IF McLeish Goes?

Eck knows he can get the team into the world cup... why would he want to miss out on that?

End of the day.. the world cup and champions league is the be all and end all of football... thats where player and manager want to be.

I wouldn't be too dissapointed if Eck did go, my only problem would be who to replace him.

Eck seems an awful like Uncle Walter at times, late subs and being defensive.

Jim Jefferies or John Collins.

I wouldn't be too dissapointed if Eck did go, my only problem would be who to replace him.

id be gutted if eck left. i know you blame him for yesterday but what can you do when you concede in the first minute? all his plans and preparations go out the window! when we got the goal he brought on another forward(good sub) to go for the win and that sub set up faddy for that sitter! we ended the 1st half well, thats why he never made any subs at half time and he was justified as we battered the tallies in the 2nd half! i know you have something against mcculloch and he never played well yesterday and should have been been taken off for miller instead of brown(who wasnt great but was better than mcculloch). that was his only mistake yesterday imo.

id be gutted if eck left. i know you blame him for yesterday but what can you do when you concede in the first minute? all his plans and preparations go out the window! when we got the goal he brought on another forward(good sub) to go for the win and that sub set up faddy for that sitter! we ended the 1st half well, thats why he never made any subs at half time and he was justified as we battered the tallies in the 2nd half! i know you have something against mcculloch and he never played well yesterday and should have been been taken off for miller instead of brown(who wasnt great but was better than mcculloch). that was his only mistake yesterday imo.

I just think Eck is quite over-rated as a manager, I do rate him and he's very likeable and knowledgable about the game but as I put in the BD, he's been very lucky/rides his luck at times and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired at times.

I don't have anything against McCulloch tbf, apart from the fact I don't rate him anywhere as near as high as others.

Im hoping he stays on, but if not I would like Someone like Souness or Dalglish, someone who would be prepared to stick with Scotland for the long haul. If we went for Levein or even the likes of Davies and they did well, they too would be off. They have plenty of time for that.

I don't think he will leave tbh.

If he goes to Birmingham he is more than likely not to be managing in the premiership next season anyway. With the likes of Gordon, Hutton, Brown and McFadden we have players to build a really strong team around so i expect Big Eck to stay on unless he got a really good offer from a decent Premiership side that wasn't regularly battling relegation.

If you were Eck's personal advise you'd be telling hm to move on from Scotland now, as our "star" is likeley to start falling soon. If he goes now, he' more likeley to find a better club job, than getting little in the years to come when Scotland sink from their current high ranking.

If you were Eck's personal advise you'd be telling hm to move on from Scotland now, as our "star" is likeley to start falling soon. If he goes now, he' more likeley to find a better club job, than getting little in the years to come when Scotland sink from their current high ranking.

I agree with this, to be honest.

We're 13th in the world, I think, and lets be honest - we won't get any better than that.

I can see him moving to a mid-table Premiership side.

I agree with this, to be honest.

We're 13th in the world, I think, and lets be honest - we won't get any better than that.

I can see him moving to a mid-table Premiership side.

i disagree. we were on the verge of breaking into the top 10 and with another successful campaign(hopefully ending in qualification) i can see us continuing to be around the 13th place in the rankings. but until the start of the qualfiers we will slip to around 20th imo. this team is only going to get better and with huttons reputation growing game by game, we have one of the best full backs in europe. only problem for me is replacing davie weir as i doubt he'll continue at international level for much longer. but i do agree that once big ecks time is up with scotland(after world cup qualifiers imo) then the best he can get is mid table prem side.

None of those managers are good enough to manage Scotland. Dalgleish ffs.

I dont know? Souness, Davies, McCallister and Alex Millar maybe Collins?? Wouldnt want a foreigner.