***The Official Barcelona v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is, we're losing and there's basically feck all for us to complain about :lol:.

Barcelona are just too good!

As I say I haven't seen the game but I would have thought a team that can go to Lyon and win 3-0 should be doing better than 2 goals down at half time here, unless the Nou Camp has just sapped their confidence

Barca are lot better than Lyon though. Ronaldinho, Henry and Messi have all played really well and there is nothing that our defenders can do to stop them.

im not overly impressed by the shutting down and marking, but then again i don't think i could mark any of those lads :D

Puyol, Abidal, Thuram, Milto, Toure, Xavi and Inesta have yet to beat a Rangers player.

They just get the ball, pass it around and give it to Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho in the final 3rd of the park and they glide past players for fun.

Their passing and moving is a joy to watch.

There is no shame in losing 3-4 to Barcelona, they are a far superior side to Rangers its as simple as that

im not overly impressed by the shutting down and marking, but then again i don't think i could mark any of those lads :D

Puyol, Abidal, Thuram, Milto, Toure, Xavi and Inesta have yet to beat a Rangers player.

They just get the ball, pass it around and give it to Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho in the final 3rd of the park and they glide past players for fun.

Their passing and moving is a joy to watch.

There is no shame in losing 3-4 to Barcelona, they are a far superior side to Rangers its as simple as that

Exactly the team isnt barca its HENRY, RONALDINHO AND MESSI..thats it

Disapointed by the positioning of Papac at times!

Why is he drifting inside when there is no need to? leaving the left wing side open!

Overall we have kept our shape, apart from that first goal!

Nothing we could realy complain about regarding the second though!!!

We need to come out fighting in the second half and close them down quicker,let them know they are in a game!!

C'mon the Rangers! Get intae Them!!!!

Papac and Hutton have to tuck in to help out the centre backs. If your looking for someone to blame wheres McCulloch? If Beasley can help Hutton, McCulloch can help Papac.

Yes i agree that the full backs have to tuck in, but if you watch Papac he gets caught up ball watching and drifts inside leaving the area wide open!!

The first goal is an example of that, there was enough cover in the middle at the time!!

McCulloch was already commited in the centre tracking back and i am sure Papac was,or should have been ,aware of that!

I would like to see us start laying them out with some crushing (but fair) challenges.

That's the problem with modern football it's harder to do that now. It would certainly be a perfect tactic since Barca wouldn't want their best players injured and they would certainly back off if we started that.

I would like to see us start laying them out with some crushing (but fair) challenges.

That's the problem with modern football it's harder to do that now. It would certainly be a perfect tactic since Barca wouldn't want their best players injured and they would certainly back off if we started that.

We would need to get close to their players first of all.

Lets walk before we can run

The problem is, we're losing and there's basically feck all for us to complain about :lol:.

Barcelona are just too good!

As I say I haven't seen the game but I would have thought a team that can go to Lyon and win 3-0 should be doing better than 2 goals down at half time here, unless the Nou Camp has just sapped their confidence

Barca are lot better than Lyon though. Ronaldinho, Henry and Messi have all played really well and there is nothing that our defenders can do to stop them.

they are an incredible side and its a huge challenge for our guys to compete at that level. The great thing is, provided the result doesn't get too ugly, it will at least educate our guys and hopefully give them a hunger to improve. :rangers: