Gow attracts English interest

Muff

Distressing comments - apart fae jadams - about a lad who is obviously gutted about how things are going after watching the interview with Gow on RTV last night.

He had a very good reputation before moving to Rangers, so no reason why there should be interest, and its criminal that hes not had more of a chance when we've seen pish fae MCulloch and Adam this season.

What do you reckon, 500k if we're lucky ?

In the current set up, I could only see him taking one of the central midfield roles, and pushing up off the striker to make it 4-2-3-1. But I think his lack of pace was always going to hold him back at Rangers. He's not exactly De Boer.

The real shame is that he has been put in a position beyond his ability. He is nowhere near the class we expect from even a poor to average rangers player. My friends and neighbours who are Falkirk regulars were amazed that we had signed him, a common feeling was that he had not made the step up to Falkirk level from Airdrie and had Moutinho and Barrett not had long term injuries for almost all of last season he would not have had many starts.

From what I have seen in the reserve games I have been to, he has not improved on his weaknesses and does not have the attitude that a player wearing the rangers jersey should have.

I agree with Boab that his interview on RTV was distressing to say the least but if he shows that lack of spark and enthusiasm in training perhaps he would be better going down a division where I feel he is more suited. Unfortunately, our wages would make it difficult for him to accept that drop but he could have a decent career in Division One or at a push at the lower end of the spl.

I do wonder if his signing and that of Graeme Smith had more to do with something other than performances because from what I have seen of Smith in the few games I have seen him in and of Gow, whom I have seen probably more than many here,neither have shown the consistent ability at their former clubs to warrant their signings.

How can anyone criticise a guy who hasn't been given any kind of chance ???

Just remember we were all slagging Burke because he was langushing in the reserves "not doing it in the reserves .... needs to be sold", but when the time came for him to step up, he took his chance & has been in excellent form since.

Given the same opportunity, who's to say what Gow would do.

Just remember we were all slagging Burke because he was langushing in the reserves "not doing it in the reserves .... needs to be sold", but when the time came for him to step up, he took his chance & has been in excellent form since.

Well spoken. (tu)

Does anyone know what position it was at Falkirk he played the most times in? I've seen him down as an attacking-midfielder, a left sided midfielder and a centre forward. I've even seen some people saying he could do well in centre midfield aswell. I was impressed with him in the L.A. Galaxy friendly but if Smith is seeing him in training every day and has decided against playing him then I'll trust his judgement.

how was gows interview on RTV distressing? I agree with some of posts on here, cant criticise if he hasnt played.

It probably wasn't.

Gow's just one of the most uncharasmatic people I have ever seen in my life and people are probably mistaking that for distress.

Nice guy, but completely and utterly incapable in front of a camera. Monosyllabic doesn't even cover the depth to which he responds to questions.

And ends up, to be blunt, looking like a total dufus.

Does anyone know what position it was at Falkirk he played the most times in? I've seen him down as an attacking-midfielder, a left sided midfielder and a centre forward. I've even seen some people saying he could do well in centre midfield aswell. I was impressed with him in the L.A. Galaxy friendly but if Smith is seeing him in training every day and has decided against playing him then I'll trust his judgement.

He plays in the same position as Buffel, Kaka and Deco - an advanced attacking mid who operates in the hole behind the strikers.

The distressed Alan Gow after signing for his boyhood heroes...

:lol:

I don't think any interview attitude was down to him being gutted, I think thats just the way he is!

I didn't seen the guy play much at Falkirk, so I can't really comment on his ability.

Gow is overdue a chance and if he cannot get make a decent fist of it v 'The Shire' then he'd be as well packing it in. Mind, we're going to be going through a packed fixture list in the next few weeks and there is every possibility that injury and suspension will take its toll. Let's not be too hasty about selling people on (unless the money is right).

The distressed Alan Gow after signing for his boyhood heroes...

:lol:

I don't think any interview attitude was down to him being gutted, I think thats just the way he is!

I didn't seen the guy play much at Falkirk, so I can't really comment on his ability.

'sum up the whole experience'

'I'm just delighted to be playing and to be involved'.

Wow man, deep :pipehorse:

how was gows interview on RTV distressing?

Distressing comments - apart fae jadams - about a lad who is obviously gutted about how things are going after watching the interview with Gow on RTV last night.

I did not call the interview distressing but the comments from craigee and muffger.

I said the Gowser was obviously gutted about how things were going. Amazing how things can be construed when I go away from my laptop for a few hours!

Others have said about the interview being distressing also, not just bluemeanie tbf

I just take no notice of these guys. They're the usual suspects anyway.

Gow will get his chance and probably take it. He is far better than Charlie Adam.

how was gows interview on RTV distressing? I agree with some of posts on here, cant criticise if he hasnt played.

It probably wasn't.

Gow's just one of the most uncharasmatic people I have ever seen in my life and people are probably mistaking that for distress.

Nice guy, but completely and utterly incapable in front of a camera. Monosyllabic doesn't even cover the depth to which he responds to questions.

And ends up, to be blunt, looking like a total dufus.

Not heard the word 'dufus' for agggggggggges Danny! :lol:

Aye, I agree. Alan's not great in front of the camera, I was told long ago by a pal that he was shy but didn't realise how much so tbh.

How the f*ck was my post "distressing"?

I only said that the teams that were watching him were welcome to him.

I just meant like it was distressing IMO as it was sad that you were that cynical as I'd just came into the thread. Nae offence tho!