Proof that No Upgrade is happening to Parkhead

Garfield

Doesn't prove anything just because it's not mentioned. If their having the opening ceremony and the athlete's village nearby, there's no way they'll leave that area a slum. They'll pump millions into it and the stadium is bound to get work done as well.

:rangers:

Doesn't prove anything just because it's not mentioned. If their having the opening ceremony and the athlete's village nearby, there's no way they'll leave that area a slum. They'll pump millions into it and the stadium is bound to get work done as well.

:rangers:

Would you like to read it properly? It says whats happening to Tollcross etc so if there was somethinghappening to Parkhead it would be mentioned. Its not happening all they'll get is a badly needed lick of paint

If we're holding the 7's tournament, why would we not be getting an upgrade too?

I'm hearing nothing but paranoia from some of our fans that because they're (apparently) getting the opening ceremony, they will be getting a free upgrade.

Well, we're hosting the 7s, so I presume the fans think we will be getting the same treatment?

Don't know about anyone else but I never watch these opening ceremonies. Two or three hours of folk poncing about in daft costumes, on stilts, etc.

The important stuff, the competitions, is happening at places like Hampden, Scotstoun and (yes) Ibrox.

If we're holding the 7's tournament, why would we not be getting an upgrade too?

I'm hearing nothing but paranoia from some of our fans that because they're (apparently) getting the opening ceremony, they will be getting a free upgrade.

Well, we're hosting the 7s, so I presume the fans think we will be getting the same treatment?

Since when have we gotten the same treatment as them mate?

Since when have we gotten the same treatment as them mate?

Problem with OF fans is we all say the same thing. We all think the other half is far more lauded.

Bet they're saying 'how come we get the pishy opening ceremony and they get an entire tournament'?

As someone has already stated, this proves nothing. The upgrades included in this are only ones that have been finalised. The upgrades to Parkhead are still being deliberated over. GCC are still deciding whether a capacity boost will be given or just a complete makeover. In either case it is an absolute sham that us taxpayers need to pay for Celtic Park to be improved.

That i why you should never trust the council.

As someone has already stated, this proves nothing. The upgrades included in this are only ones that have been finalised. The upgrades to Parkhead are still being deliberated over. GCC are still deciding whether a capacity boost will be given or just a complete makeover. In either case it is an absolute sham that us taxpayers need to pay for Celtic Park to be improved.

Any links to those plans then??

No, because like i ssaid, they are still deliberating over them. But i can assure you the moment the plans are released and i find them you will be the first to know. (tu)

No, because like i ssaid, they are still deliberating over them. But i can assure you the moment the plans are released and i find them you will be the first to know. (tu)

If they're deliberating over them there'll be news of them somewhere so I'm not believing anything or I see them in black and white

This isa rhetorical question, however, surely, the Cgames Organisers will consider having blue and white coloured seats (the colours of the Saltire) installed in a stadium which is adorned in green ? It's supposed to be a showpiece event and the colours of our country are not green, me thinks, marketing has gone wrong. What fools !

Look like a "quid pro quo" ?

I also hope that they will not be flying the tricolor as the Republic are not part of the Commonwealth, however, looking forward to seeing all the flags of the home nations. I wonder if the owners of the stadium will take down the flag of their mother country ? This will annoy the faithful !

Have the organisers thought of this ?

This isa rhetorical question, however, surely, the Cgames Organisers will consider having blue and white coloured seats (the colours of the Saltire) installed in a stadium which is adorned in green ? It's supposed to be a showpiece event and the colours of our country are not green, me thinks, marketing has gone wrong. What fools !

Look like a "quid pro quo" ?

I also hope that they will not be flying the tricolor as the Republic are not part of the Commonwealth, however, looking forward to seeing all the flags of the home nations. I wonder if the owners of the stadium will take down the flag of their mother country ? This will annoy the faithful !

Have the organisers thought of this ?

Lots of things still to be finalized - not worth worrying about for now.

Because The Piggery is in dire need of rejuvenation work. The place is a tip from entrance to exit.

Ibrox is a stunning stadium that requires the odd lick of paint here and there but nowhere near the level Parkhead requires.

i have said it once and i will say it again, when manchester hosted the games the city of manchester stadium only held 38000 for the opening and closing ceremonies. Why would they need to give celtic park more seats when it already holds more than 20000 more than manchester did??? Especially as its just hosting the opening ceremony. If it was hosting more things then there might be more justification for it. It might get a bit of cosmetic work as its a dump but thats about it. The surrounding area will get improved transport links etc but i cant see parkhead getting more than wee bit of cosmetic work/damn good clean.

Because The Piggery is in dire need of rejuvenation work. The place is a tip from entrance to exit.

Ibrox is a stunning stadium that requires the odd lick of paint here and there but nowhere near the level Parkhead requires.

Could someone tell me what was unreasonable about one of the terms I used so i don't use it again on this board please?

i have said it once and i will say it again, when manchester hosted the games the city of manchester stadium only held 38000 for the opening and closing ceremonies. Why would they need to give celtic park more seats when it already holds more than 20000 more than manchester did??? Especially as its just hosting the opening ceremony. If it was hosting more things then there might be more justification for it. It might get a bit of cosmetic work as its a dump but thats about it. The surrounding area will get improved transport links etc but i cant see parkhead getting more than wee bit of cosmetic work/damn good clean.

Perhaps the whole point of the hosting the games is to upgrade porkheed, after all it was thrown up cheaply and by 2014 it will be costing an arm and a leg to maintain.

I have to say expect more of the same with john reid there ... not that the timmy labour party ever needed any encouragement to bail out septic of course :rolleyes:

I have posted it in another thread but to save you looking through it a link to the official bid website which proves nothing is happening to parkhead for the games as nothing mentioned about it -

http://www.glasgow2014.com/Our-Bid/The-Ven...xisting-Venues/

It says that celtic park is hosting the opening ceremony, if so i think the shit hole is gunna need sum work. Wats wrong with Hampden 4 the opening ceremony? i dnt think either ibrox or celtic park r good choices 4 holding such a thing but hampden would suit the bill perfectly!

NAE UPGRADE AYE RIGHT !!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA doh:sherlock: