* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Thats the thing they have a HUGE squad, full of players who've flopped. They spent 9 mill on CBs and still didn't find a decent pairing.

You then look at Cole and Kazim Richards, although not huge fees involved they were both released during their contract.

I think we are well ahead of them regarding recruitment set up.

They have so many that they have released players I forgot they signed at times. Recruitment is a mess.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, StewGer said:

They have so many that they have released players I forgot they signed at times. Recruitment is a mess.

They made a statement last season that the squad wage bill was the same as the Seville squad which had the Larssons etc so that's a huge wage bill for a largely mediocre squad.

8 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

They made a statement last season that the squad wage bill was the same as the Seville squad which had the Larssons etc so that's a huge wage bill for a largely mediocre squad.

Lawell tried to make that out as a good thing when he was on the defensive from angry fans, but you are right they have a huge squad rather than 7 or 8 quality players on big wages making up the majority of the bill as it was back then. That's the bit that gets me, they really should be out of sight but have went for quantity over quality for years. Long may it continue.

4 minutes ago, StewGer said:

Lawell tried to make that out as a good thing when he was on the defensive from angry fans, but you are right they have a huge squad rather than 7 or 8 quality players on big wages making up the majority of the bill as it was back then. That's the bit that gets me, they really should be out of sight but have went for quantity over quality for years. Long may it continue.

They got a bit cocky mate. As you say they should be out of sight and I could only imagine what our management and recruitment would have done with the money they've thrown at players.

15 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Seville team was from 2003 so the money then compared to now probably doesn't sound that much.

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Seville team was from 2003 so the money then compared to now probably doesn't sound that much.

It probably doesn't but when you also consider what player they had at that time , Larsson , Sutton etc that squad would've been on a fairly hefty wedge and with a greater income revenue stream at that time.

Compare that to now with no CL money for 2 years and very low TV income I'd say that wage is still very substantial.

1 hour ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

It probably doesn't but when you also consider what player they had at that time , Larsson , Sutton etc that squad would've been on a fairly hefty wedge and with a greater income revenue stream at that time.

Compare that to now with no CL money for 2 years and very low TV income I'd say that wage is still very substantial.

Lego is reportedly on 25k pw so I would imagine there will be a few among them plus the superflops they paid off. Things could get very interesting when they fail in Europe :mutley:

2 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

Lego is reportedly on 25k pw so I would imagine there will be a few among them plus the superflops they paid off. Things could get very interesting when they fail in Europe :mutley:

They also haven't really got that sellable asset to fall back on either.

25k would be a crazy amount to be paying that cunt....also how much they're paying Brenda.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

No but the new Chinese wonder kid 

SumYung Bum has.

I picked up a workmates paper this morning, opened a couple of pages and there was the new young striker saying he can be the best in the world. :D  Aim high young yin, aim high!

13 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I picked up a workmates paper this morning, opened a couple of pages and there was the new young striker saying he can be the best in the world. :D  Aim high young yin, aim high!

Turned down so many teams to sign for Davy Moyes, erm sorry Brendum, sellik

Archived