Seems Thomson was dropped to save him from suspension...

Boab

....It's a massive blow to Gordon Strachan as he bids for a first victory over Rangers since Smith returned to the Ibrox hotseat.

While McGeady's booking rules him out, Smith rested midfielder Kevin Thomson in the 2-1 win over Hearts to avoid losing him through suspension. Like McGeady, the former Hibs man was on five bookings and one yellow card away from a two-game ban, but he'll be available for Parkhead. Alan Hutton picked up his fifth yellow against Hearts...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/displ...for_mcgeady.php

Just goes to show how important KT is becoming for us now. A right battler but can pass too

Delighted that Thomson is convincing more and more fans of his true worth to the team. Personally I'm a big fan of him, and he'd be in my team every time.

We've been needing someone in the midfield for a while that could do the dirty work off the ball. Thomson is that man (tu)

Thats what they say but Im sure Walter dropped him because he has had enough of his lack of contribution

You never hear a manger saying he is droped becuase he is pesh so he has to say something, I dont think selic will be to bothered if he was playing anyway

Delighted that Thomson is convincing more and more fans of his true worth to the team. Personally I'm a big fan of him, and he'd be in my team every time.

We've been needing someone in the midfield for a while that could do the dirty work off the ball. Thomson is that man (tu)

Totally agree (tu)

I've had arguments among mates about his contribution and I feel he has done well since coming here. And, the plus point is that he is still young and should improve to become a permanent fixture in the Rangers side for years to come :rangers:

Thats what they say but Im sure Walter dropped him because he has had enough of his lack of contribution

You never hear a manger saying he is droped becuase he is pesh so he has to say something, I dont think selic will be to bothered if he was playing anyway

Don't talk shite!

He was clearly left out of the team so he wouldn't miss the tims game on the January 2nd, Thomo will probably be playing against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and Celtic so why just drop him for the Hearts game?

Future Rangers captain :rangers:

My information is that he was rested because of the threat of suspension. I'm also sure Celtic will be bothered with him being dropped as - unlike their missing players - he's done pretty well against them for us recently. Also scored against them for Hibs last season IIRC.

Don't talk shite!

He was clearly left out of the team so he wouldn't miss the tims game on the January 2nd, Thomo will probably be playing against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and Celtic so why just drop him for the Hearts game?

Everybody is entitled to thier opinion but yours is vey abusive

I think he is absolutely hopeless and I hope he never kicks a ball for us again

A right battler ok, tries extremely hard, but is slow and very limited going forward.

you almost described hemdani, bar the right battler, thomson is becoming a important player for us

It was KT's performance that allowed Barry to dictate the game against the Tims in our 3 (shouldve been more) nil victory at Ibrox. He doesnt have to be great going forward he just has to break up play and allow other players to do their job.

....It's a massive blow to Gordon Strachan as he bids for a first victory over Rangers since Smith returned to the Ibrox hotseat.

While McGeady's booking rules him out, Smith rested midfielder Kevin Thomson in the 2-1 win over Hearts to avoid losing him through suspension. Like McGeady, the former Hibs man was on five bookings and one yellow card away from a two-game ban, but he'll be available for Parkhead. Alan Hutton picked up his fifth yellow against Hearts...

Smith showing all his experience yet again :pipe:

thomson has been getting better and better this year. I have to say i wasnt too impressed with his contribution in the first 6 months but i suppose we can attribute that to him settling in at a big club. £2m last january seemed an awful lot for him at the time imo, hes starting to show signs thats he going to be worth it but i still think he can improve as a player. His passing can be very poor at times and thats something he needs to work on.

Smith showing all his experience yet again :pipe:

(tu) Agreed, Thomson will be a big player for us in big games in the next 2 months and in the future. A good manager managing his resources? Well played Walter.

Don't talk shite!

Everybody is entitled to thier opinion but yours is vey abusive

I think he is absolutely hopeless and I hope he never kicks a ball for us again

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't talk shite!

cause it takes 2 weeks to for the suspension to kick in there for he can play against these teams but wont get suspended against the tic!!!!thomson is quality