* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

If you think about what they did they basically promoted PIRA pictures in a football stadium in clear daylight with everyone watching it (not that I bothered, I never watch them). Just imagine if Ibrox in a months time had a huge UVF banner, imagine the uproar, the front pages. 

I'm sure the FARE observer will be sending their report as a matter of urgency. This is what happens when your CE doesn't give a patronising speech before each UEFA home game.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to laugh at that statement from the scum, same old one gets rolled out each time and nothing changes.

The statement that they should be forced to make is that they will renounce any affiliation with the Irish Republic and terrorist sympathisers, remove the tricolour and become a wholly Scottish club.

3 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I see Scottish classical composer James McMillen has stated he will never go back to Celtic Park after the sectarian singing and displays by Celtic fans last night...fair play.

Wonder if Rod Stewart will do the same ? or is he totally oblivious to these things ?

7 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I see Scottish classical composer James McMillen has stated he will never go back to Celtic Park after the sectarian singing and displays by Celtic fans last night...fair play.

Fair play to any Celtic fan who stands up to their own fans and calls this shit out. I've read a fair few guys getting destroyed on twitter by them for having a go. 

It's fucking embarrassing that they are doing this IN THE UK. They can't be allowed to get away with it. Cunts. 

10 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Good on him. He is a highly respected composer the world over. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fair play to any Celtic fan who stands up to their own fans and calls this shit out. I've read a fair few guys getting destroyed on twitter by them for having a go. 

It's fucking embarrassing that they are doing this IN THE UK. They can't be allowed to get away with it. Cunts. 

I follow James McMillen on twitter he is a deeply religious man who follows the catholic faith..he is consistent in calling out prejudice from wherever it comes...a good guy

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I follow James McMillen on twitter he is a deeply religious man who follows the catholic faith..he is consistent in calling out prejudice from wherever it comes...a good guy

This guy?!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12398473.Composer__Celtic_fans_should_feel_free_to_sing_republican_songs_James_MacMillan_claims_sectarianism_rules_out_pride_in_Irish_roots/

MacMillan, who caused a furore in 1999 when he said anti-Catholic discrimination made him "embarrassed" by Scotland, also questioned why Celtic supporters were not free to sing republican songs on the streets of Glasgow.

6 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

You a fan? His stuff is quite hard to play, most of the time. 

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

This guy?!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12398473.Composer__Celtic_fans_should_feel_free_to_sing_republican_songs_James_MacMillan_claims_sectarianism_rules_out_pride_in_Irish_roots/

MacMillan, who caused a furore in 1999 when he said anti-Catholic discrimination made him "embarrassed" by Scotland, also questioned why Celtic supporters were not free to sing republican songs on the streets of Glasgow.

god you have me there mate...he must have changed his tune..pardon the expression. I have followed him for the past year or so and never saw him tweet stuff like that

3 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

god you have me there mate...he must have changed his tune..pardon the expression. I have followed him for the past year or so and never saw him tweet stuff like that

It is a 12 year old article mate, could well have changed his views. That was just the first thing that came up when I googled his name and celtic.

Just now, johanhentze said:

You a fan? His stuff is quite hard to play, most of the time. 

I have heard some of his stuff ,I am not very knowledgeable about classical music although have been listening to a lot of Jacqueline Du Pre and Glenn Gould over the last year which I  am enjoying ...just really starting my education:lol:

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

It is a 12 year old article mate, could well have changed his views. That was just the first thing that came up when I googled his name and celtic.

He seems to be very pro British and very anti SNP  going by his tweets..big supporter of the monarchy as well....big turnaround it would seem

2 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

That'll last till half ten tonight 

If  I read it correctly it seems the match commander at the game when they had the Bobby Sands William Wallace banners was stood down after for taking no action then...so this one will be interesting

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

If  I read it correctly it seems the match commander at the game when they had the Bobby Sands William Wallace banners was stood down after for taking no action then...so this one will be interesting

Sounds promising . 

The thing that is astounding is , how the fuck were the banners allowed in the stadium 

Why nobody ,police,stewards or even lieswell after seeing these banners ,never had them confiscated immediately 

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Sounds promising . 

The thing that is astounding is , how the fuck were the banners allowed in the stadium 

Why nobody ,police,stewards or even lieswell after seeing these banners ,never had them confiscated immediately 

Mate they are made in the fucking ground apparently Celtic have gave them a place to make their displays

Archived