* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Still don't get those things. It's fucking millennials that create shit like that. Dirty wee computer literate bastards.

Stats can very easily be taken out of context and should always be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Some stats are particularly not worth paying much attention to. However, on paper, not great if 80% of crosses are getting by you. That said if 80% of crosses are over hit and going for throw ins, or going nowhere then yes it's rather misleading. Giving the hype surrounding young braceface though I would have thought he would have had better stats than that.

I guess the only stats that really matters is whether you win or or not!

Sutton again genuinely surprised by the puddle drinkers getting turned over by a much better side. 

It's a myth Chris. Your mob are top dogs currently in Scotland because your budget dwarfs every other club. Your shite in Europe because you're, well, shite. 

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Stats can very easily be taken out of context and should always be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Some stats are particularly not worth paying much attention to. However, on paper, not great if 80% of crosses are getting by you. That said if 80% of crosses are over hit and going for throw ins, or going nowhere then yes it's rather misleading. Giving the hype surrounding young braceface though I would have thought he would have had better stats than that.

I guess the only stats that really matters is whether you win or or not!

I don't mind stats, mate. I hate spider web picture things that I have to work out.

Just now, Inigo said:

I don't mind stats, mate. I hate spider web picture things that I have to work out.

Ha! Fair point. Yeah, I don't mind having a wee glance over them, and more than likely dismissing them but fuck actually watching every minute of every game noting down cross attempts vs cross completion/blocks, calculating it all out then creating that monstrosity, just for one bloody player! Then counting all the action areas and all sorts! Then repeat for all players in Scotland! Exciting life to lead!

Archived