One Player

BlueSuedeSambas

Everybody has their favourite players ouwith Rangers who they would really love to see play for us. So if you could see one player play for us who would you pick and why? It can be as unrealistic as you want or as a realistic as you want, this threads just a bit of fun.

Although most people would be tempted to go with a big name: Henry, Kaka, C Ronaldo, personally I would love to see Emre play for us. I think a midfield of him and Ferguson would be fantastic.

He's not done the business enough for Newcastle, but I've been a fan of Emre since I was about 14. He's a great left footed footballer, he has a massive heart and he doesn't shy away from a tackle or a scuffle. People would see him as being a bit small for the SPL, but I think he has the ability and will to win to get over that. I'll only whisper it, but he's almost like a better version of a certain Mr Brown from across the city in terms of what he does for his team.

Who would you pick?

I think what we really need in the current team is a creative midfielder who also scores a few goals, but also able to dig in and do some dirty work when needed. I can't think of anyone better who would fit right in than Steven Gerrard.

Not only would he provide goals and creativity but he has the determination and fight that would suit us nicely.

Gatutso, Messi, Ribbery, Fabregas - any one - or all - they have different qualities BUT all quality!

In the real wrold - Steve Sidwell (Chelsea reserves) impressed me in the pre-season friendly - creative midfielder

We were linked with Sidwell before he joined Chelski, but I think most teams were tbh, he impressed me too.

Shaun wright phillips would be someone i'd like to see in our colours, but at a long shot would be the best player in the world and thats Steven Gerrard, would love to see him play alongside Fergie!!

I remember as a kid I loved Jari Litmanen, hes one of the best players I've ever seen and I really wanted Gers to get him, nobody like him like him now.

The wee brazilian that plays for werder bremen, attacking midfielder, Diego. He is a genius with the ball and is just the kind of guy we need to link the midfield and attack. Also, a bit pricey but I can dream!!

Juan Roman Riquelme

Always been a favourite of mine since i seen im play at Ibrox. He is exactly the type of player our squad is crying out for. Someone who can play that killer pass and come up with a moment of pure magic. Villareal have quoted £3 million for him aswell, we can certainly afford that.

He has his problems with attitude but with Uncle Walter in charge i don't see that being a problem.