Hatton Vs. Mayweather thread

What the fuck was he even doing in the same city as Mayweather? Fucking joke of a boxer if we are honest. The Yank did'nt break sweat.

Good bye ricky and retire, you are a joke and out your depth.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least hatton tried to make a fight out of it, ok so its about different tactics, but mayweather just stood back, leaned in all night, and came out with perfect hits at the right time, thats where he gets his credit. Hatton then started going to gung ho and because he was the only one really going for it, he was getting tired, so near the end of the fight mayweather could take over. that was the plan for mayweather the whole time and it worked, the fact that there was hardly a scratch on mayweather says a lot aswell though

What the fuck was he even doing in the same city as Mayweather? Fucking joke of a boxer if we are honest. The Yank did'nt break sweat.

Good bye ricky and retire, you are a joke and out your depth.

:rolleyes:

I think your being far too cynical for your own good

Cracking fight, Mayweather is a great fighter, as Ricky said at the end of the fight accurate punchs were the killer

Proud of Hatton though, shame about the dick head fans booing the US national anthem, makes me sick, and probably something the media will focus on.

Next move for Hatton?

Set up a pub in Manchester! His undefeated status is gone and will struggle to get another top flight match like this.

He'll have a few quid in the bank too.

He should just buy France and make it into a big bouncy castle. :bouncy: :bouncy:

What's the next move, boxing wise, for Hatton???

Been lots of rumours round this way for along time that his trainers want him to pull out of boxing sooner rather than later. This is because of his unhealthy habits when he is not in training mode, and him keep moving up and down weight for fights!! I can see him funding a boxing academy myself, any opportunity he can hes telling kids to stay of the streets and that boxing keeps you disciplined, I think it is in his nature to give "somert back"

What's the next move, boxing wise, for Hatton???

Been lots of rumours round this way for along time that his trainers want him to pull out of boxing sooner rather than later. This is because of his unhealthy habits when he is not in training mode, and him keep moving up and down weight for fights!! I can see him funding a boxing academy myself, any opportunity he can hes telling kids to stay of the streets and that boxing keeps you disciplined, I think it is in his nature to give "somert back"

Yeah he does seem the caring kind.

Best i can say is good effort Hatton. Mayweather is the master of the ring, his defence tonight was unbelivable i only saw 3 left hooks to the body from Hatton in 10 rounds of boxing as Mayweather never gave him the chance to use his best shot. Billy Graham said after the fight that he had ben telling everyone Hattons a junior welterweight, should never have took the fight at welterweight it was a big mistake. Love him or hate him Mayweather is one of the all time greats and Cotto is the only fighter out there that will give him a half a fight.

It wasnt so much a great fight but an absolutely classic perfrmance from Mayweather. I knew he was good but not that good, he totally outclassed Hatton!!! A great champion!!! Now everyone will want Mayweather v Cotto and if Hatton dont retire will prob take on Mosely next down a weight!!!

It wasnt so much a great fight but an absolutely classic perfrmance from Mayweather. I knew he was good but not that good, he totally outclassed Hatton!!! A great champion!!! Now everyone will want Mayweather v Cotto and if Hatton dont retire will prob take on Mosely next down a weight!!!

yes buts thats Hattons natural weight , he stepped up to fight mayweather. and usually is a bad move and it tells on boxers when it matters ,. mayweather too classy for him. i got it wrong . and even if he went toe to toe with ricky last night looked still too powerful.. hatton had no effect on him his punches.

imo he stepped up to fight urango too and he won the fight but he struggle.. then he fight class in mayweather had to step up again ach too much for him.

im not sure where Ricky Hatton can go, despite a convincing defeat i think he's still an elite level fighter - but the problem is that he is at his best at 140lb and there really isnt any big fights at that level

there is Junior Witter who has been calling out Hatton for years, another british junior welter World Champ - and witter is a legit fighter, but the vast majority of the time he is ridiculously boring and nobody would pay to see him fight

or Hatton can try to use financial/tv exposure muscle to call some of the other guys at 147 down a weight..

yes buts thats Hattons natural weight , he stepped up to fight mayweather. and usually is a bad move and it tells on boxers when it matters ,. mayweather too classy for him. i got it wrong . and even if he went toe to toe with ricky last night looked still too powerful.. hatton had no effect on him his punches.

imo he stepped up to fight urango too and he won the fight but he struggle.. then he fight class in mayweather had to step up again ach too much for him.

Yeh m8 I know thats his weight its just I was still really tired fae watching the fight and didnae word it very well!!! (tu)