Walter ready to use fringe players

Boab

Rangers manager Walter Smith is ready to plunge fringe players into key matches as his side approach a crucial run of six games in 17 days.

The hectic sequence of Clydesdale Bank Premier League matches could make or break Rangers' chances of dethroning champions Celtic.

However, Smith believes his squad possesses the required depth to handle the rigorous schedule, and with the likes of Chris Burke, Ugo Ehiogu, Thomas Buffel and Alan Gow waiting in the wings, Rangers appear well equipped.

Smith seems certain to field his first-choice line-up at Aberdeen on Sunday, and also in the Old Firm clash with Celtic on January 2.

But the man who returned to Ibrox at the start of the year recognises the physical demands of playing so many games in a short space of time.

And he seems certain to use Rangers' large pool of players if there is any hint of the games taking a heavy toll.

"We'll probably have to," Smith said.

"We've got this amount of matches coming in a short space of time.

"If you look at our international players, they've actually been playing and doing very little training between (matches) already this season.

"If you take into account Champions League and international games and League Cup games, it's just stretching on a bit longer than it normally does for them.

"You take account of that in terms of the amount of training they do, so I don't think it should have any ill-effect on them.

"The injury situation is possibly the one - when you play more games, the more likely you are to get an injury and the more necessary it will be to use our full squad."

As well as the Dons clash, and the short trip to Celtic, Rangers will face Motherwell, Hibernian, Dundee United and St Mirren in the coming two and a half weeks.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scott...cotspremiership

i dont think we should be getting too worried. I dont think hes going to be changing too much. He might play one or maybe 2 fringe players but its not like hes going to rest half the team for some matches. As long as he doesnt drop barry and play faye instead!!!

i dont think we should be getting too worried. I dont think hes going to be changing too much. He might play one or maybe 2 fringe players but its not like hes going to rest half the team for some matches. As long as he doesnt drop barry and play faye instead!!!

The fact we might see more of the same worries me!

Faye will get sent back when the window opens again

Very worrying as apart from Buffel the rest are of a very poor standard indeed.

Gow?

Lennon?

Furman?

Add Fleck to the list, i expect all these players to be used at some stage over Jan

I'd be very surprised to see any of those players start a league game. I expect there to be rotation of the players who have featured significantly already but not many new names from the current playing staff. Might be a bit different against East Stirling.

Gow?

Lennon?

Furman?

Add Fleck to the list, i expect all these players to be used at some stage over Jan

Apart from maybe East Stirling can you see us playing Fleck?

Gow?

Lennon?

Furman?

Apart from maybe East Stirling can you see us playing Fleck?

If he's on the bench,Yes i can see him coming on

Get your Faye's and Gow's to f*ck. Time to see your Buffel, Furman and even Fleck if you are going to rotate!

The league is our's to throw away. Dont rotate just or the sake of it!

Get your Faye's and Gow's to f*ck. Time to see your Buffel, Furman and even Fleck if you are going to rotate!

Gow might be bad or he might not be but he's no nowhere near as worse as Faye ffs!

Gow might be bad or he might not be but he's as worse as Faye ffs!

Doubt that <_< Can't wait to see this kid Fleck (tu)

You should be in bed and naw correcting ma mistakes! :pipehorse:

Someone has to Boab :lol: :pipehorse:

Someone has to Boab :lol: :pipehorse:

:lol:

Let the North Americans do it then! :harhar: