* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emptying the bank for a manager... Then he'll be looking for minimum 5-10million transfer budget add to that the already crippling wage budget and the need to get players out before getting any in. They have went for it and when it fails its gonna be spectacular viewing.

CL is a must for them next year fail and its a ticking time bomb already

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

emptying the bank for a manager... Then he'll be looking for minimum 5-10million transfer budget add to that the already crippling wage budget and the need to get players out before getting any in. They have went for it and when it fails its gonna be spectacular viewing.

CL is a must for them next year fail and its a ticking time bomb already

They are going wey beyond crazy budget unless he is on ronny's 250k a year which I highly doubt.

If he signs he has more players than the England team to shift through they cunts will be on there arses by November unless they make group stages as you say.

NEIL LENNON has jetted into Dublin with Celtic’s major shareholder Dermot Desmond pledging a new manager will be revealed within the next ‘four or five days.’

And while ex-Liverpool gaffer Brendan Rodgers is currently the bookies' favourite, SunSport Online can reveal highly successful former Hoops boss Lennon is still a serious contender for a sensational return to the Parkhead hotseat.

Free agent Lennon – also idolised as Hoops captain - is in Ireland’s capital to be a TV pundit for tonight’s Europa League final between Liverpool and Sevilla in Basle.

While Celts manager he regularly met Desmond in Dublin.

David Moyes, Roy Keane and Mick McCarthy have also featured prominently in Desmond’s thinking but it’s believed there are others under real consideration who have so far stayed under the radar.

A final decision on the manager is expected to be made over the weekend before Desmond and Lawwell make a formal offer and enter into talks over salary, transfer budget and backroom staff.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I bet Scott Sinclair will be one of his first signings :anguish:

I'd imagine they will go for some of the out of favour Liverpool players and youngsters. Like Warburton Rodgers will have good links down south from his time at Swansea and Liverpool.

If they were to get Rodgers there`s no denying that on paper its a decent appointment but it won`t be as easy as simply going out and spending £10mil or whatever it is they`ve given him. They have a bloated squad on high wages and many will be hard to shift and these players will need sold/paid off before Rodgers will even be allowed to properly spend money. He plays a similar philosophy to Warburton and this year we had the advantage where he had a clean slate, could bring in players already aware of his philosophy and that the league wasn`t anywhere near as difficult as next year`s top flight. There`s no guarantees they`ll hit the ground running as we did and I can`t imagine many of their current players being adaptable to the culture shock Rodgers would bring.

Also, competition with Rodgers may actually help convince Warbs to stay on longer and I`m still holding out hope they`ll get Lennon.

It will be interesting if they pull this one off. Rodgers stands to lose £10mill from Liverpool if he signs, so I imagine he will be paid £5-£6mill by them, cutting into their transfer budget significantly. I still believe this is just smoke and mirrors for ST sales boost then the prodigal son gets it. 

37 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Isn't he basically finished? I don't think I've seen him have a good game since he left Swansea?

Did not bad when he first moved to Villa under Sherwood but like everything else there it quickly turned to shit.

He's just turned 27 so Rodgers could easily take him up here and probably do a similar thing to what Warburton did with Waghorn & Forrester.

If they land him then I think everyone connected with Rangers should be applauded. Warburton and Weir have they bastards rattled so much so the panic button has been hammered. All in under a year. When it goes tits up wee Brendan will jump ship and head away down south again. Leaving the taigs ship sinking at a alarming rate.

the daylate record's Keith Jackson says his basic salary is going to dwarf that of Mon who was on 1million quid a year

Archived