Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He does choose his words very carefully, our Uncle Walter, by not mentioning 'Celtic'

Nevertheless:

“From my point of view, that aspect didn’t come into it,†he said. “I would hope those days are over now.''
Interesting, does he really believe this?

Watty, hes a badge smackin, bead rattlin bastard. End Of!

I'll support Miller as he is now a GERS player. However, it would not surprise me one bit if he turns out to be the dud we believe he is. But.. he gets my support until he leaves the club.

The thing is its a massive gamble and such an unnecessary one.

As a RFC supporter I must hope it pays off, but I do not like it one bit.

I would have thought there were alternatives that would have pleased the fans.

WALTER SMITH has appealed to Rangers fans to give Kenny Miller a second chance.

The 29-year-old Scotland striker became the first player in the modern era to cross the Old Firm divide twice when he signed for the Light Blues from Derby County for £1.9-million earlier this month.

His move, though, has been a highly contentious one.

Sections of the Rangers support have repeatedly chanted their disapproval since it became clear that Miller’s transfer was a live possibility.

Protests

Rangers Supporters Trust spokesman David Edgar described the level of protests as “unprecedented†and Miller himself as a “deeply unpopular player.â€

While some fans claimed Miller had gestured to the Celtic badge after scoring against Rangers, Edgar insisted the real problem was that he was seen as simply not good enough.

It is a view lent some support by the striker’s largely unsuccessful 15-month stint at the club.

Light Blues boss Smith, though, argues the player he has signed in 2008 is vastly improved from the one that last wore the jersey.

“In terms of the reaction generated by Kenny’s arrival, I would ask everybody not to make judgements on previous situations and his previous time at Rangers,†he said.

“He is a far more experienced player now, and at the stage in his career where he will be able to use the experience he has.

“Big benefitâ€

“If he does that, I am sure he will be a big benefit to us, and if the supporters see that is the case, I am sure they will get over their misgivings.

“I hope that is the case, anyway.â€

Gordon Strachan has signed former Rangers players Steven Pressley and Mark Brown for Celtic in recent years, and Smith is optimistic Miller’s time across the city in 2006 should not be an issue.

“From my point of view, that aspect didn’t come into it,†he said. “I would hope those days are over now.

“What was important to me was that Kenny was a terrific team player, who could help us improve.

“We needed a bit better movement from the front players and he can supply that because he is a very willing runner.â€

http://www.sundaypost.com/postindex.htm

hate him with a passion

fud filler gtf

Why should we pay any heed to what Smith has to say about mhisser he couldnt care less what we had to say before he signed him so fuck off Wattie so if this arsehole doesnt make it you are going

to get your arse in a sling.

Similar article in the Sunday Mail. What really worries me though is Smith's comments that there may only be one or two more additions, as we have abig enough squad, and that Lee McCulloch has no chance of being sold. Great, another shit season ahead. FFS Walter, a blind man can see that we need improving.

:rangers: :unionflag:

Fuck Khenny Miller.

And I dont know how true this but if it is then it's very worrying.

"I'm not looking to bring in many more because we have quite a big squad. If one or two we've been looking at become available we will go for them."

Sorry but if that's true, then it's another example that Walter Smith has lost the plot. So much for quality, we are lacking in 4-5 quality players. 2-3 of the positions have been lacking for years.

Brutal.

I hope he makes it - I want ALL Rangers players to do well.

I don't think he will however, and I don't think he can no matter what - far too many narrow minded supporters have already decided Millers fate. But I still wont boo him - or any other in a Rangers shirt. It achieves precisely fuck all and NEVER helps the team. I've seen it for donkeys years - Quentin Young, Jim Denny, Ally McCoist (!), Hateley, Charlie Adam and many more. Not once do I remember the player singled out by the boo-boys helped along by the negativity heaped on their shoulders.

Get behind the team on the park FFS :rangers:

Fuck Khenny Miller.

"I'm not looking to bring in many more because we have quite a big squad. If one or two we've been looking at become available we will go for them."

Sorry but if that's true, then it's another example that Walter Smith has lost the plot. So much for quality, we are lacking in 4-5 quality players. 2-3 of the positions have been lacking for years.

Brutal.

Im not going to read too much into that, surely he has a descent kitty and hes just keeping his cards close to his chest.

Seems pointless coming out and saying yes, we will be signing another 5 players, clubs would just try to milk every last penny out of us that they can

Fuck Khenny Miller.

Brutal.

(Hadn't seen that) (tu)

I hope he makes it - I want ALL Rangers players to do well.

I don't think he will however, and I don't think he can no matter what - far too many narrow minded supporters have already decided Millers fate. But I still wont boo him - or any other in a Rangers shirt. It achieves precisely fuck all and NEVER helps the team. I've seen it for donkeys years - Quentin Young, Jim Denny, Ally McCoist (!), Hateley, Charlie Adam and many more. Not once do I remember the player singled out by the boo-boys helped along by the negativity heaped on their shoulders.

Get behind the team on the park FFS :rangers:

Have to agree as giving Miller pelters will not help the team at all and make no mistake he will be a first pick every week, one things for certain he will not be as bad as Lee so if he takes his jersey it will be better but only just.

If he puts the ball in the back of the net, who cares where he's been.

If he works as hard as he does for Scotland (and them) then I think he might be alright.

Time will tell, at least give him a chance :)

Similar article in the Sunday Mail. What really worries me though is Smith's comments that there may only be one or two more additions, as we have abig enough squad, and that Lee McCulloch has no chance of being sold. Great, another shit season ahead. FFS Walter, a blind man can see that we need improving.

Another shite season - you must mean the one before last cause last season was remarkable, dissapointing to lose the league, but a huge improvement and 2 cups plus a UEFA final.

Me I am looking forward to MIller scoring the winner against Celtic in the first old firm game - I'll be cheering him then and cheering him at the start of the season.

I'm reluctantly going to support Miller.

However, despite always hearing people within the game talk about how he's a willing runner, he's certainly going to have to do a lot more than be a willing runner to make me say that he's a good player.

As I said yesterday Miller is going to have to reach a level of performance that he has never reached before, and if that isn't hard enough he's going to have to maintain it for a very long period of time and personally speaking I have severe reservations about wheter he can do it.

Another shite season - you must mean the one before last cause last season was remarkable, dissapointing to lose the league, but a huge improvement and 2 cups plus a UEFA final.

Improvement? In winning games and league position and 2 Cups, yes though we were utter shite in that League Cup Final and were'nt exactly convincing on our Scottish Cup run, I'm not one to celebrate failure.

I think we have to give him a chance now he's here, not least of all because it will make wee gordon look bad and will start the rumblings again if he's a big success with us (tu)

I couldn't care less about Gordon ffs, its us thats most important! It would no start rumblings anyway!

This arsehole will never be anything than what he is fucking shite and Smith can shout how he will fit in at Rangers is bollocks Jesus Christ couldne make a fitba player oot a this scummy bastard.

Iknow nobody likes a "I told you so" but it is coming to all these people including Smith who are deluding themselves about this arsehole i dont subscribe to this put a monkey in a Rangers shirt and

we will support it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream that Kenny Miller scored on Sunday.

The ball was blocked and fell to miller, who slotted home........ However as Miller was congratulated by his team mates, the Rangers fans who managed to see the game turned away and refused to applaud.

Weird dream, but interesting I thought.....

I had a dream that Kenny Miller scored on Sunday.

The ball was blocked and fell to miller, who slotted home........ However as Miller was congratulated by his team mates, the Rangers fans who managed to see the game turned away and refused to applaud.

Weird dream, but interesting I thought.....

dont suppose game is on tv is it??