1997 Alleged Transfers

Stardog

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/field/2968/target.html

Robert Pires - £5m compared to £4.5m for Scott Brown. How times have changed and standards have slipped.

A Jardel at his peak for £4.5m.... I think that's the one most people remember.

Nice find mate (tu)

I found this a few months ago and mentioned it in the thread about Ronaldo 'signing' for us, but I couldn't find it again!

I found this bit interesting in Negris section

Filippo Maniero will today join Parma from Verona in a £3.5 million deal. Reports in Italy earlier in the week claimed that the former Sampdoria striker was poised to sign for Rangers. The Ibrox club may now switch their attention to Perugia front man Marco Negri

I was more a youngster at the time but from what I recall were we not unable sign Jardel because he could not get a work permit so he went to Portugal instead where he was allowed to play?

This is true, it was all done and dusted (remember him getting paraded at Ibrox?) but couldn't get a permit for him sadly.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/field/2968/target.html

Robert Pires - £5m compared to £4.5m for Scott Brown. How times have changed and standards have slipped.

A Jardel at his peak for £4.5m.... I think that's the one most people remember.

Nice find mate (tu)

I found this a few months ago and mentioned it in the thread about Ronaldo 'signing' for us, but I couldn't find it again!

Er, I remember Mrs Jardel quite well :pics::lol: .

Seriously, we were told that Jardel 'could not trap a bag of cement'. The edical 'advice' that was lacking for Hartson and Raul clearly didn't influence the dozen or so unfit or injury prone duds signed over the last couple of years.

It makes you sick :barf: !