue unopposed.

Still trying to source where this action by the police was instigated from and what their explanation for it was, but it may be that they will hit us with a lot of bollocks about the ulster flag not being the official flag of N.I. ?

Technically its not the official flag as it was the official flag of the government of N.I. until that government was abolished in 1973. That just wont wash and will be easily challenged if and when necessary, besides the flag is used throughout europe and the world by official sporting bodies most notably UEFA and FIFA.

The perpetrators of trying to incite further conflict with Rangers fans are very foolish if they are to continue with this direction of assault on N.I rangers fans as there are many emblems and symbols being prostituted by celtic fans which can and will be deemed offensive if necessary, many of which a lot of people will be unaware of the true origins and meanings

I am not a protagonist of this type of tit for tat jousting but neither will i sit back and allow such a one sided and sectarian campaign continue unopposed.

respect to you and thousands of bears will help you in the fight. (tu)

AGREED 100%

Yet tri-colours are allowed to be proudly flown from the home end :rolleyes: and a couple them close to the West Stand had ROI tops on aswell WTF has that got to do with Dundee Utd <cr> As for Northern Ireland flag its jsut a joke and as people say its going to be a crime to support Rangers. I was wondering what it was all about at half time cause there was alot of booing and some furious people having a go at 4 or 5 plod

They were Dundee Hibernian before they were DU and these plastic paddy toerags will always cling on to any shite to wind us up, we should be doin what their doin and complain that these flags and strips are inflammatory, this cunt Kenny Scott needs to be doin more, maybe he worked with them to long and has went native. We are gonna riot at one of these games and thats what they want ? If the RST want to do something positive take this one up now ?? :sherlock:

i was seated in the curiously named fair play stand on sunday and the guy behind me had his flag confiscated by the police, the flag they took off him was not a red hand of ulster flag but the flag of the northern ireland football association, what offence that could cause to anyone i dont know!!!!!

As far as I am concerned, there is absolutely no excuse for not allowing this flag. The last time I looked at a map, N.I. was a part of the British Isles, they use a British passport so where is the problem in having the flag.

It seem s nowadays that it depends on which ground you go to dictates what you can and can't do. WHY? Does the same laws not apply to every town in Britain?

Time this was sorted out once and for all and not left to all these a..e holes who make the rules up as they go along. Rangers have said many times this flag is welcome at Ibrox so why not every ground?

Yet tri-colours are allowed to be proudly flown from the home end :rolleyes: and a couple them close to the West Stand had ROI tops on aswell WTF has that got to do with Dundee Utd

They have Irish origins, they were originally Dundee Harp.

So it is OK to celebrate origins by waving a foreign flag.

But it would be sectarian to fly the flag of part of the UK.

I hope more and more of you can see what is going on here.