***The Official Barcelona v Rangers Thread***

Muff

What a rubbish team you are! I bet you're proud, call yourself a football team, If I were a Gers (what the hell sort of a nickname is that anyway????) fan I'd be bloody ashamed.

Shame on Rangers for not only that "performance" but also for destroying our beautiful city with your mindless drunkenness!!

not theman now are you, ya fucking twat ? Goodbye :)BANNED

Guess there's really no real need to taunt him, as his life is obviously sad enough without adding to his misery. :D

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so we got beat by Barcelona, a team whose 3 star players are worth more than our entire squad. A lot of people expected it, some (including me) hoped we could snatch a point, didn't happen so there's nothing surprising or shocking about that.

Positive thing is: Stuttgart got beat by Lyon. This means if Barcelona beat Lyon and we win in Stuttgart we're in the last 16.

And that's all that matters to me, this game (and the first game at Ibrox as well perhaps) was just an extra for the fans and the players to enjoy some world famous players in action.

Let's look forward to the Stuttgart-game, as this one is infintely more important than the 2 Barcelona-games.

1-2 to the Bears and last 16 here we come.

WATP.

What a rubbish team you are! I bet you're proud, call yourself a football team, If I were a Gers (what the hell sort of a nickname is that anyway????) fan I'd be bloody ashamed.

Shame on Rangers for not only that "performance" but also for destroying our beautiful city with your mindless drunkenness!!

not theman now are you, ya fucking twat ? Goodbye :)BANNED

Guess there's really no real need to taunt him, as his life is obviously sad enough without adding to his misery. :D

Much like the ones at the game tonight waving their tricklecolours. Sad pathetic giro hugging tato munchers

Fuck me is Wattie going for it?

No he just took off our best offensive player and kept out the most anonymous (McCulloch).

Have just read the whole thread from page 18 after watching the game in the living room.

Saved the address for this post above, as I agreed as I went through it.

Would post my thouhgts on the game but have a sore head.

Quite a depressing match tbh.

The energy from our 3 previous CL games was gone, and tbh we looked out of our depth for large spells of the first half, and for the entirety of the second.

We did nothing going forward, not managing a shot on target till 82 minutes.

Barca didn't play THAT well - they simply did enough and found it easy against us mainly because far too many of our guys didn't do the business today.

If we can go to France and crush Lyon, we can play a HELL of a lot better than we did tonight. We looked scared and while any points from this game were to be a bonus, it is disappointing that we hardly did ourselves justice. We might not have disgraced ourselves, but I firmly believe that show in France displays what we can be, and we didn't come close to it tonight.

Hutton and Cuellar were our best players, Hutton more or less affirming himself as the best RB around right now.

But Ferguson had another anonymous display in which he simply couldn't get on the ball and couldn't dictate anything. Hemdani was good for spells in the first half, and drifted away in the second.

I feel a real empty disappointment. We lost with a whimper tonight.

No he just took off our best offensive player and kept out the most anonymous (McCulloch).

Have just read the whole thread from page 18 after watching the game in the living room.

Your constant sniping at McCulloch is giving me one too.

You've become worse than pb and his hatred of Boyd.

Quite a depressing match tbh.

The energy from our 3 previous CL games was gone, and tbh we looked out of our depth for large spells of the first half, and for the entirety of the second.

We did nothing going forward, not managing a shot on target till 82 minutes.

Barca didn't play THAT well - they simply did enough and found it easy against us mainly because far too many of our guys didn't do the business today.

If we can go to France and crush Lyon, we can play a HELL of a lot better than we did tonight. We looked scared and while any points from this game were to be a bonus, it is disappointing that we hardly did ourselves justice. We might not have disgraced ourselves, but I firmly believe that show in France displays what we can be, and we didn't come close to it tonight.

Hutton and Cuellar were our best players, Hutton more or less affirming himself as the best RB around right now.

But Ferguson had another anonymous display in which he simply couldn't get on the ball and couldn't dictate anything. Hemdani was good for spells in the first half, and drifted away in the second.

I feel a real empty disappointment. We lost with a whimper tonight.

My sentiments exactly Danny.

Had to read that again, a sore head! That's more than just the gamefor me tbh.

Well, anonymous and McCulloch are words are words that have went together a few times unfortunately this season.

I did praise him to a small extent in page 17 or 18 in this thread I recall

Well, anonymous and McCulloch are words are words that have went together a few times unfortunately this season.

That was nice of you!

Anonymous and Ferguson have also gone together more than once this season. LM is not the only guilty one of that.

OMG... some people are just sad!!!

why did they bother to show up?? they could apologize and hand Barca the game... what a sorry excuse for a team.. even Levante show a better character

This is a Barcelona fan, well what the fuck do they expect....we are Rangers not bloody Real Madrid!!!!!

Anyway I was a little disappointed tonight but what can we expect against the best club team in the world, so that makes me feel a little better.

Hatred of Boyd? :unsure:Kind of drawing your own conclusions there guy,I've never met the lad and chances are I would like him fine if I ever did meet him.

There is no secret that I certainly don't fancy him as a footballer.But hatred? get real. ;)

That was nice of you!

Cheers

Anonymous and Ferguson have also gone together more than once this season. LM is not the only guilty one of that.

But we spent on 2.5 million on Lee which gives us perhaps even more cause to question.

Nevertheless, if that was anybody critiscing Lee but not me...(And no I don't mean Danny has a vendetta against me)

why did they bother to show up?? they could apologize and hand Barca the game... what a sorry excuse for a team.. even Levante show a better character

This is a Barcelona fan, well what the fuck do they expect....we are Rangers not bloody Real Madrid!!!!!

Anyway I was a little disappointed tonight but what can we expect against the best club team in the world, so that makes me feel a little better.

I dunno Andy. We treated them way too much like " the best club team in the world" for my taste. Scr*w their reputation and their talent, I would have liked to have seen far more passion and fight from us tonight.

we will move on Andy, tonight was always going to be difficult.

Just disappointing we didnt perform as we should.

Hatred of Boyd? :unsure:Kind of drawing your own conclusions there guy,I've never met the lad and chances are I would like him fine if I ever did meet him.

There is no secret that I certainly don't fancy him as a footballer.But hatred? get real. ;)

This isn't about personality, don't be flippant.

But we spent on 2.5 million on Lee which gives us perhaps even more cause to question.

Nevertheless, if that was anybody critiscing Lee but not me...(And no I don't mean Danny has a vendetta against me)

I think you mean exactly that!

And of course I do on this issue!

Whenever anyone say anything about him you reply negatively.

And whenever anyone criticises Gow you attack them.

You gotta admit it's a pretty open and shut case.

we will move on Andy, tonight was always going to be difficult.

Just disappointing we didnt perform as we should.

Yeah we will move on as far as I'm concerned we will win in Germany and Barcelona will win in France and we will be through (Just to piss off all the Barca fans that are getting ripped into us saying we are a disgrace ect)

Whenever anyone say anything about him you reply negatively.

And whenever anyone criticises Gow you attack them.

You gotta admit it's a pretty open and shut case.

Folk are actually used to me gettin on at big lee as I've done it for so long and so its probably like water off a duck's back for some people but its doesnae really bother me. Thats why I didn't mean what I said against you and made that point. I've probably praised Lee more than PB has praised Boydy and that says sumthin! :lol:

You've mentioned that maybe I take it a bit far recently, thats your opinion and thats fair enough.

I've probably praised Lee more than PB has praised Boydy and that says sumthin! :lol:

Disagree on the Gow thing anyway and talking of McCulloch, Hibs at home, Hearts away, tonight he was poor, Motherwell away and at Tannadice were all games where he was quite below average as far as I'm concerned.